Belfast Moot 2

I just got word that my application for Trinity College in Dublin via Erasmus programe has been approved and that next semester, if nothing unexpected happens, I will be there as an exchange student. My friend from Gibraltar will also be there so the question is how costly would it be for me and my friend, meagre students, to maybe snoop around N.Ireland a bit? What type of transportation would be the least expensive? Train bus, plane? Are there any Ryan Air or Easy Jets or whatevers available? I have been to Wales and England so I know what prices are like but I could afford I think :dunno: a brief visit. So any info would be most welcome guys! :)

Congrats and welcome to Ireland (soon) Andrew-Mathias. :)

Ireland is very small. :P You can travel from Dublin to Belfast by bus in 2.5 hours. The train is a little faster and i'm sure people can drive there in 1.5 hours.

Bus timetable

Train timetable

You can find buses quite easily to the main sites of interest North and South.

Thnx a lot :) I am really looking forward to that whole experince. My grandma was there like 40 years ago with grandpa and she is nuts about Ireland ever since. She says that ppl are really nice and friendly even though she only spoke German that the country is really beautiful and also that I should keep away from the pubs. I said ok but Guinness brewery is technically not a pub is it? :) Anyways thnx a bunch for the timetables! Guess that bus will be it for me since its probably cheaper :))

• 3 weeks later...

Archived