Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

So, Reyne:

I'd give him a chance to improve his play

Gee, thats mighty nice of you. What makes you think I am capable of "better" play? and who made you the teacher who grades us?

This is as good as it gets

If the community thinks my play is not up to par, I will stop playing.

Thanks for taking that out of context. (likes you less now)

Come, lets be honest here.

You answer this:

How have I not been original? I liked Bracken when no one else did.

in reference to this:

I like Bracken and don't suspect him.

at that moment I wasn't under any kind of attack. Someone had asked you if you suspected me or Connington and you answered. Are you really trying to say it's an example of 'being original´? How?

Come, lets be honest here.

You answer this:

in reference to this:

at that moment I wasn't under any kind of attack. Someone had asked you if you suspected me or Connington and you answered. Are you really trying to say it's an example of 'being original´? How?

I did not copy any one else, which I was accused of.

No one else said they liked you, so yes, that makes it original, even if no one else said ANYTHING about you.

I think we need a players dictionary or something because I seem to have different ideas about things.

(edit for clarity)

Gee, thats mighty nice of you. What makes you think I am capable of "better" play? and who made you the teacher who grades us?

This is as good as it gets

If the community thinks my play is not up to par, I will stop playing.

Sorry if I offended you.

Evidently, I didn't mean your play in general (I am almost as bad at alt-guessing as Bracken). I just wanted to say that your contribution at this particular day is far from optimal and you need to try harder to avoid lynch.

Same is right for me, of course. I fully realize I also need to improve my own play to avoid lynch.

We all have our good and bad days... and we all happen to be evil sometimes, which often messes our play.

Sorry if I offended you.

Evidently, I didn't mean your play in general (I am almost as bad at alt-guessing as Bracken). I just wanted to say that your contribution at this particular day is far from optimal and you need to try harder to avoid lynch.

Same is right for me, of course. I fully realize I also need to improve my own play to avoid lynch.

We all have our good and bad days... and we all happen to be evil sometimes, which often messes our play.

Seriously, pointing out where a person has drawn wrong conclusions is fine, tell them to contribute more is fine but to tell anyoone they are not playing good enough is just plain wrong. You have no ideas about peoples abilities (unless you know all the alts and all the skill sets of everyone).

I wasn't lying when I said I am playing my best. I always play my best. If it has gotten to the point where those like me are not good enough to play, or made to feel that way, then this might explain why it has been so long since our last game and why so many people are reluctant to play anymore. [/ends soapbox]

How have I not been original? I liked Bracken when no one else did. I refuse to accept your recant when most others did. Seems original to me.

I admit to being on the fence with Connington. He seems off, but at the same time a bit too over the top for an FM.

Please show me examples of me copying others.

I am going out on a limb here and going to disagree with just about everyone.

When I read stokeworth's "confession" I saw several things including a pattern of behavior from the past.

I read his recant, and let me say, I don't believe it.

I pretty much felt that way.

Again, Connie is speaking with my voice here. I may have missed all the action when it happened, but even on reread I feel this way.

I've known one who has done it more than once (maybe not always on day one)

Sorry Stokeworth, but my vote is staying. Unless there is much better proof, he is our best day one lynch. I want the innocents to win and am not above lynching someone throwing a fit, then taking it back.

There are enough players who still suspect me after my confession to make your suspicion look not at all original. So you are not disagreeing with jus about everyone here.

Additionally in my book, one liners such as I pretty much feel the same way or Connie is speaking with my voice here is not original thinking.

There are enough players who still suspect me after my confession to make your suspicion look not at all original. So you are not disagreeing with jus about everyone here.

Additionally in my book, one liners such as I pretty much feel the same way or Connie is speaking with my voice here is not original thinking.

By the time I read your confession and retration, all the people there had already taken back most of their suspicions of you. I was willing to NOT unsuspect you.

Look, you took a risk, and in my opinion lost. We will not get past your tantrum confession. You will eventually be lynched for it. Better today than later in the game, IMO.

Trying to deflect onto me will not save you.

By the time I read your confession and retration, all the people there had already taken back most of their suspicions of you. I was willing to NOT unsuspect you.

Look, you took a risk, and in my opinion lost. We will not get past your tantrum confession. You will eventually be lynched for it. Better today than later in the game, IMO.

Trying to deflect onto me will not save you.

Im not trying to deflect anything to anybody, If I wanted to do that I wouldnt raise hell like that on myself. Now you are speaking with the voice of the nation? who is we? why would I eventually be lynched for it?

Im not trying to deflect anything to anybody, If I wanted to do that I wouldnt raise hell like that on myself. Now you are speaking with the voice of the nation? who is we? why would I eventually be lynched for it?

It's just the way the game goes. You can't take back what you said. It will hang over the game until you are lynched, so for the good of the innocent team, EVEN IF YOU ARE PART OF IT, it is best to lynch you as soon as possible so we can move on to other subjects.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Connington (Martell, Strokeworth, Crakehall, Bracken)

3 votes for Strokeworth (Wythers, Reyne, Grandison)

1 vote for Grandison (Tyrell)

1 vote for Martell (Greyjoy)

1 vote for Swyft. (Vyrwel)

3 players have not voted: Baratheon, Connington, Swyft..

One player is having computer differculties and has asked to be replaced. I do not have a replacement on hand.

If anyone reading this wants to act as a replacement then PM me now.

That seems like a very risky proposition for the FM. It puts two of them --perhaps the only two-- in a position where they'd be the center of attention for day one votes.

Mega potential to backfire... I just don't see anyone but the most confident FM attempt such a feat. No slight to either Stokeworth or Grandison but I just don't see either of them being that confident.

edited to come off more coherently :P

Connington here you, before my confession, see little chance of me being FM, do you still hold to that thought? Im asking since this post of yours was made just an hour before my confession which after that you were fast to conclude Im guilty despite the above post. Now that you are sure Im evil according to Reyne's reasoning Grandison is guilty as well, So what are your thoughts on Grandison?

Swift: can you please explain your reason for removing your vote from Stokeworth? Look at the exchange below and see why I have a problem. You clearly believe that if Stokeworth is innocent that he would continue to be a distraction. Why keep a possible evil player around?

Ok you got me I'm evil, fuck I knew I couldnt get past day one, happens everytime I get an evil role. :thumbsdown:

...You know, I've been distracted by something off-site all evening and putting off trying to write a big catch-up post.

And one of the first things I'd wanted to say was, "Actually, guys, I think Stokeworth might be innocent, because he seems genuine in his responses to Grandison, and looks like he just isn't the best debater or brightest bulb. And all these cases partnering Stokeworth with the world seem paranoid and silly."

Once again, my scumdar fails horribly.

Stokeworth

If you're innocent, then I am personally never playing another game with you again for pulling this stunt. But I'm not going to take shit like that as a joke.

So you're saying you get lynched all the time on D1 as evil? You've never made it past D1?

Since Stokeworth hasn't taken the chance to correct himself, I'm going to act as if he's 100% confirmed evil. As in, if he flips innocent, I'll assume he's a symp.

What's funny is I totally would have voted Martell or Bracken or someone like that had he not confessed. Seriously, I had a pretty strong town read on him. There's a paranoid voice in the back of my mind saying that he could be a selfish and whiny innocent throwing a temper tantrum at us for voting him, because it made no sense for him to give up like that when Martell was a viable lynch. But like Connington said, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I think it's a hammer after two more votes. Do people think we should continue the day just to let others weigh in and have more discussion time, or just end his misery?

Crakehall, I'd believe it was a joke coming from someone like Baratheon who's based all his reasoning on stuff like avatar jokes, or someone who's been crazy and impulsive all game.

But Stokeworth has been defending himself consistently and made cases (albeit iffy ones). Clearly he knows how the game is played.

This was a horrendous move regardless of his alignment, but some players (particularly inexperienced ones) fold under pressure like that when evil.

Since there's no innocent motivation for him to make a claim like that and LIE about his alignment, I'm going to assume he decided to give up. When innocents give up, they don't claim scum and not clarify themselves when people take them seriously.

He COULD be a symp throwing away his life to protect a master, or...

WAIT! I saw bomb on the role list. Maybe he's a bomb! In that case...nah, we'd still need to lynch him, since he's not getting NK'd.

I don't suppose there's any way to stop a bomb, is there? If there's anyone we widely agree is innocent, we could keep them off the mob and force the scummier players to vote him (so as to restrict his shot).

I'm fine with more discussion...but after the game where an FM was accidentally outed by the mod as evil on D2 AND STILL SURVIVED TO ENDGAME, I refuse to overthink this.

Well I saw an opportunity and I took it, A good few players were putting me in their strongly suspicious list all of a sudden, mostly those who hadnt contributed much to look helpful, so I wanted to see how would they react, yea I know it sounds pretty lame but everyone of us plays it differently. Im going to bed in a few minutes. I would understand if yall lynched me.

...So are you claiming that you're innocent now?

I knew this baseless suspicion on day one would hunt me for the rest of the game and I really didnt want that. Well I know Im innocent so I could read between the lines of the reactions to find some clues so I could use them in case I did survive the day, if not it could be a useful source for the innocence for the rest of the game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Why...why...WHY....

AAAH!

I don't know if that was the most ingenious or dumbest plan ever.

I am probably an idiot for falling for this, but...

Remove vote

Fuck...I don't even know what to make of this. I don't like, for example, how Crakehall was so middle-of-the-road on the reveal (as if he knew it was fake). And it would have been much more informative if the other players hadn't gone quiet.

Look at your comments I have highlighted. Please explain why you have removed vote. You even say you are likely wrong to do so.

Connington, could you explain what the possible symp clue was? And please, I want Connington to answer for himself - I am trying to figure something out.

Dude, he had a whole exchange with Tyrell about symping and fake symping and how if Tyrell was FM he was his symp, otherwise not (somewhere around post 100).

To sum up my thoughts thus far, as is obvious from my previous post (at least I hope so), Connie was on my radar prior to Stokeworth’s reveal, both for actions on his own and for his interactions with Reyne.

I hate cases that hang on the existence of connections that aren't there. I didn't find much in your argument that was worth addressing as most of it involved conspiracy theory about me and Reyne.

you and Connington seem like you're trolling for votes... why would you do that? unless its a twisted way to look innocent. seems strange to me.

People keep bringing up my early day one antics as if it has some sort of significance. Truth is, I was really excited to be playing mafia, the thread was a little quiet, and I just wanted a little attention. Is that so wrong? :P

And this seems off to me too. Why so concerned about suspicion you might garner tomorrow?

The point I was trying to make was that I'm NOT worried about tomorrow, I'm focused on today.

Today we have someone who claimed FM and everyone is just letting it slide. Yes, he could just be an innocent who pulled a halo, but I've yet to see more compelling evidence today about someone's guilt than self-confession.

I seem to have different ideas about things.

I'm happy to leave it at that.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

4 votes for Connington (Martell, Strokeworth, Crakehall, Bracken)

I'm currently voting Tyrell and not Connington (whom I said I'd rather not lynch...).

One other thing I would like to point out:

At the time of Stokeworth's "confession" he only had 3 votes. Martell had 3 votes and some suspicisions as well.

Look at the vote count now. Martell only has one vote. He clearly seems to have benefitted from the chaos Stokeworth caused.

Still, I don't think 3 votes is enough for anyone to freak over, so this whole distration worries me that we are missing something.

I believe 100% that we need to lynch Stokeworth.

Anyone have any reason we should NOT do so?

edit: typo

Connington here you, before my confession, see little chance of me being FM, do you still hold to that thought? Im asking since this post of yours was made just an hour before my confession which after that you were fast to conclude Im guilty despite the above post. Now that you are sure Im evil according to Reyne's reasoning Grandison is guilty as well, So what are your thoughts on Grandison?

I wasn't saying either of you looked innocent, I was saying that a Grandison-Stokeworth distancing play seemed rather unlikely. Either one of you on your own could be a killer.

It is day 1.

3 votes for Connington (Martell, Strokeworth, Crakehall)

1 vote for Tyrell (Bracken)

vote count corrected. Sorry Bracken.

Archived