So I just had the shit beaten out of me

Ski the Swift

I'm feeling a little violated here right now. A drive home from the local night club scene, five guys n a car. We pass a provisional driver on the way home and for some reason he starts high beaming us and tailing. The he starts throwing stuff at the car.

Needless to say a car chase happened and we being the unlucky ones were cornered in a dead end street :P

The fellas in the other car decide to start belting the crap out of us as we are trying to talk our way out of it. My ear bled quite a bit and my nose as well. They stole my phone.

Those sons of a bitches are going down. I may still be concussed. I only take a little solace away from this knowing I belted the absolute crap out of one of them.

:fencing:

Dude what can I say call the bloody cops already!

your phone has a GPS chip doesn't it?

Also did you or your friends do anything to provoke it?

I was in a similar situation once our driver suckered them into passing an exit on the freeway then went straight up the embankment onto the exit.

Would have been very messy otherwise since the guys in their cars were armed with baseball bats and ours were armed with an assorted collection of knives.

Mate I hope you are ok but a trip to ER would not hurt just to make certain. I would call the cops and if one of you didn't get the number plate then you should have, heck would have done so while being chased and called the cops then driven to a cop shop myself.

ETA: Road rage is not a ticket here and not being the aggressors how does Ski get the ticket?

Yeah NSW cops may have some corruption issues but seriously they are not going to start charging the victims of crimes with those crimes.

Young guys.... tsk, tsk.

Me being young and still feeling immortal, I am mixed between whether I want to get involved in something like this once or not.

Get well, Ski, I would not bother with cops personally, but that's me.

ETA: Road rage is not a ticket here and not being the aggressors how does Ski get the ticket?

Yeah NSW cops may have some corruption issues but seriously they are not going to start charging the victims of crimes with those crimes.

No matter how much Ski and buddies were provoked, they should not have responded. Not sure if it happen-but there is a chance.

Guest Raidne

Do people normally bleed from the ear? Do you mean, like, your earlobe was cut, or something, or that blood is coming out of your ear? If the latter, please run, not walk, to the nearest medical facility.

And call the police so you can file report to get out of whatever ridiculous charges accrued to your cell phone before they cancelled service, not to mention any identity theft issues that may arise from things you haven't even realized they stole yet. Do you have to mention that there was a car chase? Really? Isn't it as simple as these guys ran us off the road, beat the crap out of us, and stole my property?

I don't think it's likely that the cops will ask you how fast you were going.

ETA: However, I would just like to be clear, if you run over a toddler while you are fleeing at an "unsafe speed" from dudes who, for all you know, intend to murder you and dump the bodies somewhere they will never be found, you will, in all likelihood, go to jail.

Just so I'm clear on the risks involved.

Do people normally bleed from the ear? Do you mean, like, your earlobe was cut, or something, or that blood is coming out of your ear? If the latter, please run, not walk, to the nearest medical facility.

And call the police so you can file report to get out of whatever ridiculous charges accrued to your cell phone before they cancelled service, not to mention any identity theft issues that may arise from things you haven't even realized they stole yet. Do you have to mention that there was a car chase? Really? Isn't it as simple as these guys ran us off the road, beat the crap out of us, and stole my property?

I don't think it's likely that the cops will ask you how fast you were going.

ETA: However, I would just like to be clear, if you run over a toddler while you are fleeing at an "unsafe speed" from dudes who, for all you know, intend to murder you and dump the bodies somewhere they will never be found, you will, in all likelihood, go to jail.

Just so I'm clear on the risks involved.

I think there is a doc or two on the board, but as a medic, i can tell you that no; bleeding from the ear is not normal. Actually is a sign of pretty serious head trauma.

Again, i advise going to the ER. Have a loved one drive you.

Guest Raidne

Right? I mean, my husband ear bled a little after he thinks he slightly punctured his ear drum (evil Q tips!) and we drove through some serious elevation-related pressure changes, but that was just a tiny bit.

But you'd think if there was a lot of bleeding...that's not trauma to the ear canal, that's head trauma. Last time I saw that it's because my husband jaw bone was broken and was shoved into his ear...I guess that's kind of like head and ear trauma.

Anyway, go to an ER.

How many of you were there? Why didn't you kick their asses?

That was going to be my first question, but I didn't' want to sound completely insensitive. That's for taking the heat for me.

ETA: Also, reason number 4 why i carry a gun. Seems like this would be a good time to have it.

That was going to be my first question, but I didn't' want to sound completely insensitive. That's for taking the heat for me.

ETA: Also, reason number 4 why i carry a gun. Seems like this would be a good time to have it.

That was insensitive? Valid question I think.

Or, you know, don't get into a fist fight with a bunch of guys in another car?

Guest Raidne

Why make life simple? I mean, sure you could walk away with just a concussion, or you could walk away with a life-altering case of posttraumatic stress disorder and all-consuming anxiety about the legal complexities involved in self-defense law. And then, after all that, the possibility of 5-7 years in prison.

Peter, I support your general right to carry a gun, but if you think this would have been a good time to use it, I can't say that I think it's wise in your particular case.

Nothing here that a nice can of pepper spray wouldn't have taken care of, if you want to go that route, anyway.

ETA: However, I'm sure that an "I just shot someone" thread would probably already be on its 5th page by now.

Yeah. Right.

Geez am I glad that I didn't run into some maniac, who could go trigger happy any moment in a fist fight.

Seriously? You chase me down and try to kick my ass with a bunch of your friends? I'm not really going to take that laying down.

I'm all for a good old fashioned fist fight, but this situation seems by and large out of the norm.

Don't paint me as some trigger happy moron. But if you are threatening me and mine in this manner, expect some sort of harsh response.

Archived