Mafia Game 73 (Mk. II)

House Targaryen

Clegane. I would put money that by the end of this, when you are lynched, you will flip evil.

You can tell that off of one post can you? Why do you jump to the conclusion that he's suggesting a Swann defense? I didn't get that from his (Clegane's) post at all. I just thought he was checking to see if it could be construed as a symp clue for House Swann.

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Clegane, Connington, Dayne, Inchfield, Karstark, Kettleblack, Lannister, Mallister, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote for Clegane ( Inchfield)

1 vote for Connington ( Clegane)

1 vote for Dayne ( Royce)

1 vote for Inchfield ( Lannister)

1 vote for Karstark ( Mallister)

1 vote for Lannister ( Dayne)

1 vote for Redfort ( Karstark)

5 players have not voted: Connington, Kettleblack, Redfort, Tollett, Vance.

You can tell that off of one post can you? Why do you jump to the conclusion that he's suggesting a Swann defense? I didn't get that from his (Clegane's) post at all. I just thought he was checking to see if it could be construed as a symp clue for House Swann.

Well, weird + Swann made sense. However, I will concede that it could be because the video was Swann Lake.

And yes, I can tell guilt from one post. I'm that good.

What leads you to think Lannister is the symp in Dayne's post?

This:

When I saw Lannister's post, my first thought was, cool, a new word to use. Then I thought, that might be seen as a symp move so why bring unnecessary trouble.

I interpreted that as Dayne saying Lannister was dropping symp clues... Now that I reread it, I may have misunderstood it.

I also don't understand what you mean by: "With a call and response like that they're either both guilty or neither is. I doubt either is framing the other." Do you mean Dayne rules out the possibility of one being evil and the other innocent, or is it your interpretation of the interaction between Vance and Lannister? Can you clarify?

I meant that based on the "clue" they're either both guilty or it isn't a clue and it makes neither look guilty. Obviously either could be independently guilty once you set the clue aside.

On reflection, and now that I believe I misunderstood what Dayne was saying, I'm thinking that if the clue really was a clue then it is possible that Vance is guilty and not Lannister (fake symping), but if Lannister is evil and it is a clue then Vance is definitely also evil. All of which notwithstanding, I don't believe it was a symp clue.

Inchfield, what did you find so convincing about Dayne's post?

ETA: Obviously a bit of a crosspost. Also to fix up quotes .

Wow, Seriously? o.O

Bleh. If You Really Think Symp Clues (And A Master Acknowledging The Clue With A Nod Back To Me No Less!) Is Something That Would Happen In A Modern Game, Well... It's Hard To Argue Against Idiocy.

So, Instead, I'll Take The More Prosaic View And Speculate That Dayne Is Just Digging For Something To Latch On To.

Either Dayne Is Evil, Or Being Rather Silly. My Faith In My Fellow Mafiosos Leads Me To Fall On The Side Of The Former.

So, Dayne, Time You Expressed Yourself Through The Medium Of Payne? As You Hang By The Neck And Admit Your Crimes.

PS. Is Now A Bad Time To Mention That I Was Originally Looking For The Eric Idle Version Of Swan Lake From The Royal Variety Show, But That One Stood Out As A Funny Alternative?

When I googled swan lake videos, the no fear version didn't come up in the first several pages - even pole dancing to swan lake came up before this one did. To me, it points out that this video was pretty specific.

Try "Royal Variety Swan Lake". That's How I Found It (But Not What I Was Looking For).

Why was it weird? Why would you check to see if there was a House Swann? I understand the whole Swann thing but nothing Vance did, especially as a first post during RP, suggests that he's going for a Swann defense. Jumping the gun a little bit?

I really don't like that post.

Clegane. I would put money that by the end of this, when you are lynched, you will flip evil.

This is a pretty weak vote to be putting money on. Your votes seem to coming way too easily Inchfield. First you leap on Dayne's clue. Then you jump on Clegane for what is pretty clearly a throw away line.

Also, thank you Vance, you've just demonstrated that there is something in the world that is more annoying than writing in allcaps!

Ok, one more thing that's not setting well with me. Inchfield is the first to agree with me about the Lannister case. I disliked him jumping in so quick (perhaps an FM not wanting to be seen defending his partner - in this case Lannister). I was going to sit on it to see where he went with it, but then he jumped at nearly the first chance to vote for someone else. He voted for Clegane for saying Vance's post was weird. It's strange to me because both Clegane and Inch seemed to agree with me that that post was suspicious, but then Inch turns on Clegane because of his wording.

Still means that Lannister's my best vote. Just wanted to point out how strange it seems.

This is a pretty weak vote to be putting money on. Your votes seem to coming way too easily Inchfield. First you leap on Dayne's clue. Then you jump on Clegane for what is pretty clearly a throw away line.

Also, thank you Vance, you've just demonstrated that there is something in the world that is more annoying than writing in allcaps!

If I Wanted To Be Annoying I'd Do This!

Why was it weird? Why would you check to see if there was a House Swann? I understand the whole Swann thing but nothing Vance did, especially as a first post during RP, suggests that he's going for a Swann defense. Jumping the gun a little bit?

I really don't like that post.

Arghhh, I'm done, all my evil plans!!!!! :bawl:

A bit overreacting, are you, Inchfield? But to answer your questions:

The connection between Dance and Vance isn't the most obvious to me, and I didn't see the relationship between the videao and anything that far in the game. So yeah, it jumped a bit to me, which is why I checked for a House Swann, because as Dayne has mentioned, it's a Swan's Lake video, so a possible clue to House Swann. I don't see 1) how I could think from 1 post that someone made a Swann's defense. Sorry, I'm obviously not as good as you :( 2) If I wanted to hint to a Swann's defense, it was absolutely irrelevant to look for a real House Swann.

So Vance, did you do that search specifically for the game? Cause I still fail to see any link, unless you count what Dayne mentioned.

Tollett: OK, I see where you come from.

Ok, one more thing that's not setting well with me. Inchfield is the first to agree with me about the Lannister case. I disliked him jumping in so quick (perhaps an FM not wanting to be seen defending his partner - in this case Lannister). I was going to sit on it to see where he went with it, but then he jumped at nearly the first chance to vote for someone else. He voted for Clegane for saying Vance's post was weird. It's strange to me because both Clegane and Inch seemed to agree with me that that post was suspicious, but then Inch turns on Clegane because of his wording.

Still means that Lannister's my best vote. Just wanted to point out how strange it seems.

Okay, I have To Admit That Is Mightily Strange Behaviour... And Far Less Of A Stretch Than The Idea Of Symp Clues In 2010.

Inchfield, what did you find so convincing about Dayne's post?

ETA: Obviously a bit of a crosspost. Also to fix up quotes .

Nothing actually. I wanted a reason to vote.

Cool. Mind if I tag along then?

eta: response to Inch

Absolutely. Everyone is allowed to join in the lynch of Clegane.

Try "Royal Variety Swan Lake". That's How I Found It (But Not What I Was Looking For).

I swear to god, this is the most annoying way to post period. This is an alted game where we haven't played in ages. There is absolutely no reason to try to hide who you are. And if for some reason, you're not trying to hide who you are, then you're just really really annoying.

So? Is there something wrong with voting early in the game to stir it up a little?

Nothing actually. I wanted a reason to vote.

So? Is there something wrong with voting early in the game to stir it up a little?

Nothing. But you have to stick with a vote long enough to actually do some stirring, and you really need to add a little more than, "what he said". Especially since it seems that you didn't believe there was any real merit to what Dayne did say.

Bleh, if it's annoying enough that it takes a vote off of an actual suspect of yours, with two independent (even if one is dumb) clues against them, on day one.. Well, I guess it is annoying enough to stop doing it. Inch is right (but don't tell him I said that or he'll take a mile), this is an alted game after a long time off.

And to think, my next plan was to italicise every other letter! :ack:

Inchfield, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's all in how you do it. Yours doesn't sit right with me. There's such a thing as too free and easy.

Anyway, back to Lannister as I only voted Vance to show my displeasure with his rainbow, title case posts.

eta: It worked!! :cheers:

Nothing. But you have to stick with a vote long enough to actually do some stirring, and you really need to add a little more than, "what he said". Especially since it seems that you didn't believe there was any real merit to what Dayne did say.

Not really. There are other ways of stirring up trouble than just leaving a vote on someone. But thanks for the advice. I will consider it as I leave my vote on Clegane for being evil.

Bleh, if it's annoying enough that it takes a vote off of an actual suspect of yours, with two independent (even if one is dumb) clues against them, on day one.. Well, I guess it is annoying enough to stop doing it. Inch is right (but don't tell him I said that or he'll take a mile), this is an alted game after a long time off.

And to think, my next plan was to italicise every other letter! :ack:

I feel good, nananananah. Thanks.

Archived