TEN new publicity photos

Werthead

Er.... it's not that Ned "looks like" Boromir or "looks like" Sean Bean. It's that the costumes are extremely similar and thus invite comparison. I think they could've mixed it up a bit so as to not do so.

Unless they actually *want* to invite comparison...

Yea i pictured Jon with shorter hair and certainly no 'stache.

The only casting that hurts a bit is Catelyn... she's a fairly central figure in this first book so we'll be seeing a lot of her. She just looks too homely for me - that in combination with her protective personality might be a bit much. I dunno we'll see.

I think Ali Larter would have been the perfect Cersei. Jamie looks alright but somehow I pictured him as more feminine in appearance. I wish Tyrion was a little uglier. I like John Snow but he does look much older than I imagined him looking at the beginning of the first book. I'm not sure how I feel about Catelyn. I don't know about Daenerys either, somehow I pictured her as having a haughty look but this girl doesn't seem haughty.

Very excited about Khal Drogo!

I wish Tyrion was a little uglier.

I was gonna say Tyrion should be uglier too. I always pictured something like Gimli. But Dinklage really is nearly perfect. Maybe its just that awesome pic of him.

Edit: lol, just realized that pic of Tyrion is at the Eyrie with his jailer (prolly someone already identified this)

Agree with those saying Jon shouldn't have a moustache. When I first saw it in the trailers I didn't like it, and I still don't. I know in the books it's mentioned he grows a beard while he's beyond the wall, but why did they give him that little moustache while he's still in Winterfell?

Also is it just me, or are Cersei's eyes brown in the picture? I wanted to see her piercing green stare on screen. And while Jaime looks incredible, shouldn't his armour be white? Judging by the crown on his breast plate, that is the Kingsguard armour. Then again in the books it only mentions him wearing golden armour, until he loses his hand. And his eyes should be green like Cersei's, but meh I'm poking at straws.

Very pleased and impressed with the pictures over all. Can't wait for 2011:)

I was gonna say Tyrion should be uglier too. I always pictured something like Gimli. But Dinklage really is nearly perfect. Maybe its just that awesome pic of him.

I've got a bit of a problem with the shape of his head but then what I imagined wasn't entirely human. :lol:

So if HBO needs to sacrifice a few short lived secrets to draw in potential long term viewers, I'm okay with that

I think you can divide the audience into 3. The first will know practically nothing about the series except for a few clips they'll have seen before hand. I imagine this will be the majority of the audience? They will watch it because its HBO.

The next set will have seen a few articles. Might have seen some of the "Making of". Generally a bit more aware of what the show is about. A large minority of the audience I imagine. This is the set we are arguing about I think. They may or not be aware of the incest depending on how HBO market it. (I don't think its that bad but i'd like to shuffle as many people into category 1 as possible myself).

And then we'll have the set of people that know a lot about the show. Read numerous articles. Seen numerous things on TV about it. These will know about the incest because it just will crop up inevitably. In EW or somewhere.

I know in the books it's mentioned he grows a beard while he's beyond the wall, but why did they give him that little moustache while he's still in Winterfell?

In the books he is only 14 at the start of aGoT. A moustache isn't really an option. In the TV series he is 17. And moustaches are the trend it seems (Ned, Robert etc). Similarly Catelyn. She is around 40 now. The mother of 5. In medieval times. She couldn't look too glamourous (unless they wanted to amp up the fantasy elements).

And while Jaime looks incredible, shouldn't his armour be white?

A lot of small things like this have been changed. All-white armour doesn't work that well on camera apparently. So its gone. I think they have picked a very nice alternative.

I don't know about Daenerys either, somehow I pictured her as having a haughty look but this girl doesn't seem haughty.

As the series goes on, we probably will see more of that haughty look. :)

Got my EW in the mail today. Sadly, the spoilerish captions are accompanying the pictures, but there are a few different pics included in the magazine. Sansa and Lady walking (maybe in the traveling camp on the way to KL?), Ned and Arya(who looks amazing!), in what looks like Castle Darry, Tyrion with a Baratheon shield as big as he is, and a different picture of Cersei. Lena Heady and NCW's eyes definitely look green in my magazine, but I could just be projecting what I think I should be seeing. :P

...I love the lion ring of Tyrion...

...Also, I really like the chair that Cersei is sitting in.

The ring...? A freakin chair...? This is why I love this board. Having dismantled every word of the series, each photo is now microscopically examined. When I read posts like these, I scurry back to the photos. There was a ring?! What was it about about the chair? Wait... What chair?!

Once again, you guys deliver. :thumbsup:

Got my EW in the mail today. Sadly, the spoilerish captions are accompanying the pictures, but there are a few different pics included in the magazine. Sansa and Lady walking (maybe in the traveling camp on the way to KL?), Ned and Arya (who looks amazing!), in what looks like the Winterfell feast,

Think this might be the scene at Darry (in the book) on the trip down to King's Landing. Eddard looks like he is arguing, and, as a poster at WiC pointed out, Illyn Payne is there (to Arya's left).

Tyrion with a Baratheon shield as big as he is,

Don't think it's a Baratheon shield; has a horse on it, not a stag.

and a different picture of Cersei at the feast.

Somebody at WiC supposed Cersei is at King's Landing in this pic. Don't know, but a lot of gold in the background; doesn't look like Winterfell.

Lena Heady and NCW's eyes definitely look green in my magazine, but I could just be projecting what I think I should be seeing. :P

Can't tell with NCW, but Lena's eyes definitely look brown to me.

Think this might be the scene at Darry (in the book) on the trip down to King's Landing. Eddard looks like he is arguing, and, as a poster at WiC pointed out, Illyn Payne is there (to Arya's left).

Don't think it's a Baratheon shield; has a horse on it, not a stag.

Somebody at WiC supposed Cersei is at King's Landing in this pic. Don't know, but a lot of gold in the background; doesn't look like Winterfell.

Can't tell with NCW, but Lena's eyes definitely look brown to me.

Alright showoff. :P I posted them here anyway. The res is poor, but the pics are up for speculation.

Archived