NFL Vol. 6

Spring Bass

And you're right. You defeated the Bills by three points. Congrats.

Just wanted to defend this little defensive tidbit from Rockroi by mentioning that this Bills team put up 34 points on the Ravens defense two weeks earlier. The most points against a Ravens defense since December of 2007. The team may be 0-8, but they're no joke.

The Fox NFL Power rankings list the Giants as 1 and the Jets as 2. Is it too early to be thinking about an all New York Superbowl?

Way, way, way too early.

Every year both teams are doing well people start talking about it, like the year Brett was a Jet, and things always fall apart. Let's at least wait until both have clinched playoff spots.

Besides while I would ritually sacrifice the firstborn of a close friend to see the Jets back in the Superbowl, I really don't care who there opponent is at all.

The Giants aren't even the best team in the division, never mind the NFL. Not sure how you put teams that have gotten blown out in their only 2 games against quality opponents as the best in the league.

The Jets hardly got blown out in their 2 losses. But I do agree that their 2 losses were the only games they played against quality opponents.

The Jets hardly got blown out in their 2 losses. But I do agree that their 2 losses were the only games they played against quality opponents.

I was talking about the Giants in that case but I agree the Jets probably shouldn't be #2 either. The only complete game of football they've played so far is against the 0-8 Bills. They certainly have the talent as they've shown at different points in the season but they haven't been able to put it all together yet.

Who is better than the Giants in their division?

Philly? They're really inconsistent and have a fairly poor running game, with or without Vick. Beating the Colts by 1 point when they're down to walk-ons at receiver is not a huge feat.

Washington? Uh...

Dallas?

I agree that the Giants haven't played anyone of note and done well against them, but they're doing very well right now. Vick is doing good, but he's yet to go up against anything special (beating the Jaguars and Lions is not incredible). Both of them lost to the Titans too. Dunno; I'm yet to be super impressed by the Eagles.

I do think the Packers are probably better than either of them on paper, but they continue to kill themselves in interesting ways when the chips are down.

The Pats weren't a quality opponent?

The Fox NFL Power rankings list the Giants as 1 and the Jets as 2. Is it too early to be thinking about an all New York Superbowl?

You're welcome to think about it, but it's far from likely. The Giants look strong but haven't seen a lot of stiff competition yet. So we'll see. I expect the Giants will win the division and (along with the Falcons/Saints South winner) have a bye. From there, who knows? Too much football left to know who will be playing well at playoff time.

The AFC is much stronger. The first tier of Ravens, Steelers, Pats and Jets all have a legit shot at a championship. Second tier teams like the Titans and whoever comes out of the West are also dangerous.

I wouldn't give any team in the AFC better than 3 to 1 odds of getting out of the conference.

The Giants aren't even the best team in the division, never mind the NFL. Not sure how you put teams that have gotten blown out in their only 2 games against quality opponents as the best in the league.

Tangential to the actual question, but hasn't the Giants Defense knocked at least 4 QBs out of games so far?

The Packers are still the team to beat in the long run I think when it comes to the NFC...

ESPN has the top 5 as:

1. Ravens

2. Steelers

3. Falcons

4. Giants

5. Jets

That seems about right to me, though I could easily see the Steelers ranking higher than the Ravens, but as a Ravens fan I'm glad they aren't. I guess it comes down to the Ravens having beaten the Steelers in their match-up earlier this year.

Is Cincinnati the hardest luck team out there right now? They have a ton of talent, but just don't quiet seem to get it done. Still, they did beat the Ravens, which shows they can play with the big boys, but their record just doesn't bare it out and now they've got the Colts next.

ESPN has the top 5 as:

Is Cincinnati the hardest luck team out there right now? They have a ton of talent, but just don't quiet seem to get it done. Still, they did beat the Ravens, which shows they can play with the big boys, but their record just doesn't bare it out and now they've got the Colts next.

Not just hard luck, but even a TO who seems to have not made a single national headline. Maybe the T Ocho Show has been a good outlet for him to channel any negative thoughts into...

Thought this was interesting - there's a referenced piece by Mike Reiss on how much the Patriots miss Moss. And while they're doing okay in the win-loss category, they're not doing nearly as well offensively.

That might not matter if their defense keeps getting better, but it's at least statistically clear that their offense was better with moss than without, even if Moss wasn't getting a ton of yards.

TO has to be the front running for comeback player of the year. He's already matched his 2009 receptions, surpassed his 2009 Yds, and surpassed his 2009 TDs. He got his 150th TD last night.

Edit: LT should also get consideration.

You're on Heroin if you don't think it's EJ Henderson. 54 tackles, 2 interceptions (doubling his career total), and a forced fumble after that gruesome injury last year? He's going to have a great year, possibly the best of his career. And he wasn't even expected to PLAY.

You're on Heroin if you don't think it's EJ Henderson. 54 tackles, 2 interceptions (doubling his career total), and a forced fumble after that gruesome injury last year? He's going to have a great year, possibly the best of his career. And he wasn't even expected to PLAY.

I wasn't really considering defensive players but your right. I thought I was going to be sick when they kept replaying that injury. The Vikings defense still sucks though. They're the 2nd most dissapointing unit in the NFL today. The 1st is the Chargers special teams.

The Vikings defense still sucks though. They're the 2nd most dissapointing unit in the NFL today. The 1st is the Chargers special teams.

I think the Chargers Special Teams are so bad that they should qualify as worst AND second worst.

Archived