Belfast Moot 2

Better late than never I shall report in ;)

I had a great time on Thursday night. The fans, cast and grew were all fantastic. Thank you so much Parris and George for arranging it and serMountainGoat, Rimshot and Silverjaime for all your hard work. It was greatly appreciated.

I've uploaded my pics to Flickr and my

(in HD!) to YouTube. Great memories :)

Little shout out to William Simpson (story boarder and concept artist) who made it to the Moot. Not sure if anyone else realised who he was. Very interesting chat re director rotations etc :)

I know they're bound to change after the show airs and I feel very privileged to have been part of the first two Moots. I hope the issue with the banner is sorted out as I'd love the Moots to continue.

So who's going to organise a premier party eh? ;)

Hi guys,

I've been following the site for a couple of weeks now, though only recently signed up.

first off I want to agree entirely with everyone about how dissapointing the missing banners are. Stealing something so personal is a horrible thing to do, and I really do hope they are returned soon, safe and well. I only hope that there isn't a general feeling of mistrust about the extras, as 99% of us that attended were simply there because we enjoyed the experience so much and wanted to relive some of the craic with fellow fans. I understand that not being fellow members they might be viewed suspiciously, but I just hope that not everyone get's tarred with the same brush. It was on August's tourney shoot (amazing, I was a peasant AND a tourney Knight!) that I met some of the nicest people, including Rimshot who introduced me to this site and the Moot, and I'm very grateful he did.

The nasty issue of the banners aside, I want to say a big thank you to all the people who contributed to the Moot's success! As a newcomer I have never been to such a thing before and no doubt it took an awful amount of effort, but I for one had a great night. As rimshot has mentioned, there was a lovely moment outside chatting to Miltos explaining his take on Syrio's character, and discussing being battered and bruised from rehersals that day. Then onto Eugene and Finn (lancel and loras) chatting about how lovely they've found the fans and how they desperately don't want to let them down. They genuinely were such a lovely cast, no airs or graces, making time for all the questions that were thrown at them. Then of course chatting to George and getting some books signed? superb!

I have passed on my photos of the night to Rimshot so if they're deemed good enough to post, I hope people like them (btw the presentation photo is a thing my friends and I do, sorry if it looks a bit wierd!)

All in all, it was a great night and lovely to meet some of you, and looking forward to meet the rest on future nights.

BTW, any locals spotted anything on UTV yet (local TV station) ? also who were the other journalists present, not noticed anything hitting mainstream media for the last week or so.

Most of the media stuff wouldn't be seen until just before the show is released. HBO wants the show to be (generally) kept under wraps until then.

Yeah. Be interesting to hear if the UTV bit with George's entrance aired. And yeah, what Pod said. The journalists who were present who had been a part of the press tour are embargoed until nearer the air date. I suppose they could write up something about GRRM and the fans since it wasn't official HBO stuff, but I suspect they'll keep it until nearer the air date anyways.

I'd almost forgotten about the reporters. I had to laugh that just hours before I'd tweeted to say how shy I was and then stick a reporter in front of me and I couldn't shut up! I put it down to Moot excitement ;)

....which lasted until the Saturday afternoon when both of us had spent 4 hours talking scenes and meanings and cast and so on, not even noticing the time going by!! :thumbsup:

Hey Guys.

Was AFK all weekend but wanted to say how much fun I had at the moot. Chatting with everyone there and getting my book signed *fanboy squeal*. Even got myself in a Photo or 2!

As for the banners I was around all night and ended up at the house where lilsisorcha and Ser Mel T were staying with a friend (Thanks for the Sofa!). I will echo everyone else in saying how much of a shame this is and add that whoever did it should either apologise and return the banner or drop it off at Robinsons quietly. That way Parris and Ser Mel T make take it easy and make it quick and painless (no Guarantees).

Big extra shout to Finn and John who I spent quite a while chatting to, and DrNick VC for actually getting my mug in a photo to prove I was there!

I hope that this can become a yearly thing and that the banner issue is resolved. Meanwhile...see you in Reno?

I have passed on my photos of the night to Rimshot so if they're deemed good enough to post, I hope people like them (btw the presentation photo is a thing my friends and I do, sorry if it looks a bit wierd!)

All in all, it was a great night and lovely to meet some of you, and looking forward to meet the rest on future nights.

What, you mean as in U-14 (football championship) presentations, serious faces and no smiling type thing?

EDITED POST: wanted to clarify what I meant by U-14 presentations... as it started to sound a bit odd without any description... it sounded good in my head at the time!

btw Boulder1, I actually work with one of you non-GOT friends... which is where I got the info on the presentations - blame the Reel!

Hi guys,

Just seen your pic with Finn Jones. His photos are all so funny! ;)

Hi Guys,

sorry ive been trying to catch up on everything thats been going on, so apologises if im going over covered ground and the bullet point structure of below, but there are a couple of people i want to mention:

Parris, sorry to hear about the banner. Im not sure if its been done yet, but i will apporach the venue and mgmt there to see what i can turn up, if you have any photos that i could get a copy of, i will take them with me. I fail to understand anyone that would take this and mar the night, so i will do what i can to try and help out.

Ran, glad to hear you had a good time in Ireland, hope to see you over again soon for a more excellent craic and a longer, less tiring stay! :)

Martin, thanks for the photos, love them, the camera was supurb in capturing the evening and all the great people that turned up.

To everyone else that ive missed out on, thanks for a great night and some excellent conversation - Mini-moot/Belfast fan meet-ups sound great fun, I know me and the bro(Ezeqiel) would defn be up for it, so lets make it happen.

I know everyone wants to help and it is really appreciated but can we try to arrange this so that only one person deals with the venue please. If they have to keep saying the same thing to 20 different people they will not be terribly happy about it. So if someone has already contacted Robinsons to ask about whether anything has been recovered or about CCTV footage then please post here to say so. Thank you.

Well, as much as I'd like to jump up and down in front of their manager and demand CCTV footage or blood, I don't feel it's my position to overstep Parris or whoever else is formally representing us to the venue.

Talking to extras, other attendees, checking around the outside of the place, those are all pretty harmless things for us to try... but I don't think the situation would be helped by half a dozen people bombarding the venue with demands, considering the bulk of us were just attendees rather than organisers or the subject of the theft (personally I feel like whoever is responsible stole from all of us, but that would not be the accurate legal view).

We're about to hit the deadline for the return of the item, so I would humbly suggest we wait to see what the next steps are. If Parris delegates someone to take this further, so be it. Either way, everyone knows that all the Belfast Brotherhood members are ready to help in any way we can.

Sorry if I'm being too verbose over this, but I'm from Belfast and I don't want our Moot to go down as "The Moot that Ruined It for Everyone".

We really need to answer LordMountainGoat's question, has anyone been in touch with the management of Robinsons?

If not, then I don’t mind getting in touch with them to see if they’ve any relevant info and whether there’s any footage of the banners being removed.

We really need to answer LordMountainGoat's question, has anyone been in touch with the management of Robinsons?

If not, then I don’t mind getting in touch with them to see if they’ve any relevant info and whether there’s any footage of the banners being removed.

AS per Qthulhu - I would rather wait to see what Parris comes back with before I leap in and ask the venue. As Rimshot and I were responsible for choosing Robinsons, and being from Belfast, I do feel really bad about the theft, but then, it could have happened anywhere. I don't think they would have had CCTV in the actual room as it was too dark to film anything, and no-one was going about outside showing what they'd nicked I'm sure, but maybe a proper perusal of all the photos around 11.50pm and on would give us a clue. We'd see if it was missing from the background.

As Nick says - any one of us is willing to help, but I think we should hear back from Parris first.

Not sure even if it has been made clear who the person who took the banner should contact to leave it with in the event that their conscience got the better of them.

Presumably the only known address for the return of the banner would be the venue itself ?

Martin

I know it was provisionally agreed that we would wait before contacting robinsons, but I gave them a bell this afternoon just to see what the craic was.

I got speaking to the bar's general manager Tracey and the heads up is that no-one has been in touch about the missing banners, either to return them or to make enquiries, my call was the first she'd heard of it. She was working on Friday and if the banners had been left behind or lifted by the staff she would have been informed.

There are CCTV cameras in Bt1, mostly focused around the bar. Where were the two banners removed from? From reading over the thread it seems there was one down on the back wall and one on the wall beside the DJ booth opposite the bar? If I can get back to Tracey with locations and times she said she would check the cctv footage. If anyone can clarify either of these it would be helpful.

Apologies if I'm overstepping my bounds on this but last thursday was pure amazing. From meeting George, to the cast and extras turning up, to having a few beers with fans who are as avid about the books and tv show as myself. To think that it might not happen again because some thieving bollocks can't keep their fingers to themselves makes my fecking blood boil!

Nick the two banners were at the far end of the bar, one on the end wall and the other to the right of it. The BWB standard was hung on the TV next to the DJ booth opposite the bar and thankfully we do have that one - Ser Mel T is holding onto it and intends to bring it to Reno which is probably the next place it will be needed.

Parris has been in touch to say she has a lead but can't say any more about it at this time, so to be honest I don't think there is anything to be gained by trying to pursue this with Robinsons.

The person who has it almost certainly knows about everything being said here and on Winter-is-Coming because they have either read it themselves or the Extras and cast members are talking about it on set. So if you are that person who took the banners please do the right thing, either return them to the production office, or the Extras office, or the bar, leave them anonymously - nobody has to know it was you, and then we can put all this behind us. Come on, you know it makes sense. Thank you.

Nick the two banners were at the far end of the bar, one on the end wall and the other to the right of it. The BWB standard was hung on the TV next to the DJ booth opposite the bar and thankfully we do have that one - Ser Mel T is holding onto it and intends to bring it to Reno which is probably the next place it will be needed.

Parris has been in touch to say she has a lead but can't say any more about it at this time, so to be honest I don't think there is anything to be gained by trying to pursue this with Robinsons.

The person who has it almost certainly knows about everything being said here and on Winter-is-Coming because they have either read it themselves or the Extras and cast members are talking about it on set. So if you are that person who took the banners please do the right thing, either return them to the production office, or the Extras office, or the bar, leave them anonymously - nobody has to know it was you, and then we can put all this behind us. Come on, you know it makes sense. Thank you.

As long as you're sure mate. I'll get in touch with Robinsons tomorrow and tell them not too bother. Cheers for the heads up.

Archived