Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

This might all be true, but I think it's contraproductive to mark two players as unhelpful and dead weight early on day 1 when it's not that unlikely that these two are part of your team. I am myself certainly not fine with seeing less of Martell and Stokeworth if they're innocent.

Being labelled as unhelpful provokes discussion, prompts people to defend themselves and produces interesting things to analyse, and should make the players concerned buck up. And of course it's always nice to lynch evil people rather than innocents, but lynching an unhelpful innocent whose comments merely obfuscate is actually a pretty good consolation for having missed an evil.

*yawns and stretches*

Oh hi everyone.

*scratches self*

Anyone have coffee made?

*hands Crakehall some coffee* While you drink, care to share thoughts on the day so far?

Being labelled as unhelpful provokes discussion, prompts people to defend themselves and produces interesting things to analyse, and should make the players concerned buck up. And of course it's always nice to lynch evil people rather than innocents, but lynching an unhelpful innocent whose comments merely obfuscate is actually a pretty good consolation for having missed an evil.

And hunting the easy game makes you look very useful. Grandison's first post I can see as an attempt to stir some discussion, but the second post gives me the impression that he just wanted to set up Stokeworth as a possible lynch. I just don't see that Grandison actually wants Stokeworth to say something useful or that he is interested in what the sheep is saying. Especially when I compare this with your own efforts to discuss with Stokeworth or Swyft's attempt to communicate with Connington.

Well, I probably should put my money where my mouth is, right?

Vote Grandison

My first impressions are that Martell doesn't look good and Stokeworth looks bad for poor justification of a third vote on him.

I didn't like Martell's first post where he voted for Baratheon and made it very clear it was random. The 'symp clue received' was odd, and he has been posting nothing but filler. The post that bothered Stokeworth (Thinking is dumb) is one of Martell's posts I don't mind and it seems like an easy place to hang a vote without much thought.

For the rest, I'm still trying to absorb it properly.

Well, obviously. I mean, unless you're FM, in which case it would have been real symping. Are you?

Um, do you want us to test this one out? Because honestly I'm considering it.

My post wasnt random crap I posted what I felt and thought. Talking about contribution what have YOU done so far? nothing but throwing shit at the wall to see if any stick. Twisting my words and making wild interpretations of them in an effort to look helpful is not contribution either.

You were fast to defend Martell by having a go at me which was what I pointed at.

I'm rather fond of the shit-wall-sticking method myself.

Maybe I have to go back and reread some stuff but the connective force between you and Grandison's seems to be a mutual (stated) distrust Martell. If nothing else a Martell lynch might give us some telling results.

(And yes folks, I know that's an unhelpful statement... I'm saying it more for my own benefit than anyone elses :P)

You know as well as anyone that things like posts of who hasn't yet turned up or whatever don't serve any purpose in terms of finding suspicious people but can get discussion going, so if you really wanted the serious part of the game to start why didn't you do something like that rather than just whinge (which is doubly pointless)? Feels like you want to get brownie points for wanting seriousness to begin (which, as we all know, is An Innocent TraitTM) but without actually making it happen. What I'm saying is, your attempt to start seriosu discussion rings a little hollow.

Um, sorry?

I didn't really know how to start with the serious stuff... still don't really. Honestly I'm still trying to wrap my head around some of the central conflicts/arguments we're currently seeing.

Also, the first 'serious' poster tends to have to defend his/her decision to go serious right away. So it seems a bit like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario to me.

The only other thing I have noticed is that Bracken deliberately wrote something that could be read as a symp clue. He seems to be playful, ok, but somehow an innocent shouldn't risk risk a potential case (especially when it's ME who is at the delivering end).

Agreed that you look guilty by association here. With the coroner finder I'm currently most considering you or Martell for today's lynch. (Er, slight favor towards Martell for being in the center of TWO conflicting arguments :P)

And hunting the easy game makes you look very useful. Grandison's first post I can see as an attempt to stir some discussion, but the second post gives me the impression that he just wanted to set up Stokeworth as a possible lynch. I just don't see that Grandison actually wants Stokeworth to say something useful or that he is interested in what the sheep is saying. Especially when I compare this with your own efforts to discuss with Stokeworth or Swyft's attempt to communicate with Connington.

Whoa, whoa... Swyft's attempt to communicate with me? Come again?

holy cow, I'm totally late to the party, I have no idea what is going on and as far as I can tell ya'll are just fighting to fight. we're all pussy lovers, now aren't we? do we have to fight to play the game? *sigh* oh, alright...

Meanwhile (reading alt list) - House Baratheon, what you can say in your defence?

hey....HEY! wth? defence of what? I've barely have any idea what's happening, I slept through all the info sessions and am totally clueless. what are ya voting me for?? :tantrum:

Howdy fellow mafia players!

I realize some of you may be new to this most excellent game,

hi! sorry, I kinda fell asleep again after this... I would like some chocolate though!

I am satisfied with the cock.

well, that's kinda suspicious right there... if ya loved the pussy, then... well... you know.

I didn't like Martell's first post where he voted for Baratheon and made it very clear it was random.

exactly. but, it coulda been totally random~it was awfully early... but Tyrell, though... I dunno.

I think I gotta go with Tyrell atm.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Martell (Greyjoy, Grandison, Strokeworth)

1 vote for Baratheon (Martell)

1 vote for Bracken (Vyrwel)

1 vote for Connington (Swyft.)

1 vote for Grandison (Tyrell)

1 vote for Reyne (Connington)

1 vote for Strokeworth (Wythers)

1 vote for Swyft. (Bracken)

1 vote for Tyrell (Baratheon)

1 vote for Vyrwel (Reyne)

1 players have not voted: Crakehall.

like I quoted above, I thought liking cocks instead of cats was suspicious. (and I'm clearly new to the game and have almost no idea what is going on so it seemed like a good a reason as any. I'll catch up soon...)

:lol: Some people go both ways and are very happy. :P (smileys are often used to denote non-serious posts---anything to do with avs or the set up is generally just role playing and is not usually a good indicator of guilt...but some times...)

I've reread the posts between Stokeworth and Grandison and find they both seem to overreact. They take every comment they say to each other way out of porportion, but they don't carry this behavior to other players---only each other. That bothers me. It makes it look a bit deliberate.

As things stand now, I think they make for partners that are trying a little early distancing and would help lynch either of them.

We should lynch one of them and test this therory. Stokeworth

edit: how the hell did I get the wrong quote?

For those who are around right now, any opinions on the Tyrell/Bracken exchange? Is it just innocuous banter? The lack of commentary on the subject makes me feel like I'm missing something.

I made a collection of posts that (out of context) bothered me and Tyrell had several, including that exchange, but they seem less scummy in context. It has put Tyrell on my watch list (ok, so just about everyone is on this list, but he's in the top half).

I find it useful reading the posts both ways to see if maybe I am missing something.

I've reread the posts between Stokeworth and Grandison and find they both seem to overreact. They take every comment they say to each other way out of porportion, but they don't carry this behavior to other players---only each other. That bothers me. It makes it look a bit deliberate.

As things stand now, I think they make for partners that are trying a little early distancing and would help lynch either of them.

That seems like a very risky proposition for the FM. It puts two of them --perhaps the only two-- in a position where they'd be the center of attention for day one votes.

Mega potential to backfire... I just don't see anyone but the most confident FM attempt such a feat. No slight to either Stokeworth or Grandison but I just don't see either of them being that confident.

edited to come off more coherently :P

:lol: Some people go both ways and are very happy. :P (smileys are often used to denote non-serious posts---anything to do with avs or the set up is generally just role playing and is not usually a good indicator of guilt...but some times...)

We should lynch one of them and test this therory. Stokeworth

edit: how the hell did I get the wrong quote?

Arent you being a little bit hasty to get to conclusions? As I confessed, it was a misreading of one of his posts not that I was taking his words out of proportion deliberately. I didnt react the same way to others because I noticed my careless reading and didnt want to make the same mistake again. Still I think I have shown consistency with my treatment of others as you could see it with my replies to Wythers for example.

I'm not liking the distancing theory - people often clash for whatever reason. I think Grandison can be see as a bit sharp, but Stoke over-reacted. Out of the two, I think you chose the right one at least. Do you have a reason to suspect Stoke over Grand in this scenario because if this is the only reason you're voting Stoke, I think it's a poor reason.

That seems like a very risky proposition for the FM. It puts two of them --perhaps the only two-- in a position where they'd be the center of attention for day one votes.

Mega potential to backfire... I just don't see anyone but the most confident FM attempt such a feat. No slight to either Stokeworth or Grandison but I just don't see either of them being that confident.

edited to come off more coherently :P

It has happened before...now we're smarter (or more parinoid)

I don't habe another suspect at the moment, but your point is valid. What stands out to me is that they don't react to others this way. Could it be a set up by one of them to get the other lynched?

Arent you being a little bit hasty to get to conclusions? As I confessed, it was a misreading of one of his posts not that I was taking his words out of proportion deliberately. I didnt react the same way to others because I noticed my careless reading and didnt want to make the same mistake again. Still I think I have shown consistency with my treatment of others as you could see it with my replies to Wythers for example.

Yes I am, but we have lots and lots of time left. Like Bracken said, the votes are likely to change a few times before the day ends.

Nearly every vote cast so far has been hasty (in the grand scheme of things)

I'm not liking the distancing theory - people often clash for whatever reason. I think Grandison can be see as a bit sharp, but Stoke over-reacted. Out of the two, I think you chose the right one at least. Do you have a reason to suspect Stoke over Grand in this scenario because if this is the only reason you're voting Stoke, I think it's a poor reason.

So what theories do you have?

Baratheon's response below is my dislike of Martell's first vote.

exactly. but, it coulda been totally random~it was awfully early... but Tyrell, though... I dunno.

Of course it was random, hardly anyone had posted at that point and you certainly hadn't. He didn't even attach it to a joke about your avatar or anything. It was just out of the blue and the part that actually bothered me was that he made a point of making sure we knew it without actually saying it.

From your point of view, it should be obvious that it was random as you have nothing to hide, right? Your answer almost makes it sound like Martell got something right, but only by random chance.

For those who are around right now, any opinions on the Tyrell/Bracken exchange? Is it just innocuous banter? The lack of commentary on the subject makes me feel like I'm missing something.

The only thing that even makes me think twice about this is that Tyrell used smilies to say, 'I'm not guilty, you?'. I have an innate distrust of people using too many smilies. :P (Hey, I said too many, not any at all.)

So what theories do you have?

No theories so far, just general suspicions. Right now I am looking at Stokeworth, Martell and Tyrell. Something about Tyrell is not sitting right with me but I haven't pinpointed it. Connington is kind of up there too.

Archived