The scene that you lose sleep.

julandro

I'd like to see Viserys Targaryen dies. Do you think we should show the scene when his head is melting?

You aren't alone. I didn't find it funny or amusing or even shocking. Maybe I'm just too cynical these days :P

As far as scenes go, I was really hoping for some good flashbacks of Rhaegar - but there's been no casting for him yet, as far as I know : /

I am also looking forward to Viserys being crowned.

Oh yea the "crowning" will be great....

I guess some folks here thought so.

10 - Jaime losing his hand

9 - The birth of the dragons

8 - Tyrion kicking ass in Blackwater Bay

7 - Melisandre becoming a mommy to a shadow baby and Davos' reaction

6 - The king in the north

5 - The Nightwatch vs. The Wildlings

4 - Viper vs. Gregor

3 - Dany gets help from one of her servants (must be getting old to have this listed at #3)

2 - Poor Ned...

1 - Red Wedding

To pick just one ... so difficult, but the birth of Dany's dragons. Not only is it a powerful scene (this from a non-Dany fan), it's probably the most intense CGI we will see in the first season. If they screw it up it will leave people with a bad taste in their mouth to complain about til the next season. If they pull it off, it will be epic.

this is a good one, great scene that took the possibilities of the series to a new level when I first read it. Michael Kormack's portrayal (all of them are gorgeous) was dead on perfect IMO. Daenerys Targaryen

I realize it's not in the first season, but I wonder how they will handle Bran/Summer seeing the winged snake flying over Winterfell. It's one of the most baffling scenes in the books.

I'm anxious to see how well they can handle all of the visions/dreams and their significance w/o making it cheesy.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many, but what immediately sprung into my mind is the last "little bird" scene between the Hound and Sansa... In that, if it isn't the most amazing thing ever I'm going to be, um, very sad.

I'm big on Dany and I think that there a tons of her scenes that will be totally kick-ass on screen: burning down the haunted mansion, her baby dragons burning peoples faces off, commanding the Unsullied, performing blood magic, crossing the desert, etc etc.

The destruction of Winterfell.

And like everyone else, the Red Wedding. Everything about it was so perfect in the books - it was made to be on the screen.

The scene that makes me lose sleep?

The scenes on the DVD special features where all those BWBers are talking with Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Sean Bean, and others. Not that I'd want to be on the DVD, but that I couldn't make it across the pond for the moot.

:lol:

Ok, not really. Maybe.

The scene that makes me lose sleep?

The scenes on the DVD special features where all those BWBers are talking with Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Sean Bean, and others. Not that I'd want to be on the DVD, but that I couldn't make it across the pond for the moot.

:lol:

Ok, not really. Maybe.

I really, really doubt that any of them will show up in the moot. Bean and Dinklage are juggling projects left and right. I'm guessing everytime they have a short break in their schedule, they are travelling to work in other things or to dedicate some time to private matters. Lena has a baby who probably requires all her after-work attention. Besides, the three of them are too popular to show up unexpectedly in a public place.

But I would be delighted if other members of the cast and crew can make it. I'm sure all of them have interesting things to tell. Last year was full of highlights and no star was present, nor missed either.

PPpffffttttT!!!!!! (Spit Pepsi all over keyboard on this one!) LOL!!

"So yeah, how about that trident battle where I won my crown after that insane king killed your brother and father, Ned? Wasn't that crazy? Anyway, what were you talking about?"

I definitely want them to get Ned's execution right. It was such a heart-wrenching scene from Arya's point of view, and if they do it right it would guarantee a huge fan base for a second season.

I would also love to see the flashbacks of Rhaegar (as someone has already mentioned). He is such an important character, even dead, and they will have to explain the history somehow or most of what happens won't make sense to those who haven't read the books.

I'm not going to have any fingernails left by the end of the first episode lol, not after raving to my family about the books for so long and then having to be in the same room as they watch it. Either that or I won't have a head left for shouting "Watch this bit, it's amazing!".

i asked george earlier this year at Aussiecon what he thought would be one of the hardest scenes to shoot and he said he felt that the scene where Tyrion and Sansa are married and taken up to bed could be one of the trickiest to film, in terms of public reaction etc etc...

for me heart renching moment ditto an earlier post re sansa + the hounds "little bird" scene before the hound leaves kings landing

but for my :thumbsup: hell yeah! theme it has to be "king of the north" and tyrion shooting tywin on the bogger.

When Dany rides Silver through hundreds (thousands?) of people shouting "mother" in different languages... That was a beautiful scene. :bowdown:

Also, :agree: on the Sansa and Hound "little bird" scene- mostly for and about the Hound.

And, The Red Wedding... The most horrifying thing I think I've ever read in genre (or probably any other) fiction. Absolutely has to shock and crush the audience (without being slo-mo sappy), the way it had the readers.

Archived