College Football something something

davos

On a 'FUCK YES GO DUCKS' note, the U of O has been doing these motivational videos for the games for the last couple of seasons, and while some aren't that great

. I love the Chip Kelly quote at the beginning.

So starting in 2012 Hawaii is joining the MWC for football only. Considering Nevada and Boise State (and Fresno State actually) are all joining the MWC as well, I gotta think that if Utah and TCU weren't leaving then the MWC would be gaining an automatic BCS berth. They still might, this is 3 current top 25 teams all joining.

Mmm, good point. I actually had forgotten it was on and found it flipping channels. But it's freaking terrible, there must have been seven fumbles, at least four of which were lost, in the first half... and I don't think I've seen a completed forward pass yet.

Lost amongst the news that Will Muschamp is taking over at Florida is the news that Randy Shannon is joining the staff at Kentucky. I'm pretty excited, I think he can really help the recruiting at UK.

I never thought the "coach in waiting" tag would be enough to keep Muschamp at Texas.

Least interesting Heisman in recent memory. When they released the finalists, the answer was pretty much a given - no way that one of the guys from the West wins when three of four are out of that region.

Hoping the Heisman jinx plays itself out this year in the NC game. Go Ducks.

I imagine the NFL labor situation will also come into play. Why go pro early when there is a decent chance of their being a lockout. Be a star of Stanford versus sitting around and doing nothing. Guy seems like he cares about the academic side of things. The labor situation could also get Harbaugh to stick around for at least one more year (now if Michigan comes calling, we'll see).

Archived