TEN new publicity photos

Werthead

Can I just ask, for fear of sounding stupid; is EW actually sold in the UK, or is just my local town that is so backward to not have it in any stores? The people in WHSmiths hadn't even heard of it and just looked at me as if I'd sprouted wings or something.

EW is an American publication. You probably could find it in certain high-profile newsagents in London, maybe, or perhaps at some airports, but it'd be unusual to find a copy elsewhere.

EW is an American publication. You probably could find it in certain high-profile newsagents in London, maybe, or perhaps at some airports, but it'd be unusual to find a copy elsewhere.

Yeah I know it's American, hence my asking if it is actually sold in the UK; but I figured that even though it's from the other side of the Pond, they might sell it, it can't be worse than some of the drivel they sell. lol. My dad comes back from Libya at the end of the week so I could always ask him to have a gander as he rolls through the airport.

I suspect larger locations would be the place to look. Also, online -- I'm guessing the issue they'll have for sale in 3 days will be the correct one.

Ah awesome; if my dad fails me (:D) I'll order it from there. Danke muchly.

Am I the only one who thinks the sets look cheezy? I mean the costumes are meh, the hair is pretty dreadful (especially on cersei and dani) but the sets just look really bad. Not all of them, but most of the indoor ones. I don't know, I will with hold judgment until the series comes out, but I get the feeling that I'll be pretty disappointed. Please don't rip me a new one.

Having been on set, well, it all looked quite amazing to me eye. And to the eye of an experienced TV reporter who had been on a lot of TV show sets before, and told me they had never seen anything so elaborate before.

You may well be disappointed in the production values, but I suspect you're going to be in a very small minority in that regards.

I will with hold judgment until the series comes out, but I get the feeling that I'll be pretty disappointed. Please don't rip me a new one.

Why be disappointed? If you already think the show isn't going to suit your tastes, you ought to be able to calibrate your expectations accordingly. Hollywood has been making bad movies and television almost since the invention of film, so it wouldn't be nothing new. Anybody who has every followed a book adaptation and the fans' response to it can guess that at least a portion of the fans will hate it no matter how it turns out; if they do it one way, it'll annoy some fans, if they do it another way, it'll annoy a different group of fans. *shrugs*

Just a note to say for those in the UK, you can order the EW issue from newsstand.co.uk. It's issue 1130 with Jake Gylennhaal and Anne Hathaway on the cover. :) Not sure if they deliver elsewhere or not.

I didn't notice Ilyn and Jory in the Ned/Arya pic until someone mentioned it above, OMG! Ilyn looks fantastic!

I didn't notice Ilyn and Jory in the Ned/Arya pic until someone mentioned it above, OMG! Ilyn looks fantastic!

Jory (pretty sure it's him anyway) is also in the King Robert picture (last guard on the right). He wasn't in the version of the pic that was on EWs website as that had been cropped.

Archived