BWB Toronto

So if anyone is interested in a get together, speak now! I'm going to Chicago, so we could get together before I go, if anyone has any requests for stuff, or after I come back, if you want to talk about what the Worldcon was like.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe they have the game at Snakes & Lattes. You'd have to book a table in advance, which probably means no sooner than September.

I would be interested in doing that, but it depends whether I have any other reason to be in Toronto that day, whatever day is chosen. Weekends preferably.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

GOT Exhibition, get your free tickets! I got mine for Saturday the 9th, 7pm. There is an "interactive" portion (for which you have to pick one of their hourly time slots), something to do with the Battle of the Blackwater, and of course get to see the season 3 costumes and sit on the Iron Throne.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Theatres playing the GOT finale on the big screen: http://www.cineplex.com/Promos/GameofThrones

Is anyone going? Khaleesi and I will be meeting up at the Mississauga cineplex at Courtney Park beforehand, get tickets then get a drink. I'm think 7:30 get tickets, quick drink, line up at 8:20 ??

Theatres playing the GOT finale on the big screen: http://www.cineplex.com/Promos/GameofThrones

Is anyone going? Khaleesi and I will be meeting up at the Mississauga cineplex at Courtney Park beforehand, get tickets then get a drink. I'm think 7:30 get tickets, quick drink, line up at 8:20 ??

Wish I'd read this earlier.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been to the Game of Thrones pop-up shop on Queen West & McCaul yet?

Hmmm. I'm attending the Filk Ontario 25th annual con in Mississauga April 16-19 and will have a bit of time before and after. May take a drive over to see the shop. Thanks for mentioning it. http://www.filkontario.ca/

• 1 month later...

Cineplex is showing this season's finale on the big screen again starting today but the website says it is sold out already in all my local theatres. I suspect they haven't actually released the tickets yet, though people in Ottawa and elsewhere are reporting getting tickets. I don't know if through the website or not. I have voucher codes for tickets, but there is no where to enter those codes!

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty lame of Cineplex.

I am an infrequent visitor to the boards and relocated to GTA last year. I would be interested to get any tips on where I can meet other ASOIAF fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice on the big screen. There were scattered seats available here and there. I overheard several people say they had extra tickets for people who didn't come or got their own tickets. So a bit of hoarding going on there.

"Khaleesi" above told me her screening at a different theatre actually crashed between episodes 9 and 10, so she had to leave to see the finale.

Scalpers were selling tickets on kijiji and craigslist. Any price above $0 is absurd.

Archived