Westeros Blog: New Clues from GRRM

Westeros

Another set of clues for two characters at “Not a Blog”:

The bloody bowman knows what it’s like to be dead. He’s met his waterloo and been a casualty, and seen his share of apparitions too. The horny-headed hammerhand is older than you might have thought, but too young to need a pacemaker, though he might have ridden on the ferry with Gerry. Another friend of our kraken’s sister, he knows the doctor and the wizard too. Damned if he doesn’t play what he calls football (not the real kind).

Visit the Site!

Some of the photos I've found, he's pretty fit and doesn't seem scrawny to me, but YMMV. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him to some weight training to build up muscle a bit to sell the apprentice blacksmith thing.

Some of the photos I've found, he's pretty fit and doesn't seem scrawny to me, but YMMV. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him to some weight training to build up muscle a bit to sell the apprentice blacksmith thing.

Robert was strong, tall, charming and very imposing. If Mark is ok for Robert, Joe is ok for Gendry but are the worst casts of the show IMO.

I think that Joe Dempsie can pull off Gendry - its not a major part, and definately a part that can be reduced in the second season if they don't think that he is working out. Despite being slim he does have a stocky build - wide shoulders, not particularly tall - so I think looks wise he could.

I do wonder if Dempsie has that stubborness that defines the character though. We shall see.

And I like Elyes playing Jhogo - thats definately a good call. I loved him as Guppy in Casualty and should be able to bring some spirit to Jhogo. I wonder if they are going to pair him up with one of the handmaids?

Archived