Big Bang Theory 3.0

Sis Who Swears

adding a female sheldon is a bit much and her tone is too annoying to my liking

i hope she doesn't feature in every episode because it would get old really fast

also, sheldon's random facts and explanations seem to be getting more and more time during each episode while leonard is slowly getting pushed to the background

i still like the show very much, but it seems to me it is getting more and more about sheldon and less about the group and their interactions, which i don't like

Slowly? This has been the case for 2.5 seasons. Sheldon is clearly the main character where as leonard has nothing to do.

she is just too stiff, the reason Sheldon is entertaining is because he puts so much emotion into his crazy emotionless character, kinda like Brent Spiner did with Data. The actress that plays Amy or (or whatever her name is) just says the lines with no emotion at all and her lines are rude, harsh, and grating. Without a very charismatic actor that kind of thing just doesn't work

and Leonard was right that game they where playing was just stupid and had no scientific or logical reasoning behind there so called correct answers. I don't know it sorta seems like the writers are making Sheldon swing more towards crazy weirdo than crazy eccentric mad genius, his crazy use to seem intelligent now it's just crazy with out the intelligence

@ Mexal:

of course sheldon is the main character since he is the most amusing one, but never has leonard been sidelined with "nothing to do"

come on, his relationship with penny was a huge part of the series for the first three seasons

and amy adds absolutely nothing to the bunch

it's like they added an android, with no emotion whatsoever

they might as well replace her with a lump of coal

Agree that Mayim Bialik's character is not adding anything to the show and in fact probably taking away from it.

I also hoped the break up was permanent last episode.

At first I thought they were making her intentionally unlikable so the other 3 would not look like jerks for wanting Sheldon to break up with her. Even though Sheldon has had no problem disliking most of Leonard's girlfriends, that's part of Sheldon's character where it wouldn't look right on the other 3 without sufficient reason.

But then they got back together, Cat-Sheldon was worse than Sheldon with girlfriend.

The one good use I can think of for Amy is to be the first girl Raj says something to while not being drunk. She either does something that utterly pisses him off, or she is just so android-like that Raj no longer see her as a girl.

But then I hope they send her away, give her a grant at Harvard or Cambridge or something.

Agreed, her character is great. Except that her obnoxiousness makes Sheldon seem almost human, that might be a bad thing. That game they were playing... :lol:

Slowly? This has been the case for 2.5 seasons. Sheldon is clearly the main character where as leonard has nothing to do.

she is just too stiff, the reason Sheldon is entertaining is because he puts so much emotion into his crazy emotionless character, kinda like Brent Spiner did with Data. The actress that plays Amy or (or whatever her name is) just says the lines with no emotion at all and her lines are rude, harsh, and grating. Without a very charismatic actor that kind of thing just doesn't work

and Leonard was right that game they where playing was just stupid and had no scientific or logical reasoning behind there so called correct answers. I don't know it sorta seems like the writers are making Sheldon swing more towards crazy weirdo than crazy eccentric mad genius, his crazy use to seem intelligent now it's just crazy with out the intelligence

How can you not like Amy Farrah Fowler? She's Sheldon three seasons ago. As much as there are issues with Sheldon's "Kramerization" or "Jackification" if you will, he has grown as a character and an individual on the show. This is one of the reasons I think spicing things up with Miyam Bilak for a while is a good thing. It can only lead to more humanization and growth out of the character of Sheldon. It doesn't have to take away from what is funny about the character, but it will only enhance it. This is why I was such a dan that Leonard and Penny were together because it did allow for such a different level of interaction from Sheldon...

she's not sheldon 3 seasons ago.

sheldon has always had comic books, video game nights, his spot on the couch, green lantern lanterns and all that stuff, which made him lovable despite his behaviour.

amy is stuck-up, condescending (just like sheldon) but she has no redeeming qualities whatsoever to make you love her, or even like her, or consider her human at all.

Sheldon three seasons ago would be Lenard's mum. That's a female Sheldon done right. Amy has zero charisma with the camera, zero entertainment value, and can be quite easily replaced with a talking rock. Computer!Sheldon had more personality and he never left his room.

Re: the equations on the whiteboard.

I've always thought this was a gross deviation from real life, since I assume that most scientists these days just work out stuff in notebooks or on the computer. But then I've never really asked any scientists about this... So I'm asking now:

Do you guys really work things out on whiteboards as often as is usually shown in movies and TV?

(I understand, sort of, why they do it on movies/TV... so the viewer can see it more clearly. But it still bugs me.)

Do you guys really work things out on whiteboards as often as is usually shown in movies and TV?

Absolutely! (Blackboards, actually.) Most of my work is done on paper, but the blackboard is great, for really writing things through, and talking to others.

The article writing itself (on a computer) takes a tiny fraction of the whole process.

Edit: the Raj/Shel montage was really good, and one of the most accurate depictions of how science works I’ve seen in the media

We used to get together in groups in the Dungeon and work out some of our homework problems together on the blackboard. Sometimes it's way easier, especially for the equations that are too long to really fit onto a piece of paper. And definitely easier when multiple people are working on something than trying to crowd around a notebook or computer.

I loved it. Not much to say beyond that. :) The show is comfortably my favourite of all other's, currently. I only wish the episodes lasted a little longer...

ETA: Oh, how great was it to not have Sheldon's female friend in this episode?

What, no love for the guest appearances by Katie and George?!

Absolutely Full of WIN!

ETA: Oh, how great was it to not have Sheldon's female friend in this episode?

Yes and no. I got no problem with the character and I love that these guys are actually growing as characters and people...One of the reasons I like that Bernadette is about too. I don't need to always see these extra characters, but having them about gives the show a more well rounded feel...

I wonder when the Hot Troll Deviation was filmed. It felt outside the current continuity.

It's placing was odd.

Archived