Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

They can't be lynched.

But if you have to pick a player the night before, then why did you say this:

I didn't say you were dumb.

I have a role too and it overpowers the innocents entirely too much. I can actually PROVE my role without relying on another person to back me up. (other than Targ) It's an ok role on it's own, add healer and guard as well and it is too much.

I can protect one person from lynch, as long as I send in a name during the night. I have not felt so strong about anyone's innocence to use this.

This is why I found great fault with you and your reveal.

when there hasn't been a night in which to use it yet (given that everything got inverted today)?

I smell a rat.

Vote Ashford

But if you have to pick a player the night before, then why did you say this:

when there hasn't been a night in which to use it yet (given that everything got inverted today)?

I smell a rat.

Vote Ashford

The insanity happened during today. I had a "couple of hours" for the first pick so I let it lapse.

If we vote for night, I can prove myself. If we vote anyone else, I can still prove myself. If you kill me, we lose.

You know what makes me doubt Ashford? The fact that he STILL (as of post 599) hasn't told us what his first power was. He couldn't have had his current power since the beginning as it's not one of those mentioned on Targ's list.

It looks like my analysis of the early game is entirely unnecessary at this point. Great, the ONE time I actually try putting effort into the game and it's totally unneeded :P

I messed up. I removed my vote from Connie to try and fix it, but no one was around to change the outcome during the night.

I need to check this.

Did you vote Conny normally and use the Mystry vote then removed your normal vote. is this what your saying?

Can you clarify what happened please.

You know what makes me doubt Ashford? The fact that he STILL (as of post 599) hasn't told us what his first power was. He couldn't have had his current power since the beginning as it's not one of those mentioned on Targ's list.

It looks like my analysis of the early game is entirely unnecessary at this point. Great, the ONE time I actually try putting effort into the game and it's totally unneeded :P

Sorry, once again I thought I was clear when I answered Tarth. Frey and then Tarth both asked if I was the mystery voter.

The insanity happened during today. I had a "couple of hours" for the first pick so I let it lapse.

If we vote for night, I can prove myself. If we vote anyone else, I can still prove myself. If you kill me, we lose.

There once was a red marigold,

Who was slightly too keen with the bold,

In consequence she

was moved to Dundee,

And in winter did die of the cold.

I want BRAINS, but you can't even stop yourself using bold when it's inappropriate. Guess I'll do to TTTNE for my supper.

The one thing I can take pride in is that I sort of did come to the conclusion that seems to be showing up on the thread right now, independently of the reveal fallout.

Basically it boils down to this...

On day one Reed voted Vance and said he had 'mostly good' impressions of Ashford. He said that he GENUINLY LOOKS LIKE HE'S TRYING TO FIND KILLERS.

Connington calls him out on this as at this point Ashford hasn't provided much in the way of suspects at all.

Reed replies in post 173 that he be hard pressed to come up with a top suspect too on day one.

Connington called him out again as his response had nothing to do with his first statement of Ashford looking like he was trying to track down killers.

Then comes his mistake as far as I'm concerned. In post 179 he OVERDEFENDS his stance on Ashford because he realizes Connington has caught him in a wrong turn of phrase. He should have just brushed it off as a wrong choice of words but instead he also feels the need to provide a quote from Ashford to support his point.

It shows he's WAY TO concerned about trying to get out of this contradiction. Well at least that's the conclusion I come to :P

see post 604 for quotes.

Your talking about your votes on Conny. you say you removed your vote to try and fix it but no-one was arround at night.

Can you please clarify excatly what happened with your votes. please make it clear if talking about you vote or the MV

I still try to understand Ashford.

I really want to.

:idea:

The idea of an Ashford-Reed pairing has been crossing my mind for such a long time now. I can't be that smart, can I? Say Ashford tells us the truth - how can he proof his role? Ashford, how exactly does your role work?

I send in a name at night. Next day that person cannot be lynched. I had a couple hours to do it after the insanity, if I wanted to use it today, but I didn't feel that good about anyone.

Ashford, why are you not concerned that I've pretty much made my mind up on you? Shouldn't you be trying to sway my opinion?

Actually come to think of it this powerplay should be making it pretty obvious to you who is guilty. Why haven't you named your other suspect other than Fossoway?

I am not sure I follow? I placed the MV on Connie. (clear, yes?)

I had voted him then switched to you, but was unsure which was right, so I went with both. It was kind of cool to not have to pick just one.

edit (add clear)

so your saying you voted conny. removed voted me. then Mystry voted conny becasue you was not sure?

you have also said " I removed my vote from Connie to try and fix it, but no one was around to change the outcome during the night."

So you tried to remove your mystry vote durring the night? Is it possible to remove mystry votes after they are cast? Its not a roll used very often but I thought MV's once cast can't be changed is the norm.

I just lost everything I typed...stupid computer

first off, sorry I fell asleep last night.

Let me help with that. I have been under fire since my second post of the game. I have basically had only one supporter that whole time: Reed. This is a CF game. Would a partner be so obvious? I have yet to see it since the CF was invented. Therefore, I have no likely partners, I am not an FM.

I have had Bolton and Fossoway on my "good" list most of the game, but I am having a few doubts. The claims are weird.

I have a serious problem with a guard using his powers when there are still two FM and he's just as likely to hit an innocent trying to do good. It makes no sense. But when you revers that, and now he has the ability to give someone a heal power, and he openly does this, it makes him look PI. If the mods knew that on day two they were going to do this, it is likely they worked the balance in so that something that might have helped the FM, would now be something that might hurt them, giving back to the balance.

I also still have problems with Frey. I feel like his RL problems have earned him a free pass and that is not right. I don't doubt him for a second, but random.org does not care about RL issues. Look at his content! The is NOTHING. A bunch of wishy washy posts. I feel like a class A jerk for this, but I can't help but feel we are letting him pass. I have had issues to, but I didn't let them stop me. I had no idea I'd become a scatter-brained freak (ok, I'm generally half way there most days anyway) but I certainly didn't let it stop me from expressing my opinions, no matter how wrong they were. :P

I'd put Frey and Fossoway on my top tier, followed by everyone else. I am the only person I am sure of.

Why do you think Bolton's claim is weird? It sounds like you changed his mind about him because of his vampire claim. I think should have been clear at that point that Bolton's role had nothing to do with his alignement.

I still don't like what you said about Reed. "No one defended me but Reed, but Reed constantly safed my ass in such a glorious way, that he can't be my partner. That's why I can't be a killer, see?" If had been your partner on day 2, I would have voted Vance to safe you.

And finally, if you wanted to lynch Connington, why did you remove your vote? And did you ever plan to reveal your role?

Ashford, why are you not concerned that I've pretty much made my mind up on you? Should't you be trying to sway my opinion?

Actually come to think of it this powerplay should be making it pretty obvious to you who is guilty? Why haven't you named your other suspect other than Fossoway?

His role clashes with mine. It is too much. And Frey, of course. I said that already was promptly ignored by the pity party.

So let's talk about OPPOSITES. Is healing the OPPOSITE of guarding (even giving this power to another)? Is preventing a lynch the OPPOSITE of casting extra lynch votes?

Archived