Belfast Moot 2

Hi all,

Great to see this is happening again, really enjoyed the last one. Count me in, possibly plus one or two friends who I've contrived to get hooked on the series since last year :)

I'm based in Belfast so if the organisers need help with anything, just let me know.

A little rain never hurt anybody. XD. I haven't booked my hotel yet; I'm holding fire to see where everybody else is parking up - if the majority are going to the Premier Inn, for example, I'll go there, rather than be the one that has to travel back to the Ibis alone.

I've experienced Belfast rain and lived with Scottish rain. It ain't something you want to experience for long! ;)

Re the hotels, I'm not sure how many are coming from out of town. May hear more once Octocon is over. I imagine a lot of folks are focusing on that just now (understandably).

Jackie

Hi all,

Great to see this is happening again, really enjoyed the last one. Count me in, possibly plus one or two friends who I've contrived to get hooked on the series since last year :)

Will be good to see you again. Besides how would I cope without my personal photographer ;)

Jackie.

So, it's possible that I will be making it to the moot (still sorting out some things, including passport -- yes, I always leave things to the last minute). But I'm trying to decide which flight I might take home, and there's a very early morning flight on Friday the 29th that I could take ... so early that I'd probably not bother with a hotel that night, in fact, I'd just head straight from the moot to the airport. However, a rather more comfortable departure (not least because it wouldn't then be followed by a 10 hour lay over) would be later in that day and so a room on Thursday night would be a necessity.

So, anyone have extra space on Thursday (and possibly on Wednesday) to house a miscellaneous webmaster? Whether a hotel room to split the cost on or a couch in someone's flat, I am not picky. I may decide to just get a room outright, and in any case am not in position to make any firm decisins right now anyways, but may as well at least mention it.

(No Linda, alas -- can't get away that particular week.)

So, it's possible that I will be making it to the moot (still sorting out some things, including passport -- yes, I always leave things to the last minute). But I'm trying to decide which flight I might take home, and there's a very early morning flight on Friday the 29th that I could take ... so early that I'd probably not bother with a hotel that night, in fact, I'd just head straight from the moot to the airport. However, a rather more comfortable departure (not least because it wouldn't then be followed by a 10 hour lay over) would be later in that day and so a room on Thursday night would be a necessity.

So, anyone have extra space on Thursday (and possibly on Wednesday) to house a miscellaneous webmaster? Whether a hotel room to split the cost on or a couch in someone's flat, I am not picky. I may decide to just get a room outright, and in any case am not in position to make any firm decisins right now anyways, but may as well at least mention it.

(No Linda, alas -- can't get away that particular week.)

OMG! It would be great to see you there! I've got a single room in the Days Hotel which was on offer in LateRooms @£46.75 which is cheap for Belfast City Centre and it's just a 5-min walk away from the venue if you're having to book a room...... :cheers:

Wow, great site. Looking at the Days Central, I see that they have twin bed rooms available. I'm considering booking one in hopes that someone would want the other bed and we can split the cost. Won't be booking yet until I've nailed down the passport issue, but if anyone's interested, drop me a PM.

I'm a maybe too.

It'll have to be a drive-there-and-back-that-evening sort of thing, but at least I live on the Belfast side of Dublin.

The downside is that I work on exactly the opposite side of Dublin, so I'd have to work something out for getting up there at a decent time.

OMG! It would be great to see you there! I've got a single room in the Days Hotel which was on offer in LateRooms @£46.75 which is cheap for Belfast City Centre and it's just a 5-min walk away from the venue if you're having to book a room...... :cheers:

Sounds good to me. I'm sold. Good price, good location.....and apparently near the venue. lol. Good find. Can't believe I overlooked it when looking for hotels previously. Just booked a room via lastminute.com for the same price.

First, I would like to express clear and loud how much I hate you.

I've just spent a small fortune in a new full HD tv and a Blu ray player + a bunch of blu Ray disc to fully appreciate the upgrade of my living room.

And on top of that I have some holidays locked for mid-November. More money flushed and gone.

Then, out of the blue, you announce a second chapter of the glorious Belfast moot.

I hate you, hate you, hate you...

In fact, I hate you so much that it's not enough for me to just type it. I need to spit it in your face.

So, I'm coming.

Fly and hotel already booked; arriving early afternoon, leaving in the morning.

God, I'm gonna have to be shut in at home and having tin soup as only nourishment the whole winter to recover from all this autumnal squandering. :frown5:

Well, I'm still not sure, but it's pretty likely that I'm coming, too.

Ran, if you like we could share a room. I was just about to ask if there was someone out there looking for a roommate.

Sorry Paddy, I should have given you the details while I was in Dublin but there was not much time what with all the drinking and partying.

I think we can safely announce the time here, we will be starting at 6 pm but I would expect people to just drift by as and when they can so if it is later than that when you arrive, no worries. While that is the official start time I expect an informal gathering in a pub somewhere throughout the afternoon as people arrive in Belfast. I will include details of that when I send PMs round over the next few days to those that have signed up here, which reminds me I need to update the attendance list.

Naturally, unauthorised public disclosure of the whereabout of the Moot will result in painful death I would assume ?? :mellow:

I'd say it's a safe bet. If half of Northern Ireland/Great Britain/Ireland/Europe/za warudo show up then there'll be problems, haha.

Archived