Belfast Moot 2

I have only 24 photos but they are now uploaded to my photo gallery.

Unless I have SPECTACULARLY embarassed myself, I believe I was badgering Jamie with my book and not Gethin. This, of course, after Silverjaime almost swooned at his feet. Great bloke, as were all the cast present that night.

I'd forgotten I'd my ticket picked by the hand of the author himself. CLEARLY IT WAS MEANT TO BE ;)

Giant - I think GoT Risk might be something worth looking into for the BwB. Have you figured out where you're going to hide your BwB badge yet?

Weird, I posted earlier with a link to the photos I took at the moot (posted here at the same time as on the WiC board) - but it seems not to have appeared here.

Anyway, my photos are up on flickr, although you may already have seen them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54790185@N05/sets/72157625146578445/with/5128227194/

about 45 photos in all.

Still can't get over the banner - what time were they missed ?

Forgotten that I had won a raffle prize too :) first time in my life !

Martin

Parris, I am so sorry, so very sorry to hear about such a disrespectful (and criminal) act perpetrated on such generous people. I am still hours behind on tweets due to work but came to read in hopes that they were already returned. 

Update: had to register to post so saved orig note typed on phone, outside with son now can't catch up on reading, hope was found!

I was awash in envious feel-goodedness* reading about the event and sone of my favorite peoples before I read that, ruined my time and they weren't MY treasures. 

Regards,

Dan (aka Varsuuk) from distant NY. 

* = more reason why my wife is the writer in our family and not I ;p

First up - I have to say how sorry I am that the theft of the banner/s has happened. As a very recent newcomer to BWB and a native of northern ireland, I feel that this reflects particularly badly on me and those based in Belfast/NI - for someone to spoil an event that we all enjoyed so much and which was carried in such a respectful manner throughout leaves me greatly annoyed. It feels wrong to even think about writing anything that was good on Thursday night, since the theft will always cast a shadow over the entire evenings enjoyable events.

If this is the legacy that the 2nd Belfast Moot leaves than it is a very sad day - and tarnishes the excellent experience that I (and I'm sure everyone else who was there) had.

Myself and my bro (EdricStorm) left the venue at approx 11pm, shortly after the raffle concluded and I squeezed in a few quick conversations with first Luke McEwan, Josef Altin and then the venerable Rimshot as I was on my way out & up the stairs, my prize of 3 books gripped tightly. To the best of my memory the banners were all still in place at that point

Has anyone checked with the venue to confirm what level of CCTV they have and if we can view it to attempt to narrow down who may be responsible? I'm fairly local to Belfast and work there during the day, so if anybody needs anything done, please just drop me a note or PM here.

Once again, to Parris and George, I'm extremely sorry that this has happened. Up to now people from the production had always said good things about being based in Belfast and unfortunatley this severly damages any future opinions. I truly hope that this turns out to be just an honest or even stupidly conceived mistake, that someone can identify the whereabouts and a full return happens.

...but many thanks of course to LMG, Ser Mel T, lilisorcha (AMAZING songs, ladies; it was a privilege to hear them, especially the Last of the Giants -- I hope if season 3 comes around, someone gets cast as a wildling spearwife... ;), Pod, EdricStorm and Ezeqiel (you guys rock!), ...

Likewise you Ran, glad to hear you got back in one piece albeit somewhat tired - looking forward to whatever info you can share on the set tours.. I don't think you mentioned your Iron Throne sitting session when we were chatting, otherwise I'd have hounded you for any info there and then!

I am home too though it seems I have brought the rain with me from Belfast :(

...for the record we made £377 at the raffle. £150 of that will be donated to our children's literacy charity Teachers & Writers Collaborative with the rest going to Belfast Charity Action Cancer

In regards the rain lordGoat, we're very giving like that - we get so much of it that its always going spare... want some more?

Great news on the funds raised, really well done - of the bad news that has come out of the Moot, this is something that will remain unsullied, well done again!

Giant, the game is corking. I hope that makes you feel better about not winning it. It's only Starks vs Lannisters, even in the expansion packs, so I'm going to invest in learning how to continually win as Stark!

I'd forgotten you'd won that in the raffle - I remember standing in the upper section just after the raffle had finished and listening to lilisorcha singing Last of the Giants when I took a second to look around at everyone and soak in the moment, and there you were sitting in the corner proud as punch with the game talked under you're arm and I thought you jammy so-and-so!!! Glad to hear its good - hope you see success as a Stark

BTW Quthulu I am definitely up for a game soon. In fact, I wonder if we should organize a BWB Belfast game?Joe

Lads, if you need any more takers then say the word...

(I didn't get a chance to say hello at the Moot Joe, but I can tell you I recognised you from your vids as soon as you walked into the upstairs bar before it all kicked off - I was in mid conversation when I took a 2nd look and said there's "Get Joe on the Show" - see, you've already made it!)

Git.Knew it would be a cracking game - but let's face it ... it ain't Risk.In fact - let it be known that the idea of a Westeros version of Risk is mine ..... you heard it here first !!!!

I reckon there's a very real chance of this happening "for real" - hit Hasbro up (or whoever owns the Risk franchise) and get your nibs in first Giant - I'll buy a copy

Anyway, my photos are up on flickr, although you may already have seen them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54790185@N05/sets/72157625146578445/with/5128227194/

Forgotten that I had won a raffle prize too :) first time in my life !

Loved the pics Martin, really clear & crisp - as Qthulhu has already mentioned, how you got them from the crazy hues of colour being thrown around the room is beyond me. There's some great shots that really capture the postitive vibe throughout the evening (and thankfully I am not pictured too often!)

Same here regards the raffle prize - first time ever, tho I thought my chances were up when I was out by 1 on two different occasions... but somehow got pulled outta the hat second from last.

On looking through the raffle vid posted by lordGoat, I'd forgotten that I actually won the prize that Finn Jones would've had he not ripped up the winning ticket thinking it was all over already. Does that give me grounds to say I've actually bettered Ser Loras? ;) hell, its good enough for me!

Cheers to Pyp for doing me the honours with the redraw!

I think Finn Jones was just being nice, I would have allowed his ripped in half ticket. Also being nice was Bryan Cogman, Mark Addy and the rest of the cast who actually won and refused to take a prize. Except for John Bradley-West who unlike his character (that he resembles so well in both appearance and character apart from this one thing) had the courage to step up and claim a prize and I'm glad he did.

I really hope that the Belfast locals are going to get themselves organised and have regular meet ups from now on. You guys know who you are and you've got no more excuses now. Somebody organise a meet up somewhere, for drinks or games of Battles of Westeros or something and if you post about it ahead of time on here and on Winter-is-Coming who knows you may even get a cast member show up too since they do check out what's going on from time to time, you never know. So make it happen. I want to be reading about stuff that makes me insanely jealous please.

Except for John Bradley-West who unlike his character (that he resembles so well in both appearance and character apart from this one thing) had the courage to step up and claim a prize and I'm glad he did.

He choose the 'King Robert' coin medallion pin broach, right? You know what would be great - is if John was to somehow add it to his Nights' Watch costume on set. Maybe fasten fasten his cloak with it. Wouldn't look out of character or anything.

I really hope that the Belfast locals are going to get themselves organised and have regular meet ups from now on.

When you mentioned it before the Moot kicked off proper, it definitely got me to thinking. I'm liking the idea of a Mini-Moot when filming wraps or perhaps whenever the show starts screening. If Joe gets on the show we'll definitely have to do something for that, regardless.

I'm a sucker for boardgames (Giant had to suffer that at length, haha) so when the reprints of the other FFG boardgame issue then I'll have to try and sow some seeds for a true "Game" Moot. Cast-free, of course - I dread to think the effect Lena/Cersei would have on gameplay, let alone the effect of crossing Kristian/Hodor!!

Anyhow, lot to think about, I'm sure the rest of the folks have a few ideas, we'll have to let them brew and see what comes out of it :D

OK – I’ve been approached by a couple of people who have requested that I post some higher res images of a certain Kit Harrington from the Moot (those already up have been somewhat reduced in size).

So – any demand out there for some larger images ? if so which ones ? - don't have the time or space to put them all up, but I can probably get a handful of larger images up if there's demand.

Martin

Hi guys, I had an awesome time, and it was nice seeing so many faces again as well as meeting so many new ones. Haven't been on the board since the moot so only just heard about the banners being stolen, which is sickening and I hope doesn't spoil people's opinion of our country and it's folk. Isn't there any cameras or CCTV footage that could be retrieved from the bar or outside area? Surely whoever took them would've had to pass one at some stage?

Hi all, just getting a chance now to drop by and say how much I enjoyed Moot 2. Great to meet all of you (many for the second time). It was really cool to see so many of the cast and crew there too, and of course George and Parris. Thanks to all the organisers.

I'll also echo lordMountainGoat - funniest moment of the night has to go to torturing the actor who's playing Lancel with subtle hints of what's to come for his character (he's only read the first book). He eventually went to ask George, which he said didn't help his fears in this slightest :D

However, I'm frankly appalled about the situation with the banners. As one of the Belfast residents in attendance, I feel that we are extremely privileged not only to have the show being filmed here, but that the people involved are so willing to participate in, and indeed encourage, events like the Moot. To think that some individual would do something like this to George, Parris, and everyone else involved, makes me feel a bit sick, and a lot pissed-off.

I left about 11:30 and didn't see anything particularly suspicious at or before that time. I didn't notice whether or not the banners were still up as I was leaving.

I'm more than willing to offer any help I can in trying to recover them, just let me know if there's anything that needs doing. In the meantime I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Here's hoping they turn up.

Any news yet on the missing banners? This is pretty messed up, and will affect us all if not returned. I want to go to a moot one day!!! Maybe it was someone who was working the event (bartender or waitress?), or an extra? I just can't see the fans who were there doing this type of thing, but maybe I have more faith than I should...

Wow, what a great event to have sullied by a theft.

I had a thought, is it possible the banners were disposed of by custodial staff? In Montreal the Hotel staff tore down and attempted to throw away most of our decorations. They were retrieved before they headed off to the Montreal land-fill. Is that a possibility?

I sincerely hope the banners turn up very soon.

I had a thought, is it possible the banners were disposed of by custodial staff? In Montreal the Hotel staff tore down and attempted to throw away most of our decorations. They were retrieved before they headed off to the Montreal land-fill. Is that a possibility?

I left around 12.00 with SamofTarth and I couldn't swear that the banner was there at that time, but I could say that the staff were still behind the bar, where they'd been all night. I don't think they'd start clearing anything till the venue was empty and there were still a good few people there when I left.

If it's the banner I'm thinking of, it was way down at the back and had looked to be falling down at one edge during the night. There was a table of young guys down at the back just below the banner, who didn't seem to mix a lot, and who made a lot of noise while the singing was going on.....I don't know who they were (extras, fans, whatever) but maybe Phil would remember or have names of some of them. They might have seen the banner coming down; maybe it fell off the wall and was put somewhere.

Clutching at straws here! Just can't beleive a FAN would steal anything belonging to George or Parris, but there are some d---s about. It's such a shame anything went wrong that night, when so much was brilliant.......

I left around 12.00 with SamofTarth and I couldn't swear that the banner was there at that time, but I could say that the staff were still behind the bar, where they'd been all night. I don't think they'd start clearing anything till the venue was empty and there were still a good few people there when I left.

If it's the banner I'm thinking of, it was way down at the back and had looked to be falling down at one edge during the night. There was a table of young guys down at the back just below the banner, who didn't seem to mix a lot, and who made a lot of noise while the singing was going on.....I don't know who they were (extras, fans, whatever) but maybe Phil would remember or have names of some of them. They might have seen the banner coming down; maybe it fell off the wall and was put somewhere.

Clutching at straws here! Just can't beleive a FAN would steal anything belonging to George or Parris, but there are some d---s about. It's such a shame anything went wrong that night, when so much was brilliant.......

I'm 90% certain the banner was still there when I left at about 11.30. When I went to retrive my bag from that end, the group was sat under where the banner was. Does anyone have contact details for the guy with dreadlocks and the nose piercing (Dothraki Extra ?) - he was down there chatting in that group and may know them.

On a lighter note - I have posted up larger images on flickr for some of the photos, only thing is that I noticed that flickr has truncated their size to 1024 pixels (most were between 2000-2400) so I may have to host them on my own web space to get the full size.

The larger photos are here: BWB_Moot2_281010_014hr

Martin

Archived