Belfast Moot 2

You might recall that on 3 November 2009 we had a BWB meet up in Belfast where George brought along a few cast members of the Game of Thrones pilot episode to his signing at Easons bookshop, and then again in the evening to our meet up for drinking and good times. If you don't know what I'm talking about there is a full report on my website.

I have just had confirmation from Parris that we are going to do this again now that we have a full series in production and this event will be held on Thursday 28 October 2010.

I know this is quite short notice, its the middle of the week and a lot of people who would love to be there simply can't. Sorry about that but the date is tied to George's schedule and this is the week he is in Belfast to visit the set and catch up with how everything is going there. But if you possibly can I advise you to drop whatever you're doing, throw a sickie, leave the kids with your neighbours, quit your job even (actually please don't, I'm only joking), whatever it is you have to do, it just might be worth it.

Now before we go any further I have to make it clear that this is first and foremost a Brotherhood Without Banners meet up with George RR Martin and Parris. We cannot in any way guarantee that any of the cast and crew of the show will be there at all whatsoever.

The reason for this is that the filming schedule is not certain and we could not get any definite answers as to whether this would be a good day for it or not. We could not wait any longer to announce because everyone needs to book time off work, flights, hotels, etc. So if there is a big day of filming scheduled for Thursday, or a night shoot, or a 5 am start on Friday for most of the cast then unfortunately it will be tough luck. This really will be a bit of a lottery as to whether anyone will be available and willing to come out and meet us.

I think one thing I can guarantee you is that the big name stars of the show won't be there, you know who I mean so I won't bother listing names. So if the girls from seanbeanonline are reading this, sorry but you will be out of luck here.

But even if it is just the BWB and George you know it will be a good time and worth the effort so please be there if you can. You really would be most welcome.

We do have some concerns about just how many people might show up and for that reason we will not be publicly announcing the location where the Moot will be held. Instead I will be sending PMs or emails with the details to everybody that signs up in this thread to attend. Also we will be using a guest list entry system so if your name is not down, you ain't getting in.

Right now there is no limit on numbers but if hundreds of people post here in the next week that might be a problem but we'll deal with that eventuality if it does arise.

This news might disappoint those of you on Winter-is-Coming and other fan websites who might want to attend because you need to post here on Westeros in order to say "yes I want to be there". But I will remind you that this is a BWB event. Fortunately joining the BWB is really easy, all you have to do is sign up to be a member of the Westeros forum, post in this thread to say "yes I want to be there" and that will be enough to confirm you as a member. It is a very loose sort of organisation like that, honestly we will let anyone in. However be warned, if you act like a dick you will be thrown out again just as quick.

But I am sure everyone will behave like sensible mature adults, with no drama, no hassling of any actors that do come along, and no problems. Everything went extremely well last year and we hope to maintain a good relationship with everyone in Belfast so that we can possibly do this again in future if we get a second season and beyond. Sound reasonable to everyone? Good.

One other thing I want to make clear is that this is not a signing event. It is a hang out drinking and chatting event so please don't bring your entire collection of GRRM books along hoping for them all to be signed by everyone there. Maybe just bring one book and if you ask nicely enough you may get it signed. But do feel free to bring your camera and take photographs to show all your jealous friends what an awesome time you had.

Right, I guess I had better go book time off work then because if I can't be there that would be a major fail. Hope to see you all there.

UPDATE: My request for time off has been approved so I will be there.

ATTENDING:

MG

Giant of Lannister +1

JacMac30

Pod

Rimshot + Extras

Silverjaime

mattmcg +1

Wyvernwood

Ser Mel T + Others

Inigo +1

SamanthaofTarth

lilsisorcha

Qthulhu

moody by nature

pj818 +1

Speculator + The Other Ones

Maria Cardenas + Leo

Dennai

Iylliana +1

...Stacy +1

Crotalidian

ezeqiel

EdricStorm

GameofThronesJoe

Knight of the Teabags

Renya Stark +1

Captain Lucy

jamesimcanespy

DrNickVC

Ran

MAYBES:

Renasko

Paddy

sgibbons

DROP OUTS:

Lord Varys

Damnation. At a gig in London on the 29th, which makes a trip to Belfast on the 28th impossible :(

Not doing very well this year. Looks like I'll also miss Octocon, so this may be a totally BWB event-less year for me :( :( :thumbsdown: :bawl:

That sounds like it'll be a blast! Too bad I'll be there only in spirit. Unless I actually get the job I'm interviewing for next week and they give me a huge signing bonus and don't want me to start for three weeks, leaving me nothing to do but fly across the Atlantic. What. You don't think so? Yeah, me either...

Have fun guys, and take loads of photos. :thumbsup:

It will be an evening event of course, probably starting at 6 or 7 pm and going on until they throw us out. But I fully expect everyone to gather in a pub someplace through the afternoon as people start arriving. Too early to make plans for that just yet though.

I'd like to be there. It'd be nice to see George and Paris again...and I'm sort of in the area...Well, Ireland at least...

the best time to see us would really be at OctoCon, by the end of the weekend you'll have had a full year's worth of seeing us and will know every story we tell about the last 5 years, minimum.

the best time to see us would really be at OctoCon, by the end of the weekend you'll have had a full year's worth of seeing us and will know every story we tell about the last 5 years, minimum.

Ah, but its me, Parris...your favourite baldy beardy Scotsman!

Andrew

Well I got my request for holiday approved so I will definitely be there.

Damnation. At a gig in London on the 29th, which makes a trip to Belfast on the 28th impossible :(

I need to be somewhere Friday evening too and will be trying to get a lunchtime flight home. Come on Wert, you might be a little tired and hungover before the gig starts but it will be worth it.

I am not convinced this is a valid excuse for not coming to Octocon.

Andrew

then you most certainly should come to OctoCon, or up to the moot darlin', because our schedule is such that George won't even be doing a drive-by of Leitrim this year.

come on, I'll stand for the first round...

I need to be somewhere Friday evening too and will be trying to get a lunchtime flight home. Come on Wert, you might be a little tired and hungover before the gig starts but it will be worth it.

Hmm. True. The main constraint will be financial then. I've got a pretty major interview on 20 October, so if I get the job I can then afford to make it to the moot. So I'll probably be able to make a final commitment around then.

Last year's moot was inarguably awesome, so making this year's would be cool.

Hey everyone,

Signed up about this time last year to go to the book signing and moot with my brother. Had such a good time last year that we'd love to do it again. Gotta try get the day off work though.

Put me down +1 if that is okay. :)

Several of the actors on Thrones have been discussing the moot on Twitter, so it looks like the chances of some of the actors attending are reasonably good. However, because a lot of the actors are shooting for a few days, flying off home or to other projects and then coming back days or weeks later for their next scene, it's going to be pretty random which actors are in town and who are not, and who'll be busy filming and who'll have spare time and so on. Still, somewhat encouraging news.

Noob to the BwB forum here.

I live probably slap bang in the middle between Tollymore and Castle Ward and have been keeping a close eye on progress with GoT.

If noobs are welcome, I would love to attend the Moot (possibly with a +1)

Mart

Archived