Belfast Minimoot 1

Qthulhu

Hi folks,

You're all cordially invited to the Belfast MiniMoot next month!

We'll be invading the Beer Tent at the Continental Market in the grounds of City Hall.

http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/events/christmascontinentalmarket.asp

There's a range of interesting shops and stalls, but most importantly there'll be roast pig on a spit and boar burgers! I will try to organise someone to smuggle in my mead, (don't get too excited, I'm certain it has more than just honey and water sadly) although there's a good selection of beers in the tent, with decent mulled wine and mulled cider in the general vicinity.

Because of the nature of tent invasion, I anticipate needing an early start to secure a spot. Anyone who wants to be part of seatwarming detail may feel free to show up for first crack at smuggled mead - so if you like mead it could work out well for you! People will drift in as their jobs permit, giving us time to expand and conquer.

We've chosen THURSDAY 16TH DECEMBER. There should be plenty of pig and boar for everyone. We'll be forced out at 10pm, but there are plenty of local bars we can rotate ourselves to, should anyone want to stay out longer. Expert local sherpas can be arranged to get people back to their hotels in one piece.

Now the important parts!

There are no plans for cast and crew, and I wouldn't get hopeful. This is mostly just Brotherhood folk eating exotic meats and forcing Joe to fill his horn with (not quite) mead. Likely be some discussion on doing bigger things in the future.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling, add your name if you like the date, if you'd like it moved then make that known also.

Thanks!

EDIT - Edited with the latest!

Potential guest list

EdricStorm

Morchaint

Silverjaime

GameofThronesJoe

Giant of Lannister

DrNickVC

Inigo

Rimshot

ezeqiel

Wyvernwood

pj818

THE ALL IMPORTANT PLAN B

In the event you can see noone you recognise at the tent, and time's wearing on, grab a burger and go to the ground floor of Robinsons.

Sat 4th is fine unless anyone wants a Thursday night?

The good thing is we could meet earlier like before - and keep seats in the beer tent. We're looking for volunteers to go on the hog sandwich run! And lots of xmas shopping can be had for those of us early birds with nothing to do.

I wouldn't expect any cast or crew, this is just a mini-moot, but it'll be good to start the Belfast chapter of the BwB with a Xmas shindig! Anyone able to do a suitable pin for the occasion would be great!

Turns out I'm not ok for 4th. Bummer!

Seems quite a few have other stuff on the Saturday night - maybe the following Thursday (9th) would suit people better? Or any other dates (not 3rd or 17th!!)I mean we can't have a mini-moot without the best extra ever!!!!

I'd obviously approve of any possible date move that would benefit me staying longer than 2hrs with mead & boar!!!

How much swing do you have with the dates Qthulhu? I don't want to cause any hassle at the same time, so if Sat 4th is the best fit then my 2hrs will have to made full use of!

I presume any mid-week date will bring along problems with the need for annual leave/time off, particularly for those coming from farther afield, so would a Friday night be viable? My thinking would be that 9-5er's would have the Saturday off for recovery and any early attendance (and bench-warming & meadin') would mean the minimal amount of time off from the "real" job, but would not be necessary for everyone.

Anyways, Qthulhu has went to the trouble to get this ball rolling, so I don't want to throw a load of spanners in the works with dates/times and mess with others better plans - if the 4th it is then I'll make it suit, albeit we'll be Rimshotless (and he's pratically a cast member!) :)

Archived