Westeros Blog: Amanda Peet on Game of Thrones

Westeros

Description sparse on this, as it appears to be region blocked so only those in the U.S. (and possibly Canada) can get a look at it. In any case, here’s an amusing interview with actress Amanda Peet, who happens to be executive producer David Benioff’s wife, trying to explain what her husband’s latest project, HBO’s Game of Thrones, is about. Because it’s off-the-cuff and because Fallon is a joker, well, there’s a few amusing stumbles.

Starts at the 25 minute mark:

Visit the Site!

Man, I love her. I saw her in another Neil LaBute play several years ago. She was excellent, despite having only had about a week or so to prepare for the role when I saw her because the original actress dropped out at the last minute. I guess guess it's safe to say that LaBute liked working with her.

Maybe Dave should sit her down and go over the same pitch he used with HBO so she has it clear in her mind next time she's on Letterman or Leno, or something. :P

I was flipping around on the TV last night and timed it perfectly to see her just as the issue came up.

It was cute to watch, even if my cat kept looking at me like I was nuts for trying to help people on the screen.

Nah. Don't take it seriously. I thought it hilarious. It was clearly done for laughs. And all publicity is good publicity.

The audience will see a lot more info about the show before it airs.

And Amanda Peet is wonderful even when she is failing to pitch a show properly. You can't lose with her.

• 1 month later...

Amanda was just on David Letterman tonight, promoting her upcoming movie, and she managed to mention Game of Thrones in the interview. No real description given as she was at that time talking about being in Belfast and Frankie going to school there. But she did mention it was on HBO and coming in April.

Archived