1st HBO Preview, 12 Sept 2010

Angel

:drool:

Regarding the low low viewer numbers of all the US shows, people are forgetting piracy and downloading the shows. People who really enjoy the shows are not going to wait 1 week or 1 month or longer to watch their show. They're going to download it 90mins after it airs in the US.

Platinum has always been white blonde.

Fair enough, but there's no blonde in the colour. It looks very dull. Just sayin'.

I have to admit, my appreciation of this production has been raised by watching the footage and reading their thoughts. HBO prove themselves as experts, once again. Glad they're taking this very seriously. Talk of changing the genre is bold. :)

So I just watched the new teaser and the behind-the-scenes production feature. It was amazing and everything I could have hoped for but I can't help but notice that Tyrion's face just isn't as ugly as the vibe we get from him and others in the books. When Peter Dinklage was first cast my initial reaction was great, he's a wonderful actor but they're going to have to do a lot of makeup work on him to make him look as deformed and monsterous as he's described in the books. Based on the new media released he looks pretty normal, except for his height. I can't say I'm very surprised they went down this path (it is TV after all) but I'm definitely disappointed as it takes so much away from his character. I wonder what they're going to do after season 2 when his nose gets chopped off? HBO can talk about how adult and different and non-mainstream their shows are all they want but the fact of the matter is that it's as much a captive to the Hollywood status-quo of ultra-beautiful people as any of the other major networks.

Pretty sure that was Loras - all the vines interlacing, twining up to a point.

Davos hasn't been cast, and he would have no reason to appear in Season 1 anyway. We'll be seeing him in Season 2.

Me: Look babe, that's Ned and that's Tyrion... holy shit does that dude playing Gregor look massive!!!

GF: You do know the Cowboys are playing.

Me: The. Cowboys. Are. Dumb. Besides, I've been waiting for this show for like 3 years now.

GF: The Nerd Club Show?!? (silence) I'm going to watch the fucking game in the bedroom before I stab you with a sword.

Me: Great! I'll get on the computer and talk with my 'Nerd Club' about books and science and fucking TV shows...

GF: Fuck you! Find the square root of sleeping on the couch tonight, punk ass!!!

(10 or so more minutes of yelling and cussing about football, GOT, and shit she brought up from 2 years ago)

So... GOT, football, and the "Nerd Club" are ruining my love life. Meh.

pretty neaterino. I decided to watch True Blood after watching that, first episode of true blood I've ever seen, though I had read Living Dead in Dallas when I was in 4th grade. Alas, that didn't really help, since all I really knew was that Sookie was psychic

Archived