Westeros Blog: New Amrita Acharya Interview

Westeros

Amrita Acharya, cast in the role of Irri, has been interviewed in national Norwegian paper, Dagbladet. Below is a partial translation provided by A Song of Ice and Fire forum member Lacuna:

[Filler about HBO’s previous sucesses]

The norwegian girl has been cast in the new HBO show ”Game of Thrones”, which is currently being filmed in Ireland and Malta. The show is based on the series ”Song of Ice and Fire” by George R. R. Martin. The cast is comprised of several well-know actors, such as Sean Bean, best known for his role as Boromir in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

”This is of course incredible. I have a supporting role, but I am in eight of the ten episodes of the first series. I play Irri, the maid of one of the main characters”, Acharya says to Dagbladet.

A learning experience

The Tromsø native received her education at The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) in London, and has mostly done theater work so far. She says the transition to a production like Game of Thrones is enormous.

”There is a massive crew involved. The budget is huge, and the sets are gigantic. Even though I’m not a main character, this really is a great learning experience.”

And the 23-year-old has a lot to look forward to. Her career is really kicking off, even though it’s only been a year since she got her bachelor’s degree at ALRA.

[information about her other projects, (TV series Doctors, movie The Devil’s Double), background, (Katmandu, Ukraine, England, Tromsø), rejection for Norwegian citizenship, Visa to the UK expiring.]

At the end, the articles notes that Canal+ will air Game of Thrones in Norway beginning Fall or Winter 2011.

Visit the Site!

Should perhaps mention that I mucked up the translation a bit. She's technically not a "Tromsø native", since she only moved there when she was 13. My old translation studies professor would have given me two red lines under that one... :blushing:

First in nationwide media then. You are so on top of this Ran, it's almost scary =)

Also, the article only mentions it airing "in the fall or autumn" without specifying year. Since winter still is far away, I feel the journalist has blundered a bit, could be read as it starting to air early next year on Canal+.

Archived