Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

Crakehall, I'd believe it was a joke coming from someone like Baratheon who's based all his reasoning on stuff like avatar jokes, or someone who's been crazy and impulsive all game.

But Stokeworth has been defending himself consistently and made cases (albeit iffy ones). Clearly he knows how the game is played.

This was a horrendous move regardless of his alignment, but some players (particularly inexperienced ones) fold under pressure like that when evil.

Since there's no innocent motivation for him to make a claim like that and LIE about his alignment, I'm going to assume he decided to give up. When innocents give up, they don't claim scum and not clarify themselves when people take them seriously.

He COULD be a symp throwing away his life to protect a master, or...

WAIT! I saw bomb on the role list. Maybe he's a bomb! In that case...nah, we'd still need to lynch him, since he's not getting NK'd.

I don't suppose there's any way to stop a bomb, is there? If there's anyone we widely agree is innocent, we could keep them off the mob and force the scummier players to vote him (so as to restrict his shot).

I'm fine with more discussion...but after the game where an FM was accidentally outed by the mod as evil on D2 AND STILL SURVIVED TO ENDGAME, I refuse to overthink this.

Well I saw an opportunity and I took it, A good few players were putting me in their strongly suspicious list all of a sudden, mostly those who hadnt contributed much to look helpful, so I wanted to see how would they react, yea I know it sounds pretty lame but everyone of us plays it differently. Im going to bed in a few minutes. I would understand if yall lynched me.

If you are innocent, you need to fight harder than that. So this was intentional and not a joke gone horribly wrong. What exactly did you expect to accomplish that would be positive?

I knew this baseless suspicion on day one would hunt me for the rest of the game and I really didnt want that. Well I know Im innocent so I could read between the lines of the reactions to find some clues so I could use them in case I did survive the day, if not it could be a useful source for the innocence for the rest of the game.

In case you did survive the day ... a day you confessed to being evil.

OK, what are your impressions so far out of the 4 (I forgot Baratheon was here) who actually saw this before you retracted? If you're gonna make a case, I'm pretty sure it should be today.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Why...why...WHY....

AAAH!

I don't know if that was the most ingenious or dumbest plan ever.

I am probably an idiot for falling for this, but...

Remove vote

Fuck...I don't even know what to make of this. I don't like, for example, how Crakehall was so middle-of-the-road on the reveal (as if he knew it was fake). And it would have been much more informative if the other players hadn't gone quiet.

In case you did survive the day ... a day you confessed to being evil.

OK, what are your impressions so far out of the 4 (I forgot Baratheon was here) who actually saw this before you retracted? If you're gonna make a case, I'm pretty sure it should be today.

So far I suspect the rooster, he is too keen to lynch me while we still have like 12 hours, he mentions he wouldnt play another game with me if I was innocent which is total BS since we play on alts. Then this

Since Stokeworth hasn't taken the chance to correct himself, I'm going to act as if he's 100% confirmed evil. As in, if he flips innocent, I'll assume he's a symp.

I mean he is either in a hurry or just wants to get over with lynching an innocent as fast as possible. same can be said of Connington to a degree.

Connington wanted to vote you out and erase you from the game, innocent or not because you made a bad play - how is that a better reaction then Swyft's refusal to believe your innocence after you confessed? At least he had an opinion. Connington's was pure dismissal and relief that we got an easy place to focus our votes.

Look, he's either an innocent who through a temper tantrum or a bad guy who through a temper tantrum. Either way it was a move in poor spirit... I say we don't prolong the inevitable.

I'd have more to say about possible connections, or reasons why he might of felt so much pressure that he revealed but I don't think it's really in the spirit of fair play to analyze such things. I suggest we all carry on as if Stokeworth was never part of the game (just my opinion).

What inevitable? Who would you vote for if I hadnt revealed? why should people listen to you and carry on like I wasnt part of the game?

Connington wanted to vote you out and erase you from the game, innocent or not because you made a bad play - how is that a better reaction then Swyft's refusal to believe your innocence after you confessed? At least he had an opinion. Connington's was pure dismissal and relief that we got an easy place to focus our votes.

Yea I addressed that in my previous post which was posted simultanously to yours.

So wait. Your brilliant plan was to claim to be evil, and then decide that the people who voted you for it were evil?

Obviously I was foaming at the mouth to lynch you after that. Because I thought you were confirmed scum! I think it's far more suspicious for someone to immediately assume you're joking, because only scum know your alignment. So I think Connington comes across better in the exchange than Crakehall and Baratheon do.

(Fine, the "never play with you again" thing was partly hyperbolic--although it's possible to spot people even through alts, that's all I'll say. But yes, if you hadn't posted the retraction and plausible explanation for that claim, and just sat back and let yourself be lynched, I'd have given you an earful in Spoiler Heaven, and made it very clear that I didn't find you welcome in this community unless you promised to respect other players enough not to let your team down like that again.)

Connington will be happy that I now have a concrete reason to vote for him. I do believe he was fishing for something to say when he brought up the Tyrell/Bracken interaction. He hasn't answered a direct question about it when asked, even though he was pushing me to find something concrete. I think his reaction to Stokeworth is, as I said, relief that we have a safe place to funnel votes. He said his thing, then left, not caring if Stoke was going to come back to try and explain this or not. He can now safely place his vote and has an excuse to not contribute any more today. His willingness to overlook Stokeworth's contributions, even thought he had been the center of a lot of discussions, is perhaps fear that we will find something to connect them.

Connington

So wait. Your brilliant plan was to claim to be evil, and then decide that the people who voted you for it were evil?

Obviously I was foaming at the mouth to lynch you after that. Because I thought you were confirmed scum! I think it's far more suspicious for someone to immediately assume you're joking, because only scum know your alignment. So I think Connington comes across better in the exchange than Crakehall and Baratheon do.

(Fine, the "never play with you again" thing was partly hyperbolic--although it's possible to spot people even through alts, that's all I'll say. But yes, if you hadn't posted the retraction and plausible explanation for that claim, and just sat back and let yourself be lynched, I'd have given you an earful in Spoiler Heaven, and made it very clear that I didn't find you welcome in this community unless you promised to respect other players enough to follow the rules.)

I dont care wtf you think of my plan, atleast I stirred shit up. And no my plan wasnt to suspect people who voted for me but those who in my opinion did it in a suspicious way.

Mind you, Connington's reaction was a bit middle-of-the-road, too. It still felt kind of sincere to me. In spite of my poking him early on, I've never been that suspicious of him.

I'm basically spinning in WIFOM now.

So in other words, this whole thing was a complete waste of time that I could have spent trying to actually catch up on the game and find suspicious behaviour. It probably makes Stokeworth innocent, though, for how willing he was to put himself out there, so well done to him for saving his skin.

Stoke, it's nice that you want to vote Connington and all, but you didn't address anything. You asked a question, which I had already pointed out prior to our cross-post and then place a vote without commentary.

I don't know what to make of you.

Swyft, I think your reaction is a bit visceral. Just because you were foaming at the mouth lynch-ready, doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same.

Obviously - you were telling us exactly why you should be voted for early in the day. I don't like you constantly poking this. If/when I find something (like above), I will post it. I won't do it for your entertainment.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Probably, but if you have nothing on me, why mention me at all as a suspect?

I probably would have let this slide had you said something more substantial than 'gut' reasons. The way it looks to me is like you're setting me up for further suspicion down the line, perhaps for some good ol' fashioned scapegoating.

Fuck...I don't even know what to make of this. I don't like, for example, how Crakehall was so middle-of-the-road on the reveal (as if he knew it was fake). And it would have been much more informative if the other players hadn't gone quiet.

Agreed on Crakehall. Everything about his reaction seems a little off to me, like he was looking for a way to stem the tide and get Stokeworth off. But then again, your vote retraction looks a little suspicious to me as well.

So far I suspect the rooster, he is too keen to lynch me while we still have like 12 hours, he mentions he wouldnt play another game with me if I was innocent which is total BS since we play on alts. Then this

I mean he is either in a hurry or just wants to get over with lynching an innocent as fast as possible. same can be said of Connington to a degree.

Dude, I'm keen on lynching you BECAUSE YOU REVEALED AS A FRIKIN' BAD GUY!

Nothing, nothing is going to convince me we have a better day one lynch option than you.

Swyft, you're clearing Stoke that easily? I'm not, he's just on hold until we get some more reactions. He could easily have made that post, regretted it, then tried to salvage it or at least stir up some confusion.

And btw, stirring shit up is not always productive in and of itself.

Archived