Belfast Moot 2

Naturally, unauthorised public disclosure of the whereabout of the Moot will result in painful death I would assume ?? :mellow:

In Dublin yesterday we went to see the Book of Kells in Trinity College Library where they also have several* other books including the Bloody and Violent History of the Irish with pictures showing many inventive ways to kill human beings who are doing something they ought not to do and lets just say it has given me many ideas that will be tried out anyone who perpetrates said crime. Kapeesh.

ETA: *several thousand books that is. Such a glorious smell of old parchment and leather, it really is the most beautiful library I have ever been in.

In Dublin yesterday we went to see the Book of Kells in Trinity College Library where they also have several* other books including the Bloody and Violent History of the Irish with pictures showing many inventive ways to kill human beings who are doing something they ought not to do and lets just say it has given me many ideas that will be tried out anyone who perpetrates said crime. Kapeesh.

ETA: *several thousand books that is. Such a glorious smell of old parchment and leather, it really is the most beautiful library I have ever been in.

Beautiful enough for George Lucas to rip off.... I mean, coincidentally look like the Jedi Archives...

*shifty eyes*

I'd love to attend if there are still places! I'm new to the board and fairly new to the books - but wow! Do I love them! Would love to meet some new people and chat the night away! Might bring one person with me, if it's okay? Hope to meet a lot of you there! :)

Rimshot mentioned this to me awhile back and I'd love to meet GRRM, problem is my wife is due on the 28th! So provided I'm not in the royal victoria maternity hospital I'd love to go if there are any places left :)

I will put you down as a maybe. Good luck with the birth and I hope you have an understanding wife.

Me + Guest please. Was lovely to see folks at Octocon, wish I had had more time there, hope lots can make it to this too... last year was great :)

Did I meet you at Octocon? I remember your name from Belfast last year though, glad you can make it.

I'd love to attend if there are still places! I'm new to the board and fairly new to the books - but wow! Do I love them! Would love to meet some new people and chat the night away! Might bring one person with me, if it's okay? Hope to meet a lot of you there! :)

I think we have room for one or two more.

By the way folks I have not forgotten about you all and I will be sending PMs to everyone with details of venue and everything else you need to know by the weekend at the latest. First I need to clear out some space in my inbox and I am also waiting for one last detail to be confirmed.

However, I am ready to announce that we will be running yet another Brotherhood Without Banners AWESOME Charity Book Raffle Prize Draw Thing at the Moot in Belfast. Full details of the event including the list of incredible prizes on offer are available on this PDF poster. So bring some extra money for raffle tickets and make sure you decide what your first choice of prize will be if you are lucky enough to win!

First Post! Hi all. I would like to be added to the list for the Moot. flying over from London and Back early friday so any accomodation advice would be fantastic. Been a regular at Winter is Coming for a while now and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Did I meet you at Octocon? I remember your name from Belfast last year though, glad you can make it.

Not too sure... I was really busy over the weekend, so I only really managed lunch with Peadar and company on the Saturday and some short time in the bar on Saturday night (plus I have a goldfish's memory for names/faces *grin*). Looking forward to having more time to chat in Belfast! :)

I came in here to post that I was going to have to bail, because I've come down with the post-con lurgy.

Sore throat and lots of coughing.

Then I see Ser Mountain Goat saying that he'll send the PMs at the weekend and go back to check the first post...

I can't believe I thought it was happening today :)

Oh well, that means I still have a good chance of making it.

And I really hope to :D

Looking forward to this - it looks like it will be just me, and not + significant other (still a possibility though).

Trying to work out travel plan - is the venue close to the Europa ? (thinking buses here so I can drink rather than drive)

Also, is there a general plan regarding food ? does the venue serve pub-grub too ? wondering whether to grab something on the way.

Hoping to get out of work early and get to venue from about 4pm.

Total noob to BWB - so be gentle :)

Thanks

Just saw my name on the confirmed attending list and nearly squealed with glee (not ideal at the office)!

I am due to land at Belfast City airport at 18:05 so depending on sense of direction and weather I hope to see you all at around 18:30!

I fly back at 6:30 the next morning so I have booked a bed at the Linen house to crash out but I hope I can just power on through!

Looking forward to seeing you all there and reminscing with GRRM about the beauties of Bayonne NJ!

Just saw my name on the confirmed attending list and nearly squealed with glee (not ideal at the office)!

I am due to land at Belfast City airport at 18:05 so depending on sense of direction and weather I hope to see you all at around 18:30!

I fly back at 6:30 the next morning so I have booked a bed at the Linen house to crash out but I hope I can just power on through!

Looking forward to seeing you all there and reminscing with GRRM about the beauties of Bayonne NJ!

The airport bus gets you into Europa bus station in 15 minutes - it's about £3 (can't remember). And that's in Central Belfast.

The airport bus gets you into Europa bus station in 15 minutes - it's about £3 (can't remember). And that's in Central Belfast.

Fantastic, on the map it looked walkable but google just told me 1h30. Thats valuable social (drinking) time lost there!

Can I add a definate 1 and "more than likely" +1 to the list?

I'm a regular reader and occasional poster over at WIC who's got into the books from my brother (the +1 above) last year, with my brother a very soon to be extra on the show, (and me a still determined hopeful!) so we'd like to call in and say hello... and drink!

our usernames on WIC:

ezeqiel

EdricStorm

We're both BWB noobs tho, so as previously mentioned by another poster - be gentle!

We both work in Belfast and live locally, so we might even get out a little earlier that the 6pm offical start time :)

Hello Everyone...

Definitely count me in.

Also, I live in Belfast, but I am likely getting on a plane early in the morning (leaving the house at around 7am or so). I do have 2 guest beds though, so if people need a place to crash for a few hours, they're welcome to do it at my house, as long as they clear on out as soon as I leave for the airport.

Can't wait!

Joe

Hello Everyone...

Definitely count me in.

One of the things I knew I was going to miss from the last moot was Julia Frey and her engaging conversation.

But Joe Campo's presence is really a highlight to be looking forward! :bowdown:

I'm certainly in, now, it seems. At least, the flights are booked now, and I'm not going to miss them voluntarily. I'm in Belfast from Wednesday evening to Friday morning, so I really should be in a decent shape Thursday evening.

Archived