Aussie LI

Ski the Swift

I've been told an Australian song of the likes needs to be placed at the beginning of the thread, this may not live up to the greatness of previous songs. To you who do not like it I say "Too fucking bad!"

Without further adieu:

In West Wallsend its flannos and motorbikes

Bar Beach its a surfing life

Cooks Hill they're being arty

East end party, party, party!

Iso, Caro lock your doors

Or if your lucky pull down your draws

Hamos cosmopolitan

Throsby Creek looks great but I'd skip the swim

He got out a Civic Station

Walked across the lines

Saw the big penis and said

"Where the fuck am I?"

Newcastle OH OH OH OH OH OH OH

Its so beautiful my dear

They can bury me here

Does show, bucks night

Pubcrawls in a double decker

Dickheads in a fight

Probably over someones hair

The JR is rocking hard

With black T-shirts and mini skirts

Jumpclub , Fannwaas

"Oh can we get a cab , coz my feet hurt"

Its so beautiful my dear

They can bury me here

With Kae-Sahn on the radio

And orange shit in the sky(Mayfield)

The tourist grabbed his road map and said

"Where the fuck am I?"

Its so beautiful my dear

They can bury me here

Well its time to head

Its getting ugly

Shitfaced people

With the munchies

They migrate to maccas

Or Hamburger Haven

Beer and mull and egg and bacon

The bogey hole for skinny dippin

Strezlecki car park kissing

Some are sightseeing

Some I bet are

At John Hunter nine months later

With thirty thousand people screaming

"Go the Knights!"

The footballer looked around him and said

"Where the fuck am I?"

Its so beautiful my dear

They can bury me here

Whos been to the Beaches on a Sunday night?

And who,'s driven over Stockton bridge and seen the city lights at night?

Because I've been to Nobby's to watch the dawn

Nearly pissed my pants from a ships fog horn

BOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

OH!

Its so beautiful my dear

They can bury me here

A link of the song for all you fans:

Every time I lay my eyes on the bottle of alcohol decorating my desk, I think about you Ski. One day, I'll drunk-text you while I'm at work. :cheers:

Paxy, about your cousin from the previous thread, :grouphug: Next year will be better.

/goes back to ignoring Aussie thread :P

Paxy, about your cousin from the previous thread, :grouphug: Next year will be better.

/goes back to ignoring Aussie thread :P

Thanks EB.

But seriously, don't ignore the Aussies thread. Where else on the board will you find AFL talk, the lyrics to songs about a shite East Coast town and Pure Blonde jokes at my expense?

Also, I stand by the comment I made earlier today that Ski has now sigged. Who the fuck wouldn't take the Giant Ram over the Big Banana? :leaving:

Thanks EB.

But seriously, don't ignore the Aussies thread. Where else on the board will you find AFL talk, the lyrics to songs about a shite East Coast town and Pure Blonde jokes at my expense?

Also, I stand by the comment I made earlier today that Ski has now sigged. Who the fuck wouldn't take the Giant Ram over the Big Banana? :leaving:

Do not lie Prearts!!!

I have the entire conversation in context! You just on a massive deck orgy rampage.

Also, no AFL talk please :P

Thanks EB.

You forgot cricket.

/falls asleep

I almost clicked the link. But then I read the lyrics.

Do not lie Prearts!!!

I have the entire conversation in context! You just on a massive deck orgy rampage.

Yeah, I'm on a real massive "deck" orgy rampage. Whatever that is.

Now, back to the AFL discussion...

@eyeles: That cricket comment wounded me. I forgive you though because you didn't click Ski's link. Also, you are now the second-highest poster in the Aussies thread...we're converting you!

Prearts you even went over to see Stubby's deck!

PS: Looks like you're getting heaps of study in. :thumbsup:

You're a deckhead Ski.

And yeah, I'm getting so much study in that I'm going back to chat.

It’s a year to the day since my 21 year old cousin died in his sleep, after losing his silent battle with an ice addiction. Though a year has passed and I’ve mostly comes to terms with his death, the memories have returned recently. Brendan was born three days before me and we did most things together as kids, including attending the same kindy and primary school. The most enduring memories of my childhood involve me and my cousins embarking on some crazy adventure or other at our family’s orchard, and he was always right there in the thick of it.

Brendan was outgoing, enthusiastic, charismatic, fiercely loyal to his mates and eager to have new experiences and broaden his horizons. He had an incredible passion for life and a very clear idea of what he thought happiness and “winning at life” felt like. In many ways I looked up to him because he always seemed to have a much greater sense of direction than me: who he wanted to be, what he wanted to do, where he wanted to go. And I’m sure that he would have fought with every ounce of his strength before his addiction defeated him. To this day I don’t know what drove him to drugs, but whatever the issues were, I’ll live to regret the fact that he never felt able to discuss them openly with me. There are a lot of unanswered questions and they’ll probably remain unanswered. The only thing that I can say for certain is that Glory games haven’t been the same since.

Pax, I'm really sorry to hear that but I'm glad you shared it with us. Losing someone is always tough, especially someone you've been so close to. It doesn't matter that it was a year ago, you'll always remember him and that's right. It's sad that he felt he couldn't share his problems with you but don't blame yourself for not being able to help. :grouphug:

Thanks R.

Summer is officially here - just got back from the first day of cricket at the WACA. We were comprehensively outplayed by the Vics, I got told off for talking too loudly in the Members' stand and the Freo Doctor came in at around 3:30 pm to cool the 30 degree day. All is well in the world :thumbsup:.

Archived