Mafia Game 73 (Mk. II)

House Targaryen

It also benefits Mallister as Clegane was the only one who suspected him.

I'd actually forgotten about Clegane's frustration with Mallister. I have a sinking feeling I'm going to need to reread Mall. I was really hoping I'd don't all my reads yesterday.

I'd actually forgotten about Clegane's frustration with Mallister. I have a sinking feeling I'm going to need to reread Mall. I was really hoping I'd don't all my reads yesterday.

As did I.

I'll give him a reread as well. I just wish he went to night and died so that we wouldn't have this situation. But he came out pushing for you too fast and his refusal didn't ring right with me.

Pfft, this sucks. At the moment I feel as if you two are trying to one up each other in an effort to look guilty.

Do you think both Mallister and Inchfield look guilty, innocent, or in-between?

What are your impressions of how they reacted to the lynch at the end of the day?

I don't think there's much advantage in going to night. I fully expect Lannister to be killed and then we have the same suspects and one less innocent voice.

I'm here at the moment, but I'm going to be distracted, so I'll be in and out.

By the way, wouldn't it be hilarious if I was the last killer?

:devil:

:leaving:

Just kidding.

Oh come off it. Do you honestly believe that if I was evil, I would have gotten you to go to night like that when you were already voting Tollett? :lol:

You take me for a bigger idiot than Royce did.

As opposed to how you tried to get him to go to night now? Did you think it was any more likely to succeed? How would you have behaved differently if you were evil?

Refresh my memory. What comments of Royce's are you referring to?

As opposed to how you tried to get him to go to night now? Did you think it was any more likely to succeed? How would you have behaved differently if you were evil?

Refresh my memory. What comments of Royce's are you referring to?

Huh?

Royce said that I had the worst game ever as an innocent. He might have called me stupid too at one point but not sure if I'm remembering that correctly or was infering that from his comments.

I think the last thing I said about night was that it was pointless to do now that I've made a big deal out of it because whoever the FM is would just leave Mallister alive.

However, if he was innocent, I would suspect him to go to night rather quickly given it was an even day and that he wouldn't really care if he was left alive tomorrow or dead because he was innocent.

Two things would have been done if I was evil.

1. I would have killed you. That leaves Clegane and Mallister alive for me to use against Tollett.

2. If for some reason, I did kill Clegane, I would have followed Mallister's vote with my own and a whole lot of reasoning on why it must be Tollett. That would have been 2 votes on Tollett to zero on me and it would have forced you to make a decision. Either you would have to go with Mallister and I or you would have to stand up against us and force Mallister to switch. To be honest, given your propensity to flip flop, that's a chance I would take.

I would not, however, make a big deal of trying to get to night right away so that I can kill you (when I could have done it the previous night) so that Mallister/me would kill Tollett right away. It's not the easiest way nor the most logical. And I don't like to hedge my bets that I can convince people using WIFOM techniques when the most obvious generally works with a whole lot less work.

I tend to play to people's prejudices, not try to force them to question them. That's manipulation 101.

Do you think both Mallister and Inchfield look guilty, innocent, or in-between?

I think they're both acting guilty today. Basically both their arguments are correct. An evil Inch would want to go to night to kill you. Mallister has been more supportive of Inch than me and so the odds are that if it ended up Mallister/Inchfield/Tollett on the final day I'd be the one to go. An evil Mallister probably would want to avoid night though his motivation isn't so strong. He's already survived two NKs, surviving a third one isn't going to make him look any more or less guilty. His immediate vote on me right out of the gate looks bad though.

I've been rereading Mallister and have a few question I'll put in another post.

What are your impressions of how they reacted to the lynch at the end of the day?

You mean after the CF was revealed. I buy that Inch really wants the game to end now. That seems genuine to me. This part:

Well done evils. I'm lynched tomorrow. Whoever you are, you played well.

is and invitation to WIFOM. It's in character (I've noticed Inch making dire predictions as if they were already fact before), but it rings false.

Mallister doesn't appear to have any thoughts on the CF result at all seeming more bothered with making it plain that he's in communication with Targ over his vig.

Targ is not giving me a do over. I never got to Vig anyone. It's just not fair. :tantrum:

Since his role is his enire alibi at this point it does look like he's reminding us all just why he was PI. Over all, just based on reaction to CF, Mallister looks worse.

By the way, wouldn't it be hilarious if I was the last killer?

:devil:

:leaving:

Just kidding.

Oh it would be a hoot alright.

So, I've reread Mall, and just a few questions.

1. When did you realise that the voting rules were different this game?

While Clegane was questioning you over you're concern that the day two lynch would flip on you you said:

I explained myself last night and really didn't feel the need to do it again this morning. Having missed most of the first day, I did not see how the end of day worked. I had skimmed the rules. A bad habit of mine. I saw they would be the basic rules except, and then I looked at the time limits. Shame on me. But really, since my actions resulted in the kill of a FM, why did you keep harping on them? I still don't understand. You are upset becasue I killed the FM? What?

However your explanation during night two was this:

36 hour days are too fucking long as it is. I did not want this to go on for ever and ever. What is the point of a deadline if you can do this? I really don't get the new voting rule.

and this:

I am angry because you made a choice to force others to choose.

I am angry about the rules and the non existing deadline.

I am angry for not sticking to my guns.

I feel I was forced, and once I switched I was attacked for that too.

There seems to be a contradiction here since the night before you were specifically saying that the voting rules had angered you, but the next day you were saying you were unaware of the voting rules at the time.

2. Why did you believe Royce had guessed your role?

And now I'm off to bed. I have to admit that at the moment I'm leaning Mallister. The only thing that speaks against him being an FM is his claim, and it isn't the wildest false claim we've ever seen. For good or ill Inch's bloody WIFOM explanations of what he would do if he were evil are getting to me. They ring true, God help me.

I'll leave my vote on Mallister and check back in when I can. I don't promise to have much time until tomorrow evening, however.

It is day 5.

4 players remain: Inchfield, Lannister, Mallister, Tollett.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or 2 to go to night.

1 vote for Inchfield ( Mallister)

1 vote for Mallister ( Tollett)

1 vote for Night ( Inchfield)

1 players have not voted: Lannister.

I updated the end of day timer, by the by. You have diddled quite a lot today. 21 hours down and 15 to go, aprox.

Tollett, you know what my problem is with you?

You are too calm.

We are fucked right now. We are up shit creek without a paddle.

I don't see the cracks in your sanity. :P

That doesn't necessarily bother me to be honest. Some people don't react like we do.

That being said, I like the fact that he voted Mallister. If he wanted to win, it would have been easy to vote me. He has set it up all game and really, you probably would follow suit eventually.

So I'm in a terrifying position right now.

If I vote Mallister this second, you will either become CI, or we will lose the game.

You know, I had a dream last night. Inexplicably, I voted Tollett before going to bed. And then the next morning, Mallister also voted Tollett, and you speedhammered instantly. And then you killed Mallister that night, and we lost the game.

Not sure why I'm mentioning this now. Just making conversation.

Inchfield, a part of me is tempted to lynch you today just so that Kettleblack and Dayne don't strangle me in Spoiler Heaven if you end up evil. :P Seriously, if you knew you were screwed because Tollett and I suspected you (and Clegane was starting to trust Tollett), thought a Lannister kill would make you look blatantly guilty after Royce's suggestion, and then decided to kill Clegane in order to fan paranoia about the vig...we will never hear the end of this. (Particularly since it's a plan that caters perfectly to my own brand of madness.)

I need to reread Mallister. You thought he looked genuine before as well, right? What changed your mind?

I agree with what Tollett brought up about his reaction to the lynch scene.

I actually wouldn't read THAT much into his unwillingness to go to night, since I was expecting to be targeted last night. I'm more baffled by why Clegane was chosen over me than why Mallister didn't die.

That said, this quote, in response to whom the NK might be, bugs me:

Or Clegane.

Since I have developed a slight attitude about the game, you'll most likely be stuck with me.

Mallister, why have you developed an attitude about this game?

Tollett.

Can we make this a quick day? I have a book waiting for me to finish this.

Mallister, was your intention actually to speedlynch Tollett, or was it a trap from the very beginning?

Why did you want a quick day?

What kind of reactions were you trying to provoke with that vote?

Inchfield, a part of me is tempted to lynch you today just so that Kettleblack and Dayne don't strangle me in Spoiler Heaven if you end up evil. :P Seriously, if you knew you were screwed because Tollett and I suspected you (and Clegane was starting to trust Tollett), thought a Lannister kill would make you look blatantly guilty after Royce's suggestion, and then decided to kill Clegane in order to fan paranoia about the vig...we will never hear the end of this. (Particularly since it's a plan that caters perfectly to my own brand of madness.)

I need to reread Mallister. You thought he looked genuine before as well, right? What changed your mind?

Yes, but if you lynch me and you're wrong then Kettleblack and Dayne will strangle you anyway :) You're in a no win situation. However, I am innocent so you have nothing to worry about.

I understand that you can see this plan catering to your warped, paranoid mind but it's unpredictable. I don't really have that much control over the result because I don't know how people would react, most of all you. If I went with my plan that I said I would do as an evil, I'd have complete control over the result as I could predict people's behavior.

As for Mallister, I believed his claim because there was no reason not to. I was planning on pushing him as a CI during night in order to get him killed. That's why I wrote that post about him which I ended up having to edit because night ended so fast.

When he was still alive and Clegane was dead, I started to worry. So my plan was then to get him to go to night and push him as a CI so that he would be killed. That way, I would know for a fact that Tollett was guilty. We have ignored him all game and he has yet to prove his role so when he's still alive over people like Clegane, I really started to get worried. That and Tollett was giving me a decent vibe and I was starting to believe he was innocent. I really thought the game would end with Royce.

He refused to go to night and this is where we are.

Frustration is not suspicion

You tried to prove yourself twice?

You sent in another vig kill last night, but you were guarded again? Out of curiosity, who did you try to kill this time?

That's a joke. since I didn't get to Vig anyone on night 3, I sent in another kill on Tollet on night 4. Targ said "nice try"

1)Mallister, why have you developed an attitude about this game?

2)Mallister, was your intention actually to speedlynch Tollett, or was it a trap from the very beginning?

3)Why did you want a quick day?

4)What kind of reactions were you trying to provoke with that vote?

1)I have an attitude because all night actions happen at the same time; because I have been partnered with a guard/killer and he had to choose which action to do; because it is not possible to do two things at one time.

2and 3 have the same answer: I just want the game over with. He was my top suspect at the time, so yeahm I would have been ok with a speed lynch Now I am glad we didn't since Inchfield pushed for night.

4) none. see 3 above.

1)I have an attitude because all night actions happen at the same time; because I have been partnered with a guard/killer and he had to choose which action to do; because it is not possible to do two things at one time.

...Mallister, is this a confession?

Archived