Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

I wish you guys had paid more attention to my posts, once you figured out that Ashford was evil. I'm really not sure how you could have cleared Frey. He was pretty obvious as Ashford's partner.

Been thinking about Frey. Let's break down his day 1 votes for a second. Imagine he's evil. What was his motivation?

Starts with a vote for Ashford. Is very wishy washy about both Ashford and Vance, the 2 top suspects. Then, near the end of the day, he drops the hammer on Vance, when the vote count was 5 for Vance and 4 for Ash. Claims that he thought we were running out of time, even though by his own account we had 20 minutes left (and in reality we had something like 40 minutes left).

Why move that vote?

Evil and Ashford partner - The motivation here is clear. He voted Ash to create distance, because he was afraid Ash might get lynched. Then, when an opportunity presented itself to lynch somebody else, he jumped on it. His claim that he thought were running out of time could be the cover for his true motive. This definitely fits if Ashford is evil.

I did get a feeling that Ashford's suspicion of Frey seemed...forced.

It starts with a reaction to Frey suspecting Ashford and asking for Ashford's suspects on day 1 -

Followed by this on day 2 -

Then the vote -

An attack on Frey after Frey rereads Tarth but doesn't offer many thoughts -

Maybe I'm just reacting to the difference in tone from Ashford. He usually seems pretty friendly, but he's much more aggressive in some of his posts toward Frey.

Tell me about it.

It just didn't make any sense. Ashford was caught in multiple lies. I got her on day 1. Fossoway got her today, which really sealed it. And Tarth also caught her in a lot of inconsistencies today. She was clearly evil.

I would have at least understood if there was a tough decision between Reed and Frey on day 4. I could see an argument either way there, though I personally thought Frey stood out as the more likely partner. But to not lynch Ashford today? I just don't get it.

As I said if Frey is guilty I'd be disappointed. It's not cool getting pissed off about someone calling him out about his posts lacking substance and using RL reasons as he did.

I don't doubt he had an issue, I just question why he had to use it as tool to manipulate me.

As I said if Frey is guilty I'd be disappointed. It's not cool getting pissed off about someone calling him out about his posts lacking substance and using RL reasons as he did.

I don't doubt he had an issue, I just question why he had to use it as tool to manipulate me.

Yeah, I hear you. I think that you and Reed were both greatly affected by that, which sucks.

It just didn't make any sense. Ashford was caught in multiple lies. I got her on day 1. Fossoway got her today, which really sealed it. And Tarth also caught her in a lot of inconsistencies today. She was clearly evil.

I would have at least understood if there was a tough decision between Reed and Frey on day 4. I could see an argument either way there, though I personally thought Frey stood out as the more likely partner. But to not lynch Ashford today? I just don't get it.

It was because Frey made absolutly no sense as partner. That left only Reed. And Reed could have been partner to Frey and Bolton too. Yes, we could have lynched Ashford, but Reed would have been next. I'm glad we lost now instead of wasting even more time. Ashford's claim also made less sense if she was partnered to Frey instead of Reed.

BS. Reed was the obvious partner. Frey was a non-entity. And he wanted to lynch Ashford on day 1. If we had lynched Frey and he had been innocent, that would be the worst decision ever.

Piper, the awful decision was lynching anybody over Ashford. He was clearly evil.

The Frey v. Reed decision should have been left for the next day. And I think the evidence points to Frey. That day 1 vote could have easily been for distance...its a CF game. And the hammer at the end of the day to lynch Vance over Ashford was very suspicious.

Anyway, sorry if I'm a little bitter right now. I blame myself as much as everyone else for this loss. I should have gotten Ashford lynched on day 1, and I shouldn't have allowed my work to keep me from participating during the early part of day 2. I needed to be more active so that the pressure would have stayed high on her. I screwed up when I didn't insist that we lynch her that day for information (and suspicion). By the time I got around to mentioning it, we were already at the end of the day, nobody was around, and it was too late.

BS. Reed was the obvious partner. Frey was a non-entity. And he wanted to lynch Ashford on day 1. If we had lynched Frey and he had been innocent, that would be the worst decision ever.

Sorry man, but your eliminations were pretty batty. I should've disputed them, but I thought it'd be an unnecessary distraction. :(

Yeah, I hear you. I think that you and Reed were both greatly affected by that, which sucks.

For me, it had worn off by the time I died. Not saying much when you haven't time is fine by me, but the wishy-washyness was starting to seem WRONG--especially speaking as someone else who plays by gut. Gut is not wishy-washy. It only exists in 0 and 1 values.

So I don't think we can get access to the spoilers yet, right?

Can you post the roles at least?

Here's the first post in the spoiler thread. I think Mina had other secret rules, but this is the most important information.

Evil Mods

FM Two-Shot Mystery Voter-->Mystery Lynch Protector (D3): House Ashford (Lany Cassandra)

FM: House Frey (Pebble that Hides)

Vanilla Mods

One Two-Shot Guard-->Healermaker (D3): House Fossoway (Sir Thursday)

Two-Activation BP-->Vengeful Vig (D3): House Connington (Slick Mongoose)

RI: Estermont (Whiskeyjack)

RI: Vance (ibelin)

RI: Tarth (Piper)

RI: Westerling (TheMalcolm)

RI: Reed (Shadowbaby)

RI-->Vampire (N2): Bolton (Halo Bender)

Piper, the awful decision was lynching anybody over Ashford. He was clearly evil.

The Frey v. Reed decision should have been left for the next day. And I think the evidence points to Frey. That day 1 vote could have easily been for distance...its a CF game. And the hammer at the end of the day to lynch Vance over Ashford was very suspicious.

Anyway, sorry if I'm a little bitter right now. I blame myself as much as everyone else for this loss. I should have gotten Ashford lynched on day 1, and I shouldn't have allowed my work to keep me from participating during the early part of day 2. I needed to be more active so that the pressure would have stayed high on her. I screwed up when I didn't insist that we lynch her that day for information (and suspicion). By the time I got around to mentioning it, we were already at the end of the day, nobody was around, and it was too late.

I can see distancing, but not from a player that is not able to play. The problem is that the FM played so awful that they somehow escaped logic. That and the lack of powerroles. If we had one more day, we would have won for sure. So why a guard instead of healer or BP, and why giving the FM an additional vote?

I can see distancing, but not from a player that is not able to play.

Not sure how that's relevant. Frey was posting enough to survive, and clearly wasn't going to just take a modkill.

The problem is that the FM played so awful that they somehow escaped logic.

Oh, I agree. I hate to be a sore loser and congrats to the FM....but the reality is that we gave them this game.

why giving the FM an additional vote?

And I also agree, that messed with the balance a lot. You can't give the FM a mystery vote in such a small game.

Dude....did you forget this was a CF game? I'm sorry, but you're just not making any sense.

You're making no sense. Frey was a likely lynch. Distancing was foolish. And even if you don't consider the distancing, Reed was still more likely to be Ashford's partner.

But damn, you're right. I apparently interpreted your "my impression of Ashford got better" reread wrongly. :P

Archived