Aussies L

Paxter

I'm sure there have been many more than 50 threads over the years, but 50 is where the official count stands ATM so I'll just run with it.

And, as per tradition, here's an

to mark the starting of a new thread.

It's because I love you

Not because we're far apart

It's because I love you

And because your near my heart

It's because I miss you

Oh how long it seems to be

It's because I miss you

Thoughts of you come back to me

Once we walked together

From the fields up to the door

Promised love forever

I remember that day still

It's because I love you

I'll come home to you one day

It's because I love you

In my thoughts you'll always stay

Ooh, Do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be yeah

Continue with the post-election ruminations...

I'm more interested in the personal lives of our second grade Australian celebrities.

Anyone bother to watch Bert and Patti talk about how Matthew stresses them?

Apparently Patti went on saying "I warned her (Rachel), I warned her about him, I warned her, I warned her he needed help, I warned her, I warned her." So it's her fault Patti?

Lots of people have mental illnesses, your son's just a douche plain and simple. My rant.

I think what he did to Brooke was warning enough!

And Paxter, maybe I'm unaustralian but I didn't know what that song was until the last line! Is it actually a reference to how sharing a room with Ski has deeply moved you?

And Paxter, maybe I'm unaustralian but I didn't know what that song was until the last line! Is it actually a reference to how sharing a room with Ski has deeply moved you?

Speaking of which the Canberra morning DJs Scotty and Nige were saying something about a school in the UK that has modified "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree."

Cheltenham school changes lyrics

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree

Merry, merry king of the bush is he

Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!

Gay your life must be

New line: Happy your life must be.

Eating all the gum drops he can see

Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!

Leave some there for me

Counting all the monkeys he can see

Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!

That's not a monkey, that's me!

EXTRA VERSES:

Kookaburra flies from the old gum tree

Flapping his wings for all to see

Flying oh so free

Kookaburra lands in the old gum tree

Fluttering his wings for all to see

Happy as can be!

Kookaburra sits on a rusty nail

Gets a boo-boo in his tail

Cry, Kookaburra! Cry, kookaburra!

Oh how life can be!

Kookaburra sits on the electric wire

Jumping up and down with his tail on fire

Ouch, Kookaburra, ouch!

Kookaburra, hot your tail must be!

Since Andrew Wilkie has signed on with Labor, it seems like the three rural independents must support Abbott for him to form government.

LOL, it looks like Treasury say that Abbott has overestimated his savings by $10.4 billion.

Since Andrew Wilkie has signed on with Labor, it seems like the three rural independents must support Abbott for him to form government.

LOL, it looks like Treasury say that Abbott has overestimated his savings by $10.4 billion.

Yeah, I think we'll shortly have a Labor government in place. I bet Abbott will try and wreck the party and get an election called sooner, although not sure whether the Independents (who would like the current minority government arrangement) would let him.

ok sorry folks but was actually on my way and GF had an accident, she is ok thankfully but I will not be arriving till either very late friday or early saturday.

lets see just what we can get done early tomorrow in re to sorting out her car and will let you know.

I WILL BE THERE SATURDAY AT THE LATEST!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:owned:

@Jeor: we missed you at the Con mate. Ser Cam, Malt and myself had some epic cricket convos over the week. I have to admit though (and I didn't think that this was possible) that Cam is even more of a cricket tragic than me! I mean, anyone who goes to a wind-up for "winter cricket" instead of a BwB party must have a deeply troubled soul...

@adamsputnik: Your mob are going down next weekend!!! OK, probably not, but I can dream can't I?

Pax if you directed me here just to talk about cricket I'll be deeply upset. I think our current team is mainly full of tossers. I wish we could bring back the glory days where our players weren't doing commercials for underwear and vitamins and car oil and LJ Hooker. Or buying Aston Martins for their dumb-as-sh1t girlfriends.

NB: I think it is acceptable for past players to do commercials. Although the term "free money plus" is clearly aimed at lowest common denominator. It's not just free money, it's free money PLUS!!!!!!

Pax if you directed me here just to talk about cricket I'll be deeply upset. I think our current team is mainly full of tossers. I wish we could bring back the glory days where our players weren't doing commercials for underwear and vitamins and car oil and LJ Hooker. Or buying Aston Martins for their dumb-as-sh1t girlfriends.

NB: I think it is acceptable for past players to do commercials. Although the term "free money plus" is clearly aimed at lowest common denominator. It's not just free money, it's free money PLUS!!!!!!

Heh. I like how you started off complaining about the possibility of cricket discussion and then went on your first board rant about it :thumbsup:. In any case, you're preaching to the choir because I have long since turned against our national team :commie:.

Seriously though, the Aussies thread is for everything and anything Aussie-related - so go for your life Luce.

ETA: Gryph has just informed me that Swiftie was dubbed Ser Ski the Last, Knight of the Spicy Meat. Maybe not getting knighted wasn't such a bad thing...

:owned:

@Jeor: we missed you at the Con mate. Ser Cam, Malt and myself had some epic cricket convos over the week. I have to admit though (and I didn't think that this was possible) that Cam is even more of a cricket tragic than me! I mean, anyone who goes to a wind-up for "winter cricket" instead of a BwB party must have a deeply troubled soul...

@adamsputnik: Your mob are going down next weekend!!! OK, probably not, but I can dream can't I?

Steady on mate ;)

Of course if Sandilands gets up then all bets are off. We can't control him unless we wish to sacrifice, say, Mark Blake and have him give Sandi a fair old kinghit. Has to be a good one mind you...

Anyone living on Vic or know anyone with the current flooding? Doesn't happen very often so I am curious how bad it really is.

Gryph has just informed me that Swiftie was dubbed Ser Ski the Last, Knight of the Spicy Meat. Maybe not getting knighted wasn't such a bad thing...

:rofl: if you watch the youtube clip - he doesn't even get a 'Knight of the Spicy Meat' tag, he's simply named Ser Ski the Last by GRRM and that's it!!!!

But Pax, remember you're being knighted by proxy, so we're yet to hear what your official title will be!

The Three Independents are giving us our government back at 3pm, live on ABC News24 and all other broadcasting devices in the galaxy.

Update: now they're saying 2pm. Decisive bunch, eh?

More Update: Katter calling a presser right now. Clearly going a different way from Oakeshott and Windsor.

Katter... wow. Getting really worked up but sounds like going Coalition over ETS, Mining Tax, Wild Rivers. Only audio on News24 but he sounds like he's going purple as he goes through his 20 points.

Paxter,

Fair go! I am Secretary of the winter cricket association so I didn't have much choice about going. Anyway, you were just upset because I turned up still in my debonair suit and distracted Ski from you...however momentarily!

And, Jeor...we really did miss you!

Archived