Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

The sheep won't realize, but that's a 50:50 chance that you're evil.

Hmmmmhhhhhhhh......... :idea:

Yeah. Normally it would depend on whether you were mafia in the last game (I mean, you're not gonna be mafia twice in a row, it's just impossible) but we haven't played in a while, so it's back to just being 50:50

Incidentally, I don't think there's any reason to believe Reyne is a symp (any more than anyone else...) but bad poetry should always be punishable by death: Reyne

Howdy fellow mafia players!

I realize some of you may be new to this most excellent game, and others I'm sure are pretty rusty after not playing mafia for a long time.

I, am House Bracken, the renowned master of mafia. I can perform vote analysis so fiendishly cunning it can out the craftiest FM even if everything the players have been doing thus far is RP and joke votes so awful you wish you were a ninja so you could kill the offender and put yourself out of your misery.

My unquestionable talents, however, have slowly but firmly wrought decadence and decline in this game I much love. 'What's the point in playing if Bracken is just going to win again?' they said. 'How can we ever compete against his superior intelligence? Isn't it better we just lie down and die?'. The new players who joined the game looking for some jolly intellectual sport found themselves quickly overwhelmed by my blinding brightness, and, discouraged by their repeated defeats, would wander away, aiming to perhaps prove themselves in different games against rivals of lesser intellectual prowess.

This is a sad state of affairs, so to remedy it and give you all a chance, I've decided to play poorly this time round. I'm so amazingly good I'll probably win regardless, but to you it will seem like I was making an effort, and that's always heartening, or so I'm told.

So, to start off, I will look at the first serious attempt at deduction someone makes, shred it to pieces and vote for the poor soul who dared breach our merry day one nonsense. This is both easy and poor play, so it will allow you a chance to point it out! *wink wink*

Let us see...

Conclusion: only 2 houses don't have animals on their coats of arms. They are our killers. Lynch Martell today and Tyrell tomorrow. Or reverse. Game solved. Can I have some of that chocolate?

I also want to inform our evil mods that I am names Greyjoy and not Geryjoy. :P

No, no good this zoological approach, no chocolate for you...

Guys, guys! This is a totally serious vote, which I am sure has just nailed an FM-symp combination.

Vyrwel follows Reyne's lead by singing his own ballad. Just to make his message all the clearer, he refers to Chocolate Reyne.

Then Reyne responds with his own song. Signal received. He even votes for Vyrwel afterward--a subtle distancing maneuver from his own symp.

Everyone knows symp clue cases are always infallible.

Reyne

No, I can detect a faint trace of sarcasm here, I don't think this is a serious attempt at mafia either.

Hmmm...

Well I'll leave a vote on Reyne for his poetry and lie in wait, then.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Incidentally, I don't think there's any reason to believe Reyne is a symp (any more than anyone else...) but bad poetry should always be punishable by death: Reyne

:blushing: My heart runnith over with the joy of mafia. My appologies that my skills don't match emotions. :P

Howdy fellow mafia players!

I realize some of you may be new to this most excellent game, and others I'm sure are pretty rusty after not playing mafia for a long time.

I, am House Bracken, the renowned master of mafia. I can perform vote analysis so fiendishly cunning it can out the craftiest FM even if everything the players have been doing thus far is RP and joke votes so awful you wish you were a ninja so you could kill the offender and put yourself out of your misery.

My unquestionable talents, however, have slowly but firmly wrought decadence and decline in this game I much love. 'What's the point in playing if Bracken is just going to win again?' they said. 'How can we ever compete against his superior intelligence? Isn't it better we just lie down and die?'. The new players who joined the game looking for some jolly intellectual sport found themselves quickly overwhelmed by my blinding brightness, and, discouraged by their repeated defeats, would wander away, aiming to perhaps prove themselves in different games against rivals of lesser intellectual prowess.

This is a sad state of affairs, so to remedy it and give you all a chance, I've decided to play poorly this time round. I'm so amazingly good I'll probably win regardless, but to you it will seem like I was making an effort, and that's always heartening, or so I'm told.

So, to start off, I will look at the first serious attempt at deduction someone makes, shred it to pieces and vote for the poor soul who dared breach our merry day one nonsense. This is both easy and poor play, so it will allow you a chance to point it out! *wink wink*

Let us see...

No, no good this zoological approach, no chocolate for you...

No, I can detect a faint trace of sarcasm here, I don't think this is a serious attempt at mafia either.

Hmmm...

Well I'll leave a vote on Reyne for his poetry and lie in wait, then.

Good luck to the rest of you!

That's a whole lot of nothing of a post and a repeat of Wytheres. Seems a bit early in the game for parroting, perhaps you should keep that av?

and you don't get to decide who eats me my chocolate. :P

That's a whole lot of nothing of a post and a repeat of Wytheres.

It's also a whole lot of bad poetry. I thought it would stop after the first post (which wasn't all that awful). Imagine my dismay!

Seems a bit early in the game for parroting, perhaps you should keep that av?

I'll be parroting quite a lot of people in this game, I'm trying to restrain from both original thought and reading other people's posts attentively in order to give you guys a chance.

and you don't get to decide who eats me my chocolate. :P

Ah... but you see, it's my chocolate.

Anyway, that accusation of parroting seems serious enough to me, so I'm going to vote for you Reyne...

Oh wait, I already am! I wanted to engage in some obvious OMGUS but you beat me to it! Well played, Ser, well played!

It's also a whole lot of bad poetry. I thought it would stop after the first post (which wasn't all that awful). Imagine my dismay!

I'll be parroting quite a lot of people in this game, I'm trying to restrain from both original thought and reading other people's posts attentively in order to give you guys a chance.

Ah... but you see, it's my chocolate.

Anyway, that accusation of parroting seems serious enough to me, so I'm going to vote for you Reyne...

Oh wait, I already am! I wanted to engage in some obvious OMGUS but you beat me to it! Well played, Ser, well played!

But OMGUS is my trademark. :P And I am "chocolate reyne" :lmao:

Damn it!

Why can't I get someone to cast suspicion on me? I'm bored, over-eager to get this game rolling and have nothing better to do than attempt to dig myself out of a hole of my own making! Someone vote for me!

Hmm, maybe I should go make post keeping track of who has yet to show up or something equally as pointless...

Damn it!

Why can't I get someone to cast suspicion on my? I'm bored, over-eager to get this game rolling and have nothing better to do than attempt to dig myself out of a hole of my own making! Someone vote for me!

Hmm, maybe I should go make post keeping track of who has yet to show up or something equally as pointless...

Writing bad poetry seems to be a good way to get votes. :thumbsup:

*sigh*

If it really makes you happy, Connington. Oh my God, you lazy opportunistic sheep, you're placing a fourth serious vote on someone and putting him in danger of a premature lynch.

Ooh, ooh! Can someone please vote me now for making an opportunistic vote that was very easy and safe to justify because you asked me to do it?

But in all seriousness, Connington, if you want to make the game go more quickly, then instead of making a gambit that loses all its effectiveness when you point a neon sign at it, rate the following players in terms of most to least suspicious, explaining why:

Wythers

Bracken the Bull Who Thinks He's a Parrot

Reyne

Vyrwel

Stokeworth

Reyne, do you actually suspect either Connington or Bracken? Did you think Connington's fourth vote was serious?

*sigh*

Reyne, do you actually suspect either Connington or Bracken? Did you think Connington's fourth vote was serious?

I like Bracken and don't suspect him.

Connington bothers me. He seems to be trying too hard to get attention, to want votes. I know it is day one still, and we've been horsing around up until now, but Connington seems off somehow. I don't think he is an FM though. Drawing this much attention to himself would be way too risky (imho).

I'd watch him though.

Would that be the right half or the left half?

Definitely the unfunny one.

btw, I hate when both our avs are used in the same game...we look a bit a like at first glance.

The obvious solution would be to lynch one of you. It would explain Connington's vote too!

Ooh, ooh! Can someone please vote me now for making an opportunistic vote that was very easy and safe to justify because you asked me to do it?

Or for parroting Connington, either suits Swift.

But in all seriousness, Connington, if you want to make the game go more quickly, then instead of making a gambit that loses all its effectiveness when you point a neon sign at it, rate the following players in terms of most to least suspicious, explaining why:

While allowing Connington to put his foot in his mouth is one thing, actively encouraging it seems slightly mean. Why don't you do some explaining if you're eager to see it posted?

I'm switching my vote to Swift. I'll probably switch my vote around a lot this game, I think it's appropriate.

Can you answer in Iambic Pentameter while you're at it? Much appreciated. Yes, I know I said I didn't like Reyne's poetry. I'm being inconsistent.

While allowing Connington to put his foot in his mouth is one thing, actively encouraging it seems slightly mean. Why don't you do some explaining if you're eager to see it posted?

I'm switching my vote to Swift. I'll probably switch my vote around a lot this game, I think it's appropriate.

What's the point? If you want to pressure Swift then fine, but saying you're going to move your vote around a lot takes any pressure straight off.

Braken

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Braken, Connington, Crakehall, Geryjoy, Grandison, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swift, Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Reyne ( Wythers, Connington)

1 vote for Baratheon ( Martell)

1 vote for Braken ( Vyrwel)

1 vote for Connington ( Swift)

1 vote for Martell ( Geryjoy)

1 vote for Strokeworth ( Tyrell)

1 vote for Swift ( Braken)

1 vote for Vyrwel ( Reyne)

4 players have not voted: Baratheon, Crakehall, Grandison, Strokeworth.

House Braken is free to swicth his/her Av to the correct one.

Greyjoy's spelling int he vote list will be corrected when the vote counter stops updating.

Archived