New casting clues up on the NAB

Maltaran

I'd pondered David Bradley for Craster before. Walder Frey I'd always envisaged as someone very short (hence the popular Wallace Shawn suggestions), but I suppose that's not a problem if he's spending all his time sitting down anyway.

Bradley will be a great fit for the role, if it is indeed him. Looks about how I imagined Frey and he plays 'crazy-old-coots' really well, which is exactly what the Late Lord Walder is. I'm satisfied.

Nice. :) So we definitely have Walder Frey. That answers one of the big questions left regarding the production. And sets things up nicely for future seasons. :)

I think Frey was the only big question I had left (outside of actual plot points, but those will have to wait until the show actually airs); Roose Bolton in season 1 isn't anywhere near as important. The only problem with leaving him until season 2 is where do you introduce him, but I'm sure they'll work it out

Saw Bradley at the National Theatre in the 90's. Harold Pinter's The Homecoming,with Lindsay Duncan,Michael Sheen and Keith Allen. He played the suspected paedophille father and was utterly horrific. Its a brilliant choice for the character. The only other actor who could possibly do a better job is Peter Vaughn but he's already playing Aemon.

Saw Bradley at the National Theatre in the 90's. Harold Pinter's The Homecoming,with Lindsay Duncan,Michael Sheen and Keith Allen. He played the suspected paedophille father and was utterly horrific. Its a brilliant choice for the character. The only other actor who could possibly do a better job is Peter Vaughn but he's already playing Aemon.

Very cool. I saw the same play on Broadway with Ian McShane in that role of the father (and James Frain as the son who comes back home). Weird but excellent play and the acting was fantastic.

Very cool. I saw the same play on Broadway with Ian McShane in that role of the father (and James Frain as the son who comes back home). Weird but excellent play and the acting was fantastic.

Been watching Frain in the 3rd season of True Blood. Absolute nutter in it and steals every scene he's in! Wouldn't be surprised if he popped up in GOT at some point.

Archived