ASOIAF Weight Loss Challenge II

Seventh Pup

So the Challenge reaches it's next thread.

The Challenge is very simple. It officially started on August 9th, and ends on November 9th. To participate in the challenge all you need to do is post a goal. It can be any kind of goal, do you want to drop a certain amount of weight, fit in to a pair of jeans, etc. Then you have to post one tweak to your life style you think will lead you to your goal. Every week you need to add at least one more change. This is your "Tweak of the Week". You can do more then your tweak to lose weight. However what ever you choose as your tweak of the week is something you are committing to for the length of the Challenge, so until November 9th. Every week you also need to post at least one update on how you are doing.

Tweaks can be as big or as small as you want them to be. For instance you can choose to go running six days a week, or you can choose to commit to drinking more water, or eating breakfast, or taking the stairs. You are in charge of your own challenge, and how intense you want to make it. However the Tweaks should be specific enough to carry weight such as instead of saying "I will walk more" say "I will walk 30 minutes more a day". Have clearly defined changes is important. By the end of the Challenge you should have 12 changes you've made to your lifestyle.

Change is hard, and this is supposed to be challenge.

However if you try a tweak that just doesn't work, that is okay. Just make a post explaining why it didn't work, and what an alternate change you can do is. If you make a change and you feel a bit overwhelmed by it, and feel you could not make anymore changes the next week that is also okay. Every Challenger gets 2 Catch Up Weeks, you don't need to use the catch up weeks, but you have them if you need them. You just need to post in your update that you are using your catch up week, and explain why you feel you need your catch up week.

Again change is hard. This is supposed to place to draw support, ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Be kind to your fellow Challengers.

Also again, anyone can join at anytime, so just because the Challenge has already doesn't mean you can't join. Good luck all.

The Challengers are...

1. Me
  2. Raidne
  3. Nicole
  4. Tobin
  5. Smegma
  6. Datepalm
  7. Lady Narcissa
  8. Triskele
  9. Erik Hazelfield
  10. Quiet Colors
  11. JungianQueen
  12. Brady
  13. Eloisa
  14. FezRock
  15. Blaine23
  16. Angalin
  17. Phoenix
  18. Mashiara
  19. Prue’s
  20. Bigfatcoward
  21. Tyria
  22. Capoeirista13
  23. Mudguard
  24. Kymeera’s
  25. BlueRose
  26. LockeSnow
  27. Pebble That Hides
  28. Callum
  29. S'vrone
  30. Eyelesbarrow
  31. Stego

Same with you FezRock was you second tweak giving up sugary drink?

Yeah I guess so. I actually started doing that at the same time as my working out, but seems big enough that I'll use it as my week two tweek. Now the big question is figuring out what I'll do for week 3...

I had snack failure yesterday afternoon. I was good and brought a peach and and apple and I ate those...but then also snacked on pretzles and had 4 Hershey's chocolates from the free snack bowls :(

So now I'm going to pilates.

At some point in the last six months I've lost an inch from both my hips and waist. I'm now at 31 inch waist, 38 inch hips. Let's see what happens as the challenge progresses...

LN, the occasional pretzel isn't going to kill you, and neither is the occasional chocolate. Don't overdo it, but don't be too hard on yourself either.

Guest Raidne

For my week three tweak, I'm adding a piece of fruit to my breakfast routine. On week one, I decided to eat a yogurt for breakfast for at least 4 of my workweek breakfasts instead of a bagel, but I'm always starving by lunch. This leads to bad decisions at lunch that are, no doubt, only being countered by my success with my week two tweak: no beer.

I'm down 2 lbs. I have done very, very badly post-vacation as I let myself eat pretty much whatever I wanted a laid in bed all day with the cold I could not get over last week.

I didn't manage to lose weight last week because I was weak and had icecream and coffee sometimes in the afternoon. *hangs head in shame* I did go walking a few times, but not as often as I wanted to. Today, I was extremely cautious though and even remembered to drink more water. So maybe I will have lost a kg by next week.

I didn't manage to lose weight last week because I was weak and had icecream and coffee sometimes in the afternoon. *hangs head in shame* I did go walking a few times, but not as often as I wanted to. Today, I was extremely cautious though and even remembered to drink more water. So maybe I will have lost a kg by next week.

Prue you started out with a very ambitious tweak, have you thought of perhaps tweaking your tweak to allow for some healthy snacks? Having a bag of baby carrots, a rice cake, or an apple, and some tea with skim milk might help to shout down the temptations of unhealthy snacks. :)

So, I just did my weekly weigh-in and I lost 4lbs this week!!! Ok, most of that might be water from the epic hike I did with hubby yesterday, but I don't care. It feels great!

We did about 5 miles round trip in a little over 4 hours yesterday. It was only about 700 feet of gain, but at 8000 feet, you feel that. Plus neither one of us has done real hiking (as opposed to flat ground walking) in about 5 years. I'm pleased to report that my knees didn't bother me at all, my back is only slightly sore and my surgically repaired right ankle didn't complain a peep!

I feel like I am really getting somewhere here! And I couldn't be doing that with the support of everyone here. Everyone keep up your excellent work and you are awesome!

My tweak for week 3 is this: Just because it is on your plate, doesn't mean you have to finish it! At home, I try to practice portion control, but I still sometimes take too much. And when I eat out (often for lunch at work), obviously they serve what they serve. So, portion control/stopping when I'm full! Let's see what that accomplishes!

I'm so impressed with everyone here! :grouphug:

Just got back from running. I feel like I am going to throw up for real. But proud of myself. Next week tweak is drinking 3 glasses of water a day, and taking a multivitamen. But tonight, will focus on not throwing up. :D

Deep breaths, Seventh Pup. Deep breaths! Congrats on getting through your run!

I find it interesting that so many people need to drink more water. I think I have the opposite problem in that I probably drink too much water every day.

So yesterday I did pilates and stairs. Then I went out to dinner and probably ate too much and had two scoops of ice cream instead of one. Today I went on a five mile walk and ate better.

Having a bag of baby carrots, a rice cake, or an apple, and some tea with skim milk might help to shout down the temptations of unhealthy snacks.

I wish! I've tried that so many times and it does not work. If I want chocolate or ice cream, I can not be satisfied or distracted by carrots or an apple or anything. I'll eat 12 healthy things trying to avoid eating chocolate...so in the end eating way more than if I had just given in and had a piece of chocolate to begin with.

Still trying to think of what my tweak will be for next week.

tomorrow is my birthday, this whole weekend has not been good as I've been stuffed full of dad's bbq, highly healthy homemade icecream (ingredients: 3 cups cream, 2 cups half/half, 1 cup whole milk, 2 cups sugar, 4 tsp vanilla, 8 egg yolks) and mom's mega breakfasts. I think I ate more calories in the past two days than I did in the previous week.

on the other hand I discovered wii fit this weekend as my sister got a wii for her birthday a few weeks ago and had already got wii fit. ski jump ftw, 166 yds, I'm hooked. I'm getting wii fit for my birthday tomorrow so my tweak this week will be wii fit related. I figure I can trade thirty minutes of internet for thirty minutes of wii fit a day. :-p my wii fit goal is twenty lbs by halloween. And in other news, I hope to continue the workouts pace I've been on for the last two weeks.

Ugh, I don't know how but apparently I fucked up this week. I was down two pounds this week after doing nothing differently. That's a load of horse shit in my opinion. I guess I need to eat even more or something.

Ugh, I don't know how but apparently I fucked up this week. I was down two pounds this week after doing nothing differently. That's a load of horse shit in my opinion. I guess I need to eat even more or something.

Or eat different things in different ways. Have you spoken to a sports dietician?

I'm a lurker, but I'm going to emerge from my observational nook to jump right on this bandwagon.

I'd like to lose 10 pounds this fall. I'm not overweight per se, but as my frame and desired lifestyle go, I'm big. Throughout my life up to second year of college I was about 10 or 15 pounds lighter (don't use scale, I go by feel usually), and I felt a lot better. Now I'm having difficulty sustaining a good run or working out to my full ability. My energy levels are way down because I'm eating so much crap. I don't feel healthy.

I'm a huge social eater, so that's my main problem right there. I've been making dinner at my friends' house lately, and they always make huge, delicious desserts, and I feel almost judgmental (they're overweight, but active) not joining in because they both know I have a huge sweet tooth. I tend to eat too quickly and thus overeat too since like 98% of the population eats faster than I do.

Huh. Writing that down actually clarified a big part of my problem that I otherwise wouldn't have been clear about. Well anyways, the game plan is to cut out sweets and other processed simple carbs entirely, slow down eating, and up my workout routine. I missed registration for this big marathon I wanted to do SOO badly, but I'm just going to train for it as if I were running it anyways. I also occasionally do insanity at my friends' house, prior to huge dinners with dessert.

Terrible, terrible weekend. friday night i was out all night 1800-0300, probably had 12 pints and a curry. saturday i was out drinking all day, finished with a big dinner and then snacks when i got home. sunday was out all day watching the football from 1300, this also involved drinking all day. all in all i probably did 15000 calories in 3 days. so this weeks tweak is no booze at all, and 5 days in the gym for no less than 90 mins each time.

I apparently did something to my right hip in the gym on Friday - it started playing up on Saturday, was bad all through Sunday and is now slightly less bad. (That joint's just always been a little weak, like everything else about my right leg.) Waiting to see what happens in the gym tonight.

Seventh, when are we supposed to post our third week tweaks? I'm still chuffed about being the queen of China and don't want to stop...

Archived