London BwB Redux

Paxter

BillyJ, if you're still planning on making it for 6 and can't recognise me, I'll be wearing a blue jacket with the word Munchen printed in white letters on the front.

It would have been helpful if I'd read this message before I left for the meet, but I still managed to identify you eventually ;)

It was nice meeting you, I hope we see back in the UK sometime fairly soon.

Glad you got home OK red snow - MCGeek and I are currently drinking away what remains of the evening :cheers:.

Very enjoyable meet-up all things told, was great to finally meet BillyJ who is a really great bloke :thumbsup:.

MCGeek reckons he's won the alcoholic Ashes, and I hate to admit it but he's probably right...

I noticed how when I was on my last pint of the night, McGeek clearly thought the night was merely beginning and started ordering sambucas to go along with the pints. The alcohol ashes were clearly on.

Where did you end up? Or are you still drinking? :)

We went to Pax's hostel bar. £3 shots, £2 Snakebites. The lad doesn't do pints after 11pm, apparently.

If it weren't for that pesky thing called "work", we might well have been still at it!

Was it "hungover Friday" at your place today? I guess this is another of perk of self-employment. That or you are immune to alcohol.

Was it "hungover Friday" at your place today? I guess this is another of perk of self-employment. That or you are immune to alcohol.

Having completed the Monopoly Board Pub Crawl (including stations) last weekend, I'm starting to wonder about the immunity...

Really, though, I'm just good at dodging the worst of the after-effects.

What gets to me most is the next day's tiredness, caused less by the Demon Drink, more by insufficient, poor-quality sleep .

Though as it happens, my job has no supervision, and I'm free to structure my day pretty much however I want. So if I am indeed under the weather, for whatever reason, I can work around that.

Archived