Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

So would this game's hider die if they targeted a killer?

Why do you ask, Reed?

Of course, they won't include a suiciding role into ten-players game.

That's serious vote, by the way. Since nobody is interested in playing House Westerling vanilla game, we may go strightly to looking for our evils as well.

Why do you ask, Reed?

That's serious vote, by the way. Since nobody is interested in playing House Westerling vanilla game, we may go strightly to looking for our evils as well.

Because I want to know. Duh.

I think it'd be wacky to include a suicide role too, but if it didn't include the auto-kill, I don't see why the mods can't have just called it the coward. Thus the want for clarification.

Because I want to know. Duh.

Well, if you had this role, you would probably ask mods for clarification via PM. If you were innocent with another (or no) role, you would probably dismiss such a role as unlikely.

Your question fits as either idle curiosity or a sort of role-fishing by a guilty. If it's the former, sorry; but there is a decent chance of the latter, and we haven't seen anything suspicious but this yet.

I don't know if I'd go that far. A suicide role is a lot riskier in a 10 person game, but it could still exist. If I'm doing my math right, it's ok to have a suicide role in a smaller, even-numbered game. Because it's an even numbered game, we have one person we can lose without reducing the amount of days we have to find the FM. If we have a hider and he or she screws up, that makes it a little harder for us to win by reducing the number of innocents, but does not lower the number of days we have. I'll write out the numbers if you want.

If we do have a hider, I hope he or she also notes the diminishing returns on the role. Each day the hider will have a smaller chance of not hitting an FM or the FM's target. I'd recommend only using their ability on night 1, CI'ing whoever their target is if they're alive on day 2, and ignoring their ability after that. Best way to use that role IMO.

/math!

Well, if you had this role, you would probably ask mods for clarification via PM. If you were innocent with another (or no) role, you would probably dismiss such a role as unlikely.

Your question fits as either idle curiosity or a sort of role-fishing by a guilty. If it's the former, sorry; but there is a decent chance of the latter, and we haven't seen anything suspicious but this yet.

I don't think using a self-killing Hider is all that unlikely, just wacky. As Vance says, we're playing with evens here, but also that it would function as an risky finder, but one that would be pretty irrefutable. We have a CF to prove that a dead Hider was innocent, so such a role is quite the powerful one if they played their cards right and we knew their target. Pretty big IF there though.

No need for apologies. We're at page one, so I say you ought to jump at shadows however much you like! I mean, what else are we going to do? Start a band?

It is day 1.

10 players remain: "Blue" Estermont, "Brown" Tarth, "Green" Connington, "Indigo" Frey, "Magenta" Westerling, "Orange" Fossoway, "Red" Ashford, "Violet" Reed, "White" Vance, "Yellow" Bolton..

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

1 vote for "Brown" Tarth ( "Green" Connington)

1 vote for "Indigo" Frey ( "Brown" Tarth)

1 vote for "Violet" Reed ( "Magenta" Westerling)

1 vote for "Rainbow" Targaryen

7 players have not voted: "Blue" Estermont, "Indigo" Frey, "Orange" Fossoway, "Red" Ashford, "Violet" Reed, "White" Vance, "Yellow" Bolton..

Uh-oh. Looks like the evil mods are starting their revolution early, by replacing the word House in the vote count with colours. You lot had better move fast and catch these guys before it's too late...

I don't know about that. When I read the role description I pretty much took it as meaning that if they hit a FM they'd die. I didn't even consider the fact that we're playing in a small game. In other words I think it's just a simple question. Perhaps youWesterling are the one suspicious for trying to over-analyze what the perfect innocent reaction to the role description would be, no? :P

Why do you ask, Reed?

Can you explain your suspicion better? Because I don't see it. How is it role fishing if the question was asked to Targ?

No need for apologies. We're at page one, so I say you ought to jump at shadows however much you like! I mean, what else are we going to do? Start a band?

Don't like this post. I hate exclamation points. Seriously, they always look fake, like the person is trying to come off as light hearted.

Your response to Westerling gives me the impression that you want to avoid conflict.

Can you explain your suspicion better? Because I don't see it. How is it role fishing if the question was asked to Targ?

Well, not role-fishing in usual sense. Not trying to know particular player's role, but trying to know if particular role was given to any player or omitted.

Archived