Westeros Blog: Game of Thrones Set for Spring 2011

Westeros

It’s been the date bandied about since the pilot shoot, but the reshoots have made it seem possible—and HBO has certainly indicated—that the premiere would slip to late Spring or even early Summer. Now, HBO has vanquished that possibility at the TCA Summer Press Tour, stating that the show is definitely set for Spring 2011. Via Matt Roush of TV Guide.com, one of the executives stated that early March was a possibility (March 3rd is stated elsehere), but the official line is that all they’ll commit to right now is Spring 2011. Roush and James Hibbard of the Live Feed provide more details, such as the belief at HBO that the series can make the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and be a widely known hit, and that there’s enormous pressure on the writers to match the expectations of the fans in the “blogosphere”.

In other news, it sounds like no new footage was shown from Game of Thrones at the press panel, although “a wisp” was shown. This was probably the teaser that we’ve all seen before (confirmed by HitFix).

Visit the Site!

Wait, is that us? :stunned:

Yes, and we aren't a bunch of middle school tweenies, or basement living nerds, waiting for the next Twilight or Transformers. We are educated, intelligent, hard working adults who understand good creative storylines, notice the difference between average talent and quality acting, and appreciate the quality and artistry of production design, score, costumes, makeup, art, cinematography, editing, direction, etc. and my apologies to any other department I have failed to mention.

HBO seems to gear their programming for our demographic, and for that I thank them.

Yes, and we aren't a bunch of middle school tweenies, or basement living nerds, waiting for the next Twilight or Transformers. We are educated, intelligent, hard working adults who understand good creative storylines, notice the difference between average talent and quality acting, and appreciate the quality and artistry of production design, score, costumes, makeup, art, cinematography, editing, direction, etc. and my apologies to any other department I have failed to mention.

HBO seems to gear their programming for our demographic, and for that I thank them.

Warm fuzzies!

Archived