Official Boskone Thread

Stego

Boskone fast approaches and the metropolitan Boston area trembles in fear.

So let's get to the heart of the matter, shall we? Who is coming, and who is not?

At the moment the list of attendees from the BwB includes the following:

Dajamieson

Ghost of Nymeria

CDOT

Stego

Lady Stego

Racebannon

Padraig

Frisco

Cocoman

Yagathai

Balefont

DaveAx

Stilgar

X-Ray The Enforcer and husband

Sorceress of Neverwords and beau

Regina (and husband?)

Just found out that Neil from Clarkesworld Books is also coming.

I know there are others, but I'm having a bad memory day. After the travesty that was Vericon, we really need to do better.

I have a party room reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. Now I did this without any financial help, or any guarantee of said help. I can't really afford this.

I'd appreciate it if those coming could help out a bit, but of course it isn't required. If anyone else wanted to donate a couple of bucks towards the party, that would be cool, too. PM me or something.

Also, would anyone like to design a poster we could put up around the con to advertise the party? I know there's a lot of you artist types.

Come on people....we have an obligation to show GRRM a good time after those Harvard people screwed everything up.

I bow in awe to this most wonderful thread and its creator. Unfortunately, I cannot attend Boskone and have no idea how to be there and help if I can't come. I shall wither away in shame for being useless now

:)

Boskone fast approaches and the metropolitan Boston area trembles in fear.

So let's get to the heart of the matter, shall we? Who is coming, and who is not?

Stego: I'll be there. I can't speak for other Philly-area folks, but I believe a few of them are planning to attend.

Stego, you just got to put the law down sometimes.

If you are in the BwB, aka reading this now, and plan on attending any Boskone functions, please be willing ready and able to slap some cash into stego's hand when you see him. Thank you :)

Also, bring some booze.

Stilgar is coming.

Dave, do you need a ride? Im driving.

I can pick you up at 30th street.

Thanks, the offer's much appreciated, but I'm flying. I got cheap tix on Airtran, which leaves an extra day of vacation time for Worldcon.

Stego, you just got to put the law down sometimes.

If you are in the BwB, aka reading this now, and plan on attending any Boskone functions, please be willing ready and able to slap some cash into stego's hand when you see him. Thank you :)

Also, bring some booze.

Both booze and cash are on my standard packing list, dollink, as if you didn't know that already! <EG>

And I'll also be bringing a set of the pics from Glasgow. (Many of which have already made it to my Flickr site: www.flickr.com, search for "BWB" and see what you find...)

Oh, yeah, and a copy of The New Yorker issue with an article about the Yank who just bought Manchester United, for the delectation of that footie-fan hubster of yours...

Satisfied now?

Stego -- I'll be there (with the Mister) and we'll happily slap some cash and a few bottles of hooch in your hands (I'll PM you for details). May not arrive until late Friday (work, and all that), but will be amped for parties all around.

and I still owe you a vitamin post...this weekend, I swear.

My husband and I still plan to get to Boskone. As real life keeps getting in the way, I doubt we'll be able to stay overnight, however, which means of course missing the parties. :cry: I still have some hope that will change, and we can find the means to stay over one night (more likely Friday). At the very least, we should be attending the con during the day on Saturday, and hope to finally meet some BWBers for the first time!

Stego: If circumstances do allow us time to attend your parties, we would of course be happy to donate a few dollars to the cause. And if we are able to stay in Boston overnight, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to help with set up or clean up (I'm a bit of a neat freak, which can come in handy sometimes, lol). Sorry not to be able to tell you more yet, but I'll keep you posted as I know more myself. Maybe we will be able to iron out the details this weekend...

Stego - the BwB can handle a $500 donation (thanks to the efforts of our Worldcon '05 crew) - I can have someone bring the cash and hand it to you, instead of paying paypal costs... does that work for you? Hope that helps... this is a well-attended con and deserves backing.

Archived