Westeros Blog: Halligan?s Advice to Actors

Westeros

Actor Derek Halligan, cast in the role of the Night’s Watch master-at-arms Ser Alliser Thorne, has a long career behind him. At the Creative Choices website, he shares some of his experiences and advice to his fellow actors. It’s noted that while he has many television and film credits to his name, he still prefers theatre.

Visit the Site!

The interview of Derek Halligan talking about acting as a career is a great post. Thank you for sharing it.

I think it's wonderful that there are a number of actors with significant stage experience or training in The Game of Thrones. Mark Addy and Sean Bean both attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, just for starters.

I spent a bit of time with people who participated in or acted in live theater during my college years. It seems that everyone had a theory about how you could land a role or get hired for a show. The folks who had self-confidence and ability to take it all in stride seemed to fair best. I think that it must be difficult to maintain your confidence in any line of work in which you are constantly interviewing for new jobs. Acting is one such profession, along with other areas of the creative and performing arts. Visual artists have the same constant battle for new work.

Archived