Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

I like Bracken and don't suspect him.

Really? When you said this:

That's a whole lot of nothing of a post and a repeat of Wytheres. Seems a bit early in the game for parroting, perhaps you should keep that av?

I'd thought you'd meant that you found his parroting of Wythers' joke suspicious. (ETA: You're accusing him of parroting and being fluffy and other mean stuff, so it sounded like an attack.)

While allowing Connington to put his foot in his mouth is one thing, actively encouraging it seems slightly mean. Why don't you do some explaining if you're eager to see it posted?

Please clarify just what you mean. I shouldn't ask him these questions because it might make him say something suspicious? I should post all my opinions before asking someone for their own? Did you think my question was disingenuous or forced somehow? Is there something you're seriously taking an issue with here, or are you just being flippant?

Answering this kind of defeats the purpose of my having asked for Connington's opinions in the first place. But obviously, I chose those names because they were players who'd done stuff that stuck out at me in the RP. (Edit: Never mind, I just noticed the list and realized that at least one of them I just threw in for being vocal.) If you want me to attempt a similar ranking so you can better read me, I can.

Can you answer in Iambic Pentameter while you're at it? Much appreciated. Yes, I know I said I didn't like Reyne's poetry. I'm being inconsistent.

Ser, I accuse you of using unnecessary italics to

*drumroll*

drop a not-so-subtle symp clue to Stokewoth. :smoking:

And Reyne seems to know what's going on in the hidden FM base:

Faceless men who plot and encourage the innocent to fight

Stalk the players in their sleep

But hide their true nature in the morning light.

Insider knowledge?

Really? When you said this:

I'd thought you'd meant that you found his parroting of Wythers' joke suspicious. (ETA: You're accusing him of parroting and being fluffy and other mean stuff, so it sounded like an attack.)

I wasn't trying to be mean. :( If you look, he called himself a parrot first, so I was actually parroting him AND there are only 4 minutes between his and Wythers post, so it was likely an original thought, just posted second. I was having a bit of a go at him for voting me (see the "OMGUS is my trademark" comment)

Please clarify just what you mean. I shouldn't ask him these questions because it might make him say something suspicious? I should post all my opinions before asking someone for their own? Did you think my question was disingenuous or forced somehow? Is there something you're seriously taking an issue with here, or are you just being flippant?

I said no such thing. I said he should be watched. I have no idea what you are talking about.

sorry about that. the way you do quotes is confusing.

Reyne, I wasn't accusing you of being mean. :P Just of seeming to be suspicious of Bracken at first. But fair enough.

I said no such thing. I said he should be watched. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Reyne, I was talking to Bracken in that second paragraph, not to you.

(Edit: never mind, you noticed. I'm too lazy to hit reply or multiquote, so I often just copy and paste the text into the message window instead of linking my quotes.)

What's the point? If you want to pressure Swift then fine, but saying you're going to move your vote around a lot takes any pressure straight off.

Braken

Ah, but then it will lull him into a sense of false security. This make any sense to you?

1. Braken, you are Bracken. This is your avatar.

2. Swift, you are Swyft.

Would be nice if both houses would change to their correct name and av before we lynch them.

So kind. You have to love a purist. I love you Tyrell.

I think I would have understood your post better if it had been later on in the game, what coherent conclusions could Connington have possibly drawn at that point? I also have an issue with players who ask too much whilst saying too little themselves, but since all this is much too serious, much too early for my taste I think I was being flippant.

Answering this kind of defeats the purpose of my having asked for Connington's opinions in the first place. But obviously, I chose those names because they were players who'd done stuff that stuck out at me in the RP. (Edit: Never mind, I just noticed the list and realized that at least one of them I just threw in for being vocal.) If you want me to attempt a similar ranking so you can better read me, I can.

No, please don't. Getting a better read on players is something I want to avoid, if at all possible, and you're far too verbose when tickled. I'd much rather just lynch you while you're asleep or something. I'd ask you what your sleeping time is, but I figure it would be against the strict alt rules, so please don't answer this either.

Damn, Tyrell beat me up to 15 minutes. Bra©ken, where did you lose your fourth letter?

I'd blame the mods, but they probably have enough in their plate as it is poor things, so I'll blame Swyft instead. Anyway, all is well that ends well thanks to Tyrell's timely intervention.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Martell (Greyjoy, Grandison)

2 votes for Reyne (Wythers, Connington)

1 vote for Baratheon (Martell)

1 vote for Bracken (Vyrwel)

1 vote for Connington (Swyft.)

1 vote for Strokeworth (Tyrell)

1 vote for Swyft. (Bracken)

1 vote for Vyrwel (Reyne)

3 players have not voted: Baratheon, Crakehall, Strokeworth.

But in all seriousness, Connington, if you want to make the game go more quickly, then instead of making a gambit that loses all its effectiveness when you point a neon sign at it, rate the following players in terms of most to least suspicious, explaining why:

Wythers

Bracken the Bull Who Thinks He's a Parrot

Reyne

Vyrwel

Stokeworth

I'm missing something here as I'm really not sure how responding to your list would make me look more suspicious (as Bracken suggests).

But because I'm always one to tempt fate: the only person on that list that I have an elevated suspicion of is Reyne (and I guess Bracken by association).

My reasons are by no means solid, I just think he reacted a little too seriously to having 4 votes placed on him.

I also dislike it when people say on day one that they 'like' a player and 'don't suspect' them as Swyft Reyne stated about Bracken. I realize I could just be arguing semantics here but early on in the game, everyone's suspicious. I certainly don't see the post where Bracken absolves himself of suspicion. Perhaps Reyne would like to point me towards it?

edit: I meant Reyne, said Swyft

Wrong.

It's "baaah" and you have to quote some rubbish stuff. "Erm" just sounds like you forgot to empty Piddles' litter pan. But keep trying! :thumbsup:

I gave Swyft 2 votes. but now you mention it Piddles hasn't even got a litter tray. I belive she is using your sleeping bag.

Kind of a nervous response to a vote, don't you think, Martell?

Another Martell symp? There goes balance, there... I hope you feel fortunate Martell.

Hmmmh....

I have no time right now and need to think a bit about this. Not sure if "nervous" is the right word here.

*thinks*

I think Martell may have the right of this. Don't think too much, it will make your brain hurt.

I wanted to drop a vote on Braken since sheeps dont like much agressive players especially day one but now its totally gonna look like a Symp/FM reaction lol

Thank you for not voting for me, symp :P

Archived