ASOIAF Weight Loss Challenge II

Seventh Pup

I was slacking the past 1 1/2 weeks - I blame unpredictable work sched and the fact that people kept feeding me - but I promise to make it up. This week has 3 tweaks:

1. I've started to allocate some time in the evening to make my lunch for the next day.

2. Get a filling breakfast. Because I've noticed that I don't get that hungry during the day when I eat well in the morning.

3. Increase the barre days to at least 3 per week. Though, really I want to make it a daily thing. Hopefully, next week, it will be four days/week.

I actually took mayo out of my tuna fish and switched it with fat free zesty itallian salad dressing - it isn't as creamy or sweet, but it has a kick and is still really moist.

I'm sure there are other things in the tuna that aren't so good, but mayo being the big chunk of bad that I could cut out doesn't hurt.

I went costume shopping last night and was surprised that the ones I was trying on were too big - while this is great for my self-esteem, it also probably means that I'm an in-between size and won't find anything that fits at all.

I really need a jacket but I'm trying to hold out as long as I can to see how much weight I can lose before I have to purchase. Same with an evening gown for my bf's sister's wedding at the end of Oct. I have a feeling I'm going to be in between sizes too, at least for the coat.

Really hungry today. Right now I should be winding down, this is usually not a hungry time of morning for me. But I would kill a stranger for a doughnut right now. I stopped by the store to get some vegetables, and ended up buying some sushi (yes super market sushi don't judge me!) And so added 300 calories to an already over day. But at least it was sushi and not a doughnut, while the doughnut might actually have had less calories they would have all been empty, at least with sushi I got some value for my calories. I still want chocolate though. :(

I think eating so bad over the weekend started my body craving that kind of thing again. It’s amazing how easy it is to start downhill.

You know I am sick when the thought of a doughnut is just...bleh. Anyway cold is blown right now. Solid food is totally unappetizing so I'm floating in a sea of liquid consumption. I didn't even try to exercise last night - I'm sure I burned off a few calories every time I tried to hack up my lungs.

You know I am sick when the thought of a doughnut is just...bleh. Anyway cold is blown right now. Solid food is totally unappetizing so I'm floating in a sea of liquid consumption. I didn't even try to exercise last night - I'm sure I burned off a few calories every time I tried to hack up my lungs.

Sorry you are feeling lousy, lady narcissa. That's just, not fun.

Sadly, the calorie count site does not have a caloric burn for coughing. I'm kind of surprised, given that they have sitting on the toilet. :dunno:

Get well soon.

ETA: My own weekly update. Mezzo-mezzo week. I did great with recording all my food and exercise at Calorie Count. It's been very helpful. Most days I've blown my goal, but at least I know it. Right?

Weight stayed the same for the 3rd week in a row. This plateau is really frustrating. I'm trying to focus on the fact that my clothes are still getting looser, so therefore I must be converting fat to muscle. But when I look at those stagnating numbers, I just get depressed.

I have to do better with working out. I have to stop making excuses about not having the time. The fact that I can't work out 3-4 times a week consistently is just pathetic and unacceptable.

Tweak for this week: water, water, water. I've started tracking this on Calorie Count, and as much water as I think I drink, it's not consistent. My goal is to even that out.

Keep up the good work everyone. Your successes are very motivating! I'm so impressed with all of you posting about fitting in smaller sizes and getting compliments.

Feel better soon! Don't even try to exercise (or diet) when you're truly sick--your body needs all that energy to get well!

Get well soon, LN. Hot water with lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey in it?

I'm having lemon tea right now. There is ice tea with honey coming up later. I try to alternate hot and cold.

Sadly, the calorie count site does not have a caloric burn for coughing. I'm kind of surprised, given that they have sitting on the toilet. :dunno:

ROTF!!!!!! I didn't even think to look! But I must be burning ten million calories with all the peeing I'm doing. I mean 12 oz of liquid consumed every 30 minutes = peeing every 45 minutes.

Ummm sorry that was probably TMI. I blame it on the cold medicine...

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. I'm totally doing my best Lindsay Lohan impression today. My nose is flaming red from all the sniffing and I sound like I smoke 6 packs a day.

Dove Chocolate -220 (yes I am about to start a personal time of the month DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT)

:lol: I know how it is. Going through that myself.

Food for 9/28

Breakfast:

Whole wheat toast

peanut butter

6 oz yogurt

3 cups coffee and creamer

Snack:

mango

Lunch:

Salad with chicken and 1 oz of cheese

Snack:

two squares chocolate (this is absolutely necessary)

Dinner:

one glass of wine (this was necessary as well)

trout cooked on cedar plank

roasted butternut squash

brocolli

That sounds amazing. That you had that in the middle of the week makes me even more jealous. :drool:

It's not hard at all. I soak the cedar plank for an hour. During that time I just roasted chopped butternut squash in the oven. The hardest part is cutting and pealing the damn thing. After the wood has soaked I put the trout on it and put that under the broiler for about a half hour. You could use a grill, but I'm out of propane for mine. Then cook the broccoli how ever you want it. All in all, I probably spent more time watching Chopped then actually cooking.

And I just have to mention on Chopped last night the contestants had to make a dessert out of blueberries, saffron, bread and butter pickles and fruit loops. :lol:

It's not hard at all. I soak the cedar plank for an hour. During that time I just roasted chopped butternut squash in the oven. The hardest part is cutting and pealing the damn thing. After the wood has soaked I put the trout on it and put that under the broiler for about a half hour. You could use a grill, but I'm out of propane for mine. Then cook the broccoli how ever you want it. All in all, I probably spent more time watching Chopped then actually cooking.

And I just have to mention on Chopped last night the contestants had to make a dessert out of blueberries, saffron, bread and butter pickles and fruit loops. :lol:

This still sounds amazing and delicious. I have trouble getting up the motivation to cook at all most nights.

Back on track regarding exercise, although for some reason my running endurance is way down this week. I got on my bike for the first time in three years yesterday and went for a nine mile ride--and I feel great today. My only question is why the cats become so cuddly and affectionate when I'm sticky and sweaty. I have to shower more to get the cat hair off than anything!

My only question is why the cats become so cuddly and affectionate when I'm sticky and sweaty. I have to shower more to get the cat hair off than anything!

Are they attracted to the salt, maybe? I think that's why butterflies go after you when you're sweaty.

I kept a food diary today and figured I'd eaten about 900 calories before supper - 275 on breakfast cereal and milk, 315 for my lunchtime cheese sandwich, 110 for a mini-muffin brought in for a colleague's birthday, about 100 for a banana and the rest on the milk in my tea. Supper will be harder to work out because I'm defrosting some stew the details of which I didn't calculate before cooking.

I cried at the champion's finale, it was so sweet :crying:

They were both great chefs, but I'm glad my favorite came out the winner (I thought his dry chocolate cake at the end had killed his chances).

I am down 13 lbs, weighing in at 157. I had lost a few pounds at the beginning but regained it all due to falling off the wagon, that makes it only two weeks since I have been at 170. While I have been very good and haven't strayed from my diet since two weeks ago today, and I've worked out at least four times each week - that's still almost a pound a day. I can only assume it's a combination of low carbs and my medication change. I just hope the medication change doesn't take me overactive again.

I'm having lemon tea right now. There is ice tea with honey coming up later. I try to alternate hot and cold.

ROTF!!!!!! I didn't even think to look! But I must be burning ten million calories with all the peeing I'm doing. I mean 12 oz of liquid consumed every 30 minutes = peeing every 45 minutes.

Ummm sorry that was probably TMI. I blame it on the cold medicine...

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. I'm totally doing my best Lindsay Lohan impression today. My nose is flaming red from all the sniffing and I sound like I smoke 6 packs a day.

Ugh! I know getting sick always derails me and sets me back on whatever I do. Sorry to hear it wasn't just the air quality in Chicago :(

That sounds amazing. That you had that in the middle of the week makes me even more jealous. :drool:

Yeah, really! Butternut squash is one of my favorite things in the world. In fact, going gluten-free one of the things I'll miss is getting butternut squash or pumpkin ravioli. Mmmmmm. Oh well :(

Archived