The 24th Footy Thread

MercenaryChef

You did miss players, that is true. It really showed as well, what with Sunderland creating zero chances in the entire 90 minutes of play. Talk about being overrun.

I seem to remember 1 or 2 chances. Van Der Sar had a save from Zenden and Ferdinand and Vidic put in some good blocks. I thought Vidic was class, he's a really good defender. He always seems to play brilliantly against us though, I think we struggle against that kind of defender.

And there's something wrong with Bent, he's not as sharp as he was at the start of the season. There was one moment when Zenden turned Carrick and played a good ball to Bent. Normally, he'd just have taken a touch and then shot. But he took one bad touch, then another while cutting inside and the defender was able to clear. Unusual.

But Rooney looked very sharp, it's only a matter of time before he scores from open play again if he continues that form. Giggs was excellent early on but then faded away.

As for the game tonight, Chelsea are really off form :stunned: But a full-strength Arsenal are as good as anyone really. Fabregas playing well, Nasri is always dangerous, etc.

BTW, for incredble misses, the Greek miss linked above is bad, but this is worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLylizGmDs&feature=related

I missed a goal a bit like that once when I was a kid. I dropped the 'keeper with a fake, dribbled around him, then popped it off the post and wide.

Child Nasrudin's player stats:

Creativity: 20

Composure: 0

Archived