Big Bang Theory 3.0

Sis Who Swears

I am disappointed that Sheldon believes the Singularity to be near. Also, that he needs to write down very basic probability theory on his whiteboard. His reasoning is that of a crazy person, not of a scientist. Howard would have been a better choice for these antics.

Even with taking into account that the episode couldn't be as good as the season premiere, I was a little disappointed by this one.

I enjoyed all of the little inside things, of course, but this episode also epitomized some of problems, to my mind.

Sheldon-centric again, Raj might as well not have even been there, and the arguments that Ent used, also.

On the other hand, this is not to say there weren't clever bits. I appreciated that Raj was the one who realized that a ramp had been put into the house, for example. Sheldon bumping Penny's door as an alternative to knocking, also.

And would it have been asking too much for Sheldon to have had a partially-constructed Dalek salt-shaker in the background somewhere? :-)

I really, REALLY enjoyed this one too, just as much if not more than the premiere. Found it a good mix of old inside jokes and new good shit.

I disagree with the Raj was non-existent thing, sure Wolowitz delivered most of them, but the one-liners WERE Raj's. And he was in every group setting.

And... he's a LAMB. Hehehe.

I really, REALLY enjoyed this one too, just as much if not more than the premiere. Found it a good mix of old inside jokes and new good shit.

I disagree with the Raj was non-existent thing, sure Wolowitz delivered most of them, but the one-liners WERE Raj's. And he was in every group setting.

And... he's a LAMB. Hehehe.

Saying that he was non-existent was too much, I admit. It would have been more accurate for me to say that his character remains the least developed, in my opinion. Although to be fair, when he does say something, it is always either funny, or offers a perspective that I never would have thought of.

I enjoyed the episode, but I didn't have any laugh-out-loud occasions like I did with last week's.

And I just discovered Jim Parsons is 37, which makes him older than I thought he was by about a decade.

OH! Forget to mention this if this is not news to anyone but me, just ignore me. But I was really surprised by it.

Yeah I knew JP was 37... what's the matter with 37? Nothing wrong with being 37 dude. Do you have some kind of prejudice against people of that age? :shocked:

On the Raj thing... unless he learns to talk to women... which is one of his more endearing qualities, he's a bit limited in places he can go. I mean I wish they would do more with him, he is great IMO, but a lot of his quirks would likely have to go. Which would be sad.

Yeah I knew JP was 37... what's the matter with 37? Nothing wrong with being 37 dude. Do you have some kind of prejudice against people of that age? :shocked:

On the Raj thing... unless he learns to talk to women... which is one of his more endearing qualities, he's a bit limited in places he can go. I mean I wish they would do more with him, he is great IMO, but a lot of his quirks would likely have to go. Which would be sad.

Considering that I am older than he is by years, if I did have a problem with people that age, I am surely in for some mental angst of my own. And I was wondering about your response, until I happened to have the good fortune to look at the phrase under your avatar. :-)

I wish the writers would come up with more quirks, then. And other than the inability to talk to women, how many blatant quirks are there of his? I can come up with his ability to look at comics in a consistently....disturbing light, considering past comments of his, but what else? I am not complaining here; I just am not coming up with any.

Wolowitz also has quirks, but he seems to have a few more. His mother, his usually appalling sense of clothing style, his total cluelessness on women, his justified irritation with Sheldon, for a few.

Maybe it was the focus on Leonard and Penny being a couple last season that left me feeling a little unsatisfied with the show?

Because with the episodes so far this season I am loving the show as much as ever!

And Raj got the biggest laughs out of me in the seccond episode, granted a lot of it was Howard's communicating for him, but still Raj was quite hilarious.

ETA:

Loved Penny singing "Pretty kitty" to RoboSheldon.

No wonder he likes that song or no wonder he likes cats. Which came first? Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Considering that I am older than he is by years, if I did have a problem with people that age, I am surely in for some mental angst of my own. And I was wondering about your response, until I happened to have the good fortune to look at the phrase under your avatar. :-)

;)

I'm perfectly okay if Miyam Bialik joins the cast on a regular basis... :thumbsup:

Agreed, her character is great. Except that her obnoxiousness makes Sheldon seem almost human, that might be a bad thing. That game they were playing... :lol:

Maybe it was the focus on Leonard and Penny being a couple last season that left me feeling a little unsatisfied with the show?

Because with the episodes so far this season I am loving the show as much as ever!

And Raj got the biggest laughs out of me in the seccond episode, granted a lot of it was Howard's communicating for him, but still Raj was quite hilarious.

ETA:

Loved Penny singing "Soft Kitty" to RoboSheldon.

No wonder he likes that song or no wonder he likes cats. Which came first? Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Fixed that last part for you. :)

Yes I definitely like the way the show is going this year much better as well. I prefer Leonard and Penny apart.

And with Sheldon you gotta know it's nowhere NEAR as simple as which came first the cats or the song.

Surprisingly it was Wolowitz and Sheldon's mom who made me chuckle the most this time.

I would have to say that some of the shows I enjoyed the most are when the show involves people outside the main cast members. I have to say that Sheldon's mother was a great addition. Nor do I mind the time that Amy has, although I would think that would prompt the other guys to revolt completely.

The "zazzy" thing was meh, for me. Still, I would agree that the season so far has been consistent.

Fixed that last part for you. :)

Yes I definitely like the way the show is going this year much better as well. I prefer Leonard and Penny apart.

And with Sheldon you gotta know it's nowhere NEAR as simple as which came first the cats or the song.

You know I initially wrote it "Soft Kitty" and then I changed it. :dunce:

It wouldn't be simple with Sheldon but he'd have an answer. Something like Cats existed before the song ergo cats come first regardless of where his existence comes in because he was inevitible or something and transcends both cats and the song.

You know I initially wrote it "Soft Kitty" and then I changed it. :dunce:

It wouldn't be simple with Sheldon but he'd have an answer. Something like Cats existed before the song ergo cats come first regardless of where his existence comes in because he was inevitible or something and transcends both cats and the song.

Haha... you fail at BBT. :P And I think yes, there would be an answer, however it would probably involve a bunch of big words that I don't know.

adding a female sheldon is a bit much and her tone is too annoying to my liking

i hope she doesn't feature in every episode because it would get old really fast

also, sheldon's random facts and explanations seem to be getting more and more time during each episode while leonard is slowly getting pushed to the background

i still like the show very much, but it seems to me it is getting more and more about sheldon and less about the group and their interactions, which i don't like

adding a female sheldon is a bit much and her tone is too annoying to my liking

i hope she doesn't feature in every episode because it would get old really fast

Yeah, I think Amy sucks. I was happy to see them breakup in the last episode, and disappointed when they got back together. Hopefully they end it for good soon.

Archived