Westeros Blog: Belfast Trip: Part 3

Westeros

Continued from Part 2.

Before we headed off to Paint Hall, though, we dropped by Fire and Blood production office. There, I finally got to meet Bryan Cogman, script editor for the series and right-hand man to the executive producers, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. I’ve sort of seen him as a kindred spirit, as he’s basically of keeper of the lore of the setting for the production, and is responsible for envisioning many of the little details that show up in the nooks and crannies (like a certain hefty book with a rather dry text). Bryan was very warm and welcoming, and didn’t seem to notice that I was looking past his desk at the concept art on his wall featuring things such as designs for Winterfell as well as a part of a storyboard of a very important scene (Bryan would later tell me that in many cases these were very early concepts and were no longer what was envisioned, but he kept them around because he liked how they looked).

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

You, Sir, are evil. That is a cliffhanger on par with the master himself.

The word "tower" sends all sorts of alarms blaring in my head, even though I'm sure there is more than one tower in this series (starting with Bran's climbing...). Still, are we allowed to squee fangirlishly? ^^

Archived