Belfast Moot 2

Good afternoon from Belfast where it is raining in a constant not going to stop kind of way.

My plans for today fell through so with no reason to be up early I slept the morning away.

I have just had myself a big breakfast in the cafe where I ate last year called the coffee fountain. Knight of the Teabags would be able to find me here if he remembers the way. But shortly I will be heading back to the Days Inn Hotel where I shall spend the next couple of hours working on my Octocon report on my laptop.

Will be at the bar from 3.00 for anyone who is already here, see you there.

Anyone who is still around for Saturday afternoon / evening, may be interested in a 'Medieval Halloween', being held at Carnfunnock Country park, just outside Larne on Saturday afternoon.

As well as World of Owls and various other medieval demonstrations, there is a 50 minute Jousting display by the 'Knight's of the Damned' - who apparently do a lot of TV/Film work as well as display - wondering here whether there is any link at all to various bits of GoT filming ?

(Apparently not - just found out the jousting for GoT was done/being done by 'The Devil's Horsemen' - who look to be fantastic judging from their website.)

Martin

MG, this may be a bit presumptuous, but I'm curious and can't help myself, what job do you have that allows you to jaunt hither and yonder around the world to attend every BWB event? It must be one with ample pay and generous vacation time.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I do want you to know that I am insanely jealous.

Lets try that again now ive actually remembered to log in. Lol. Having tired of the hotel, im now sat in the bar..... Though it has occured to me that i dont know what anybody looks like.....oops. Lmao. Ah well. Im sat lurking behind a pillar by the bar if anybody wants to jump me.

I work for Macmillans publishers in website production for Nature Magazine. This is how I am able to get brand new books extremely cheap for the charity raffles.

I get paid quite well but not that highly to be honest. I can only really afford to come to Ireland because flights here from the UK are so cheap. I get one big trip a year which is for Worldcon. So if the show was being made in the US then I would not be at all these meet ups.

As for holiday, in the UK we get 25 days in most full time employment positions and I took very little of it in the first half of the year because I knew I would need it now. But it is pretty much all gone and I only have 2 days left to take before the end of the year.

It really is just luck and good planning that allows me to do this. Oh yeah and not having much of a life the rest of the time. That helps.

I wont be there. :(

I've tried to give myself as much time as I possibly can, but this cough I picked up last week that just wont go away means that it doesn't make sense for me to go.

I hope you all have a great time.

And now we are 5. Knight of the Teabags walked in and found us. So for a short while it was just us 3 survivors from last year.

Then I wandered off to find Samantha and instead found a long haired wild man with a big beard who said he would just follow me. He turned out to be Qthulu.

For those concerned that she might be lost we have now found Samantha and brought her safety to the Snug.

Where abouts is that? Im in the main area where you first come in, but sat near the three tvs near the doubledoors if that makes a jot of sense

LOL

This reminds me of the BWB pub night in London last May...

Glad everyone is found (by that I mean MG who was obviously lost until Sam was found. ;) ).

Archived