Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Also Bolton, what are you playing at? You're now saying poison thing was entirely irrelevant, and coming up with this ridiculous stuff about Vampires too. I can't believe a mod would be irresponsible enough to make a joke that was unobvious enough that you would parrot it on thread like that, even in a game with demonstrably crazy mods like this. You must have known that this was in jest, and yet you reported it to the thread as though we should take it seriously. I don't see what you would stand to gain in doing that apart from screwing with our heads, and I don't see why an innocent player would want to do that. The only reason I can think of is some strange desire for self-preservation, but that's completely at odds with your post about having superpowers during the night, which is the opposite of self-preservation.

I guess it was in the interest of full disclosure.

And I'd actually disagree that mentioning the 'poisoning' on the thread was 'irrelevant'. I could have died last night for no apparent reason and I figured I should at least let people know something was up.

Anyway, I'd rather stop talking about it. I did let the discussion get out of hand, and it's an unnecessary distraction from the task on hand.

Any attempt to parse this as the actions of an inno just fails. I just can't see why you would have done this if you were on our team.

THIS is the biggest point in your favour as far as I'm concerned. I'm a little troubled by all the parroting I'm hearing on the thread about me being PI (or at least third tier) and Ashford and you being the top suspects. Though the fact that you've been persistently after me since day one does make me wonder if you're truly being objective.

I know I'm not the strongest player and I'm very worried that the FM are trying to get me on their side by clearing me.

As far as I can tell, Tarth clearing me seems the most authentic. He put some effort into a reread and actually came up with points he thought made me look innocent at a time when he could have just as easily pushed for my lynch. But for all I know he could of figured clearing me would have been more beneficial in the long run than lynching me.

As for Ashford, Reed and Frey. I know at least one of them is probably lying, but if pressed to vote I wouldn't know who to vote for.

I'll be honest, I'll be very disappointed if I find out Frey is guilty. I don't doubt his RL troubles, but I do sort of feel like an emotion card was pulled on me specifically, and I can't look at people objectively when that happens.

As for 'Baby Jesus' it should be noted that I am a proud atheist, I'll have no trouble hoisting his noose if I feel it's warranted :devil:

As you say, if there are paired FMs in this game and I'm one of them, then this reveal is a very convenient lie. I think I'll live with the trade off, because the information benefits the innocents here. And if it makes you feel any better, in a game designed with this sort of reversal in mind, would you give the FM a guard, knowing that it's going to be changed into something that's not particularly useful for them (a heal that can't even be used by the player that has the power)?

Sure the power to heal doesn't really benefit the FM but the ability to bestow the power of healing onto someone else could be useful to the FM if they played it right. I just don't know if a mod would be devious enough to do that even in this game.

The timer has been updated.

Mina-mod will have no access to a computer on Saturday (although I may be able to check the thread a couple of times from my phone), and mentat mod is out of the country, so your mod coverage may be sparse. At least one player in Spoiler Heaven has offered to help out, though.

Note that the deadline falls yet again during Euro night. If everyone hates the time, I could push it to a few hours earlier or later. But tell me now. Otherwise, don't blame me if no one's on at the deadline. But at least one player can't play past the 7th.

Also, regarding the mystery voter: If it was given to a FM it's a power that most likely would have changed with today's switcheroo. Since the mod's knew change was coming, it makes perfect sense for them to give that power to the FM in the first couple days.

Er, wait... I'm sure you guys knew that already. There was another point I was going to make but I forget it now :P

I clearly remmeber that I already shot Dayne and Clegane. <_<

* shoots Jordayne a hole in its head while tugging braids *

Between all those zombies you probably forgot my analysis. One more time:

I already ruled out the following partnerships

- Ashford/Fossoway

- Ashford/Frey

(-Ashford/Tarth from you PoV)

If you think that I am innocent and you agree with my reasoning that leaves the following pairings:

- Ashford/Bolton

- Ashford/Reed

- Bolton/Fossoway

- Bolton/Frey

- Bolton/Reed

- Fossoway/Frey

- Fossoway/Reed

- Frey/Reed

I hope I will be able to eliminate the one or the other partnership today.

I'm almost willing to strike off an Ashford/Bolton partnership.

Look at this exchange:

I am here and catching up.

How's the catch up going Ashford?

Ashford reaponds with his famous post where he mixed up events and for which he got bashed vy Estermont:

Huh? Your account of events doesn't make sense.

1) Reed made his post where he tried to smooth things over with Westerling.

2) I called it suspicious.

3) I voted for Reed.

At this point, there wasn't any back and forth. Just him doing something and me commenting on that.

4) Reed came back with a few sarcastic posts.

5) I clarified and reiterated my suspicion.

6) At the same time as I posted #5, you posted this -

And it was probably a cross-post, given the time stamp and the length of your post.

So my vote came before any possible 'teasing', I don't think anything I posted could be described as 'rising to his bait', and the only back and forth came in what looks to be a cross-post with your own post - not something you really had time to comment on (meaning you were probably commenting on just numbers 1-4 above). Your claim doesn't fit with the way things actually happened.

Were you just confused in some way? Because right now, it looks like you were just bullshitting a response to Bolton after he pressed you for thoughts.

Bolded mine.

I can see two FM talking to each other in the gamethread like this, but why did Ashford come up with something as poor as he did? It feels to me like he really felt pressured to say something. That's not necessarily a sign of guitl, but it probably means that Ashford and Bolton are not partnered.

That leaves only Reed as a possible Ashford partner.

I'm still thinking about Fossoway's claim. I haven't come to a conclusion yet but something bugs me.

I just lost everything I typed...stupid computer

first off, sorry I fell asleep last night.

I'm almost willing to strike off an Ashford/Bolton partnership.

That leaves only Reed as a possible Ashford partner.

Let me help with that. I have been under fire since my second post of the game. I have basically had only one supporter that whole time: Reed. This is a CF game. Would a partner be so obvious? I have yet to see it since the CF was invented. Therefore, I have no likely partners, I am not an FM.

I have had Bolton and Fossoway on my "good" list most of the game, but I am having a few doubts. The claims are weird.

I have a serious problem with a guard using his powers when there are still two FM and he's just as likely to hit an innocent trying to do good. It makes no sense. But when you revers that, and now he has the ability to give someone a heal power, and he openly does this, it makes him look PI. If the mods knew that on day two they were going to do this, it is likely they worked the balance in so that something that might have helped the FM, would now be something that might hurt them, giving back to the balance.

I also still have problems with Frey. I feel like his RL problems have earned him a free pass and that is not right. I don't doubt him for a second, but random.org does not care about RL issues. Look at his content! The is NOTHING. A bunch of wishy washy posts. I feel like a class A jerk for this, but I can't help but feel we are letting him pass. I have had issues to, but I didn't let them stop me. I had no idea I'd become a scatter-brained freak (ok, I'm generally half way there most days anyway) but I certainly didn't let it stop me from expressing my opinions, no matter how wrong they were. :P

I'd put Frey and Fossoway on my top tier, followed by everyone else. I am the only person I am sure of.

As for 'Baby Jesus' it should be noted that I am a proud atheist, I'll have no trouble hoisting his noose if I feel it's warranted :devil:

:( I knew I should've chosen A Puppy instead!

Note that the deadline falls yet again during Euro night. If everyone hates the time, I could push it to a few hours earlier or later. But tell me now. Otherwise, don't blame me if no one's on at the deadline. But at least one player can't play past the 7th.

I'm I the only one the sees the irony in asking the players if there's a problem with the deadline happening during euro night while the euro players are asleep? <_<

I clearly remmeber that I already shot Dayne and Clegane. <_<

Aren't you supposed to bludgeon zombies to death anyway?

Tarth, I don't think we've really eliminated Ashford/Tarth possibility. You were at a point where it would've looked suspicious to switch or remove vote, so I think that could've been distancing gone wrong (but handled well). I do agree that Ashford/Frey is eliminated though.

Let me help with that. I have been under fire since my second post of the game. I have basically had only one supporter that whole time: Reed. This is a CF game. Would a partner be so obvious? I have yet to see it since the CF was invented. Therefore, I have no likely partners, I am not an FM.

I have had Bolton and Fossoway on my "good" list most of the game, but I am having a few doubts. The claims are weird.

I am truly a poor man's supporter.

I find Bolton's role claim weird in the way that I anticipated for this game. Fossoway's I just find weird in a suspicious way.

Unfortunatly I have less time than expected. It bothers me that we won't achieve a lynch today anyway because of the zombies running wild. It also doesn't help that no one is around.

I'm still wondering why Estermont got shot. Apparently the FM like to kill those who contribute. That points towards Frey and Ashford.

I tend to trust Fossoway. He revealed when there was no pressure on him at all. Time to make some decisions, and my first decision for today is to believe Fossoway and his claim.

ETA: nevermind, I just now realized that it's still four votes to lynch

OK, so I'm doing something I almost never do: A reread from the beginning. I'm specifically looking for early interactions between people. Anyway, I'm probably not going to be able to finish all that I'd like before the end of the day but I'll share a couple observations anyway.

First off, the thing that made me like Fossoway since early in the game turns out not to be so true afterall. I thought he was giving people in general a hard time in order to get them talking but as it turns out it was only me. When I start engaging him more on the matter he voted for Frey... I'm not far enough along in my readthrough to see if his focus shifts any further or not.

By post 100, the following pairings have not interacted at all:

Ashford/Fossoway, Ashford/Frey, Ashford/Tarth, Fossoway/Reed, Frey/Reed.

There are only two votes cast against players still alive:

Frey votes for Tarth in an RP post (25)

Fossoway votes for Frey because he hasn't posted much (read post 93 for an explanation)

Fossoway deliberately shifts attention towards Tarth in post 75 but he's just fielding a question, he does not provide a case or reason (at least not as of post 100)

Tarth and Reed have an interaction that I'm not quite sure what to make of (if anything). Tarth basically calls Reed out for being a 'dick' in post 57, but doesn't actually accuse him of anything. He goes on to vote Estermont in that post.

Post 66 could sort of be seen as a subtle defense of Reed in that Tarth is going after Estermont who is going after Reed.

Finally, Ashford is stuck defending himself early on due to some comments he made about Reed and Estermont in 55, (post 59). He seems to be more suspicious of Estermont who called him on it than of Reed so I don't think it would rule them out as partners.

In fact Estermont was after Ashford a hell of a lot day one to the point where it makes me immediately suspicious of Estermont's NK. Many would agree that Estermont was still very much in the pool of suspects when NKed, but it makes sense if he was onto something (even if he layed off a bit day 2)

As I've said I'm only on post 100. It's possible that the things I've mentioned change later on which I'm hoping to look at later. Right now however I've got to take off for a few hours. I hope I still have enough time for analysis when I get back.

Bolton, could you proof Ashford's statement that Reed has been defending him that obviously that we can rule him out as a possible partner?

It doesn't exist, not that I know of anyway. I liked Ashford well enough on D1 to put the swing vote on Vance instead, then I middle-roaded on Ashford yesterday before putting him onto my Tier 1 today. That's about it.

Not so happy with Estermont. He suspected pretty much everyone but Bolton (didn't really comment me). He wanted to lynch Fossoway, he didn't like Reed and Frey. He wasn't happy with Ashford too, but he said that Ashford improved after he reread him.

So, say that two of Fossoway, Reed and Frey are FM. In that case they had a very good reason to kill Estermont. Especially Frey, who had been given a free pass by me (and Bolton too, IIRC).

I have a serious problem with a guard using his powers when there are still two FM and he's just as likely to hit an innocent trying to do good. It makes no sense. But when you revers that, and now he has the ability to give someone a heal power, and he openly does this, it makes him look PI. If the mods knew that on day two they were going to do this, it is likely they worked the balance in so that something that might have helped the FM, would now be something that might hurt them, giving back to the balance.

I could just have told you all I was a one-shot guard and you'd have been none the wiser. You may not agree with my decision, but the fact that I told you about it must count for something, right?

Also, your reasoning here is most definitely flawed. Why would the mods take into account the strength of a reveal in how they balance the game when the scum can reveal as whatever they like?

I don't like this post of Ashford's one bit - there are legitimate reasons to doubt my reveal, but these aren't them. It sounds like he's just decided to say he doesn't trust the reveal without thinking about it enough. Scum would oppose this reveal on principle, and here we have Ashford doing just that.

I could just have told you all I was a one-shot guard and you'd have been none the wiser. You may not agree with my decision, but the fact that I told you about it must count for something, right?

Also, your reasoning here is most definitely flawed. Why would the mods take into account the strength of a reveal in how they balance the game when the scum can reveal as whatever they like?

I don't like this post of Ashford's one bit - there are legitimate reasons to doubt my reveal, but these aren't them. It sounds like he's just decided to say he doesn't trust the reveal without thinking about it enough. Scum would oppose this reveal on principle, and here we have Ashford doing just that.

Don't forget that you have to make someone healer. I'd suggest to choose between Bolton and my humble self.

Archived