TEN new publicity photos

Werthead

Those who've been here 8 years or better might recall me referring to Daenerys as an "inbred little hillbilly chick". Now, look at that photo and tell me she couldn't be the big sister of the banjo boy in "Deliverance", only lucky enuff to have all her senses. Even the outfit would work down in the "Holler". Lololololol

Seriously, the pics look great and thankfully, they removed the spoilers. The object is to interest new fans, ya EW idjits. Not ruin the series for them

Awesome - looks f-ing great!! Cheers Werthead. Casting looks excellent. Only disappointment is Catelyn, she should kinda be more of a babe (too bad that original actress dropped out). But that's OK, there are so many excellent roles...

Tyrion, Ned, Jaimie, Robert - spot on. Cersei, Jon, Bran look great too. Wish there were some shots of Arya and Sansa. Based on the casting they should be pretty good too.

I agree Ned looks exactly like Boromir. Well it suits him.

Hey, that's Sam in the first pic (no mention of him in the caption) hehe - cool!

Meh. It will come out in the first episode anyway.

I fear it will be difficult to keep the relationship between Cersei and Jaime secret. But hopefully they can contain it somewhat. I take it for granted now but I was shocked when I read the big reveal the first time and it would be nice for as many viewers as possible to feel the same way.

OTOH, whatever about knowing about that relationship, hopefully the specifics of the actual ending of Episode 1 will be kept under wraps.

Edited to add. Not sure about Catelyn needing to be a "babe". They have aged up the characters after all.

I agree Ned looks exactly like Boromir. Well it suits him.

Yeah, and Ned and Boromir as portrayed on the screen both look exactly like Sean Bean! That's freaky :P

Actually, I agree with you that it suits him and I'm none too worried about Ned/Boromir comparisons. Just a happy coincidence that he happened to play both characters ;)

The pix look great!

The Mance,

It'll come out in the first episode, yes, but it's sort of the BIG reveal, and many people think and hope (and I suspect HBO and the producers are among them) that that reveal will lead to water cooler and the establishment of the show as "must see TV". So keeping it in a shroud of secrecy seems the safest bet.

EW has redacted the spoilers from the on-line stuff, more or less, so it's all good now.

I fear it will be difficult to keep the relationship between Cersei and Jaime secret. But hopefully they can contain it somewhat. I take it for granted now but I was shocked when I read the big reveal the first time and it would be nice for as many viewers as possible to feel the same way.

Well of course it was a "No Shit?" moment for me as well, but maybe the strategy for marketing a new show allows for sacrificing a few big plot reveals here and there. If HBO thinks they can draw in additional viewers by letting slip that they might be treated to some deliciously forbidden perversion for their time, more power to them, I say.

Just imagine that for every one of us long time fans thinking, "Doh! Spoiler!" there are five or ten or a hundred potential DVD box set purchasers thinking, "Incest! Hmmm?"

Not sure about the Arryn banners bearing golden moons-and-falcons. But I like Tyrion's lion-shaped golden ring. And although I'm really surprised how regal and cool Lena Headey looks as Cersei, shouldn't she be a little more regally dressed. She is tremendously rich, and there she does neither wear Lannister crimson nor the royal colors.

The only spoiler that I object to strongly is the Cersei-Jaime relationship. The rest is pretty mild.

Thankfully, they had the good sense to not give away the Cersei-Lancel scene that is taken shot-for-shot from Rome (Titus Pullo and Cleopatra). Newcomers to the series should experience that as the author intended.

I have not understood. :unsure:

Meh. It will come out in the first episode anyway.

Well, lets just hope that the actor playing Lancel has the vocal range for all the animalistic shrieks and growls.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You made my day.

If I remember Ran's post correctly, the actor who plays Lancel is now aware that there's a demand for him to FLD. I can only hope he'll take that advice to heart.

Well of course it was a "No Shit?" moment for me as well, but maybe the strategy for marketing a new show allows for sacrificing a few big plot reveals here and there. If HBO thinks they can draw in additional viewers by letting slip that they might be treated to some deliciously forbidden perversion for their time, more power to them, I say.

That's an interesting point. In EW they still mention incest but they don't tell us which family is partaking. Three families are introduced in those pictures, so people might think it is the Targaryens. Amusingly enough. :)

But as I said, I do think the news will creep out. As you suggest, its too interesting to ignore and journalists will want to talk about something specific. But hopefully a lid can be kept on, so most people will still go in unsure of what is going on. I think it is important to keep secret what the incest leads up to though. That's when things get really interesting. But HBO might use the incest angle itself as a marketing tool. I can't rule that out.

And although I'm really surprised how regal and cool Lena Headey looks as Cersei, shouldn't she be a little more regally dressed.

I think she looks brilliant as Cersei but given that picture is from Winterfell, she may not have brought her best clothes to that misbegotten place. :P

I live in Prague and I can tell you 1/4 of all the old guys here look like Robert. Hehehe.

What about Jon? Should he lose that moustache? Its not bad...

Jamie looks so damn cool, too bad he's not more central in the first book.

Dany sure looks hot. Well, she can boost the ratings a bit :leer: I always picture her wearing more colorful attire... something to separate the East from Westeros.

I think the incest thing is not a spoiler. But what *really* would be a spoiler is Joffrey's parentage. Hopefully that will be kept under the wraps.

But hopefully a lid can be kept on, so most people will still go in unsure of what is going on. I think it is important to keep secret what the incest leads up to though.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if the incest even counts as a spoiler any more than any other distinguishing character dynamic we are introduced to throughout the series. We are basically introduced to it at the first opportunity plot wise, so its hard to say that GRRM ever meant to surprise us with it. In comparison, while the Jaime/Cersei incest is surprising, learning about the relationship between Littlefinger and Lysa would be way more spoilerific.

And again, its something that everyone is going to know after the first episode anyway. So if HBO needs to sacrifice a few short lived secrets to draw in potential long term viewers, I'm okay with that.

Archived