New South Wales BwB

Paxter

I don't know any of you, but I can totally come to this thing.

You're more than welcome to join us ST - most of us have only just met in the last month or so and in any case the BwB is always open to new members :cheers:.

So yeah, I'll add you to the list of attendees. Just make sure you send a PM to either me or stormborne before the meet so that we can exchange mobile numbers and then you'll be able to find us at the bowling place or whatever location we decide on as a meet-up point (actually sh_wulff I think you probably need to do the same as well).

ETA: Updated list for November 13 is looking something like this:

Confirmed:

TWS

Pax

stormborne + GG + mate

Horza

Ski + mate

brook + OH

JewBear

Dean

Neal

sh_wulff

Screaming Turkey

fungi

Unsure:

Jebus

ThatGuy

Other possibles who haven't posted here (yet):

Jeor

Daemrion

hellosies all!

so i spoke to strike bowling bar at king street wharf today to sort some stuff out.

- i asked us if they would do us a better price because there are a few of us but no joy there. however, apparently if you bowl before 4pm its $10 cheaper. is this a preference or would we prefer to meet for a bowling start of 430, so that we'll be out by dinnertime? (BTW - i will most likely be having a pre-bowling beverage at James Squire pub which is next door to Strike, so we can make that a meeting point in case people get in early what with public transport and all)

- as we have so many lovely people in attendance we will need about 3 lanes. we can book online but unfortunately they only do full payment, not a deposit for Fri and Sat. So, we can either wing it and hope they we get lucky, or, we can book online in a week or two. I'd say if everyone is intending to come for bowling then it may be our better option given the time of year...im happy to pay on credit if people would like to direct deposit the money prior, or we could book lanes in groups and each group is responsible for sorting out the payments etc.

so what do you guys reckon?

Also, i think we should come up with some sort of prize or punishment for the overall best bowler and the overall worst bowler :P maybe in the form of wearing something silly...or having challenges that they have to complete by the end of the night....anyone up for that?

I'm still just a maybe at this stage, this time of the year isn't brilliant for dosh since so many bands and acts tend to start selling their tickets around this time so I'm always skint with nothing to show for it until the end of the year or start of next :(

Right, plane tix now booked - getting to Sydney on Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. FWIW, I'm catching up with ithanos for drinks and probably dinner on Friday night (he's in Syd for a wedding but can't make the meet). So if anyone's at a loose end that night, feel free to come along and meet-up with our (first and only?) Kiwi BwBer.

@stormborne: If it was me I'd probably wing it, but booking is the sensible option. TBH though, I think it would be easier if someone (can be me) just covers the entire amount and then we collect the money on the day. I don't really see anyone who is on the confirmed list bailing at this stage. Any ideas for dinner/drinks/karaoke afterwards? Or is that just needless planning ahead?

And yeah, James Squire pub sounds like a plan hey. At least then I can blame my shithouse bowling on booze.

As for prizes/challenges for best/worst bowler, well that just goes without saying T. Worst bowler has to sing an embarrassing song at karaoke, best bowler gets to choose said song.

@Jebus: That's a pathetic excuse :whip:. If I miss out on Dolly Parton because you can't save a few bob over the course of a month then I might be tempted to boycott this shindig.

@Brades: Damn you and your Don Draper business trips!

Worst bowler has to sing an embarrassing song at karaoke, best bowler gets to choose said song.

that sounds like suitable punishment to me :P Good times ahead!

Oooh and fungi is a definate. Garth (her paretner) is still deciding...a weekend of nerdage in the home alone is very alluring for him.

Other possibles who haven't posted here (yet):

Jeor

Daemrion

ThatGuy

ThatGuy can't make it (the chump).

I'm getting in about 1pm on saturday so I'm keen for pre bowling beers. Hopefully bowling works the same way as pool and after a few drinks your playing improves, definitely don't want to lose with that karaoke punishment :)

I imagine ThatGuy is still paying off his debt from the Silent Auction at Worldcon.

Love the fact that you guys are getting organised with your first proper BWB meet up down there. Wish I had unlimited free time and money to be able to join you for it but good luck and have a great time :cheers:

MG

Well, with fungi now on the list that takes us up to 16 confirmed - pretty damn good effort I would say.

@Neal: If by some miracle I win at bowling and you lose, I'm thinking something like this would be in order for you to wow us with.

I imagine ThatGuy is still paying off his debt from the Silent Auction at Worldcon.

Serves himself right for out bidding me on both items!

Well, with fungi now on the list that takes us up to 16 confirmed - pretty damn good effort I would say.

@Neal: If by some miracle I win at bowling and you lose, I'm thinking something like this would be in order for you to wow us with.

I was thinking if I win and you lose then there's always obvious ones like I touch myself or my heart will go on but I figured

would be far worse.

I reckon anyone who skips on bowling should automatically have to perform Neal's challenge song later in the evening...

Seriously though, if anyone else can only make dinner/drinks and isn't going to be around for bowling at 4:30 pm, it would be good if you could post to let us know - that way we know how many lanes to book.

ThatGuy can't make it (the chump).

I'm getting in about 1pm on saturday so I'm keen for pre bowling beers. Hopefully bowling works the same way as pool and after a few drinks your playing improves, definitely don't want to lose with that karaoke punishment :)

Things have changed in my schedule and perhaps I can make it.

Plus Neal called me a chump and somehow I can't take that coming from him!

I'll chat with Neal to sort out details and try to get my butt down here.

Also, if anyone loses at bowling to me then they have to sing

Wow, steady on ThatGuy, you just doubled your post count in one fell swoop!

But yeah, make sure you get yourself to Sydney for the meet. And stop by the Aussies thread once in a while will you? It's getting pretty horrendous in there atm between my drunk posting, Stub's sledging and Luce's ramblings :P.

Archived