Mafia Game 73 (Mk. II)

House Targaryen

Targ: Inchfield removed his vote for night already.

So he did...

It is day 5.

4 players remain: Inchfield, Lannister, Mallister, Tollett.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or 2 to go to night.

2 votes for Mallister ( Tollett, Lannister)

1 vote for Inchfield ( Mallister)

1 players have not voted: Inchfield.

I'm posting from my home computer, actually.

Yes, I'm spending my day off from work (just like I did my vacation last week) in front of a computer, playing Mafia. Instead of going outside. Or looking for a better job. :/

I'm really slow, so I can't promise a masterwork of genius. It seems as though other people have already said it all on Tollett (e.g., the overall pattern of behaviour of his actions is under-the-radar and low-key, but much of what he says rings true and sounds as though he's putting thought into who the killers are). Ideally, I'd like to do a really in-depth look at Mallister.

We are addicts. Yay iPhones!

It's a good thing Tollett isn't online to see this.

By the way, just had a hilarious thought.

I don't think there's a symp in this game. But if there was, and Mallister is evil, then the only possible Mallister-Vance symp was...Kettleblack. :lol:

Wait, before you hammer Mallister, can I just finish my reread?

I noticed that his terrible D1 Dayne vote removed protection from Vance (although I don't know how much thought Mallister put into it)...but I haven't read ahead to see what he did later.

Ideally, I'd like him to get back to the thread and make one last-ditch attempt at saving himself (and explaining why we should lynch Tollett instead).

For the record, if Mallister is evil, fantastic job, Inchfield. Clegane was also on to him, but you bear the singlehanded credit for turning attention his way.

Dammit, Mallister.

Mallister, if you're innocent, then you're being disgustingly selfish right now.

You just thought Tollett was your top suspect, so you voted for him because you wanted the game to end. Now you're sure Inchfield is evil, because he wanted to go to night. But you're not doing anything to push his lynch.

Have you reread the thread once all game? Made a single case? I don't think so.

Congratulations. You are now the player most likely to be lynched today even though you were the tie-breaking vote on an FM, and needlessly claimed a role on D3 that would almost certainly appear in the game (mentat loves vigs) when you'd have been the last FM alive and seven players around who might counterclaim you. And the player who announced you were clear died that night. And it's only because you're coasting so obviously. (Well, that, and the alternatives look so innocent.)

Step it up. Right this second. Or get lynched and bear the brunt of this loss for the innocents.

I don't care. yes, I read the thread, several times, and I did make several cases. sorry if you don't like my play. I don't like yours either.

lynch me even though you think I am innocent...it is what you (and I) have done repeatedly. why should we stop now?

Wait, before you hammer Mallister, can I just finish my reread?

I noticed that his terrible D1 Dayne vote removed protection from Vance (although I don't know how much thought Mallister put into it)...but I haven't read ahead to see what he did later.

Ideally, I'd like him to get back to the thread and make one last-ditch attempt at saving himself (and explaining why we should lynch Tollett instead).

For the record, if Mallister is evil, fantastic job, Inchfield. Clegane was also on to him, but you bear the singlehanded credit for turning attention his way.

And if he's innocent, I single handedly lost the game :)

Read away. I'll be around for a little bit more but ideally would like to end this one way or another within the next few hours so that I can read the spoilers afterwards to see all the crap they've said about me, especially Dayne and Kettleblack :)

...Okay.

Mallister, so, um, Inchfield is CI (because he hasn't hammered you). Did you notice that? Any thoughts on that?

Any thoughts on anything?

You know, unless you're going to come out and fake paranoia of me, right now you should be trying to get Tollett lynched. Because if you're innocent, that means Tollett is 100% confirmed scum from your POV.

After that response, I'm tempted to screw my analysis and tell Inchfield to go ahead and hammer.

I almost feel like that I am ready to give Tollett the win if he is guilty. He played well and I couldn't get him lynched no matter how hard I tried.

What do you think Lanny?

Lanny the lil' Lannister can easily be confused with Lany Cassandra the player, so I advise against the use of this specific diminutive.

There is something I don't get.

Why is it any harder to go to night immediately and then lynch Tollett (while also giving Tollett reasons to doubt Mallister tomorrow and making my kill look less obviously tied to you by giving Mallister a motive for it) than it is to lynch Tollett today and work really really hard to get me to change my mind?

You weren't forcing people to question their prejudices by voting night. On the contrary, I do think Mallister has a point that going to night (which makes you look like a responsible innocent concerned with correct play) would be logical for an evil in your position. Because even though I might have caved eventually, convincing one person to make the wrong decision takes less work than convincing two. And again, it looks like what a responsible innocent would do.

This way, you're still making it easy to lynch Tollett the next day.

Also, judging from this post, I think that Clegane might have voted for you over Tollett today had he been alive:(I left in the last paragraph to be more objective.)

So I do think it would be reasonable for you as evil to push Mallister as an option, and use the Clegane kill as a last-ditch effort to sow paranoia. Killing me might have been too obvious after Royce lampshaded the choice.

really, did I actually point out how this helped only the evil or did I just imagine that in one of my useless fantasies?

Yeah, Inchfield. We all know you've alt-guessed me ages ago (hence all the "shes"), but there's no point in being so blatant about it.

*cough*

(Note to Targ: that was a joke. Please don't modkill me! What next, calling someone House Piper will be against the rules?)

...Okay.

Mallister, so, um, Inchfield is CI (because he hasn't hammered you). Did you notice that? Any thoughts on that?

Any thoughts on anything?

You know, unless you're going to come out and fake paranoia of me, right now you should be trying to get Tollett lynched. Because if you're innocent, that means Tollett is 100% confirmed scum from your POV.

After that response, I'm tempted to screw my analysis and tell Inchfield to go ahead and hammer.

my thoughts are not fit for public. I have no idea what has crawled your butt today, but you might want to take a few deep breaths.

that in no way whatsoever proved inchfield is CONFIRMED INNOCENT. it means he knows how to play the game and how to play you.

Sorry Mentat, I hate to do this but that post just ruined the game for me. I can't finish this game fairly. You might as well just end this.

I'm sorry... I was about to ask if anybody saw that.

I meant to PM Lany and posted in the thread instead out of frustration. The game ends in a draw. I'll spoil you all.

...Um, okay.

Mallister, if Inchfield was evil, he would've won the game by hammering you today. Hence, he isn't evil.

You know how Tollett mused before that people kept looking innocent the moment we got a lynch mob on them?

Well, it looks like the trend has finally been broken.

Screw the analysis.

I just want to send in my last alt-guesses in to Targ, because I wasn't sure on Karstark, and I want to see if I can get 13/13 (including Conningtons 1 and 2).

Then hammer, Inchfield.

Archived