Westeros Blog: Filming Past and Present

Westeros

This is not an exhaustive rundown of everything that has been shot so far, but it’s a quick review of some of the highlights that we know of from the past month of shooting, and wrapping up with where we are today. We’ll update when and as we’re reminded of shooting details we’ve previously reported on.

<ul>Filming began on July 24th. The rain mentioned there did soon lead to the production moving indoors into the Paint Hall studio. The first week saw a scene or scenes involving at least Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger), Sean Bean, and possibly Jamie Sives (Jory Cassel) or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)—possibly something to do with Ned’s arrival in King’s Landing? It also seems to have seen a training sequence or sequences involving Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio Forel) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark).<li>The second week featured location shoots. Among them, a Dothraki travel scene shot in Ballymoney, probably corresponding to Daenerys’s third chapter. Possibly other Dothraki scenes may well have been shot, but the bulk of that filming would take place in Malta.<li>Castle Black footage shot at Magheramorne, probably corresponding to Jon Snow’s third chapter and/or

I'm trying to remember what scene took place at Darry castle in AFFC? Not Brienne's last chapter, is it?

On my re-read I am up to the second last chapter of AGOT. Strangely I had reread ACOK and ASOS but never AGOT, not since my first read back in 1998.

Jaime has a chapter set at Darry, when he's visiting in hopes of talking to Ser Kevan. But that's something that, when it comes to it, they can just introduce -- there's no real reference to it having been the location of the matter of the situation with the Stark girls.

Archived