Bakker XII: Spoilers for PON, TJE, and WLW

Spring Bass

No, no, you'd keep silent about Pat's lack of a face, and then begin your study who he is, and what is he. You'd notice others like him, too, like Wert and the like, and discover that Reviewers are one of the weapon-races of the ... (I'm at a blank at a literary equivalent of the Consult, Publishing Companies, who seek the resurrection of the Twilight-God?).

Though you guys obviously don't deserve it, I'll nevertheless throw you a bone. :P

TWLW is 205,000 words long, which makes it a much bigger book than TJE, which weighed in at 152,000 words...

Patrick

Yes, but we already knew that from Scott, who said it was a beast of a book and the size of Warrior Prophet.

So in the spirit of Christmas generosity, maybe you could say if your word file includes the character & faction glossary, and if yes, are there any new players on it?

He'd need permission from Scott, brah, and really are so you impatient? I've waited half my life for ADwD, I can wait for WLW just fine.

(But, Pat, if you need some advice or are confused by something in the book, don't hesitate to send it to me. For example, if you were to go blind, and needed someone to read the book to you over Skype...)

In my attempt to find out more information on this Pat person, I clicked on the link in his signature. Google Chrome did not like that, tells me that site hosts malware.

Yep, my Avira alert came up with malware/spyware warnings a few times as well and I finally stopped reading his blog. It's those damn ads, I suspect.

Can't have been a Chrome thing; I use IE8. ;)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Bakker absolutely despise Word. Took him days to try to format the ms into something readable, an attempt he gave up.

As for killing me, you should know by now that I'm used to death threats. I was the only reviewers who got his hands on the last three Malazan books beforehand, after all.

Bribes, folks. They are so underrated, I find. . . :smoking:

Patrick

Ah, but Montreal is so cost-effective to visit ... :ninja:

Archived