The Ashes 2010/11

Stubby

Trying to show some enhusiasm

I rally want Punter to be the captain that has lost 3 ashes series in eons, so the Poms get my very reluctant support

( the other 3 test series more interesting- Pak showing gumption, WI sparkling, SL fighting back, India finding it's tigers claws, NZ being plucky)

What is it with England and the first over of an Ashes series in Brisbane?

Not only did they drop Harmison so he couldn't bowl another wide first ball, they decided to bat. But even that didn't prevent a clanger.

I feel much better now that the unusual sense of optimism has disappeared.

It is strangely reassuring to have age-old traditions restored and England getting off to a slightly shaky start. I was a bit surprised it was Strauss to fall early, I was expecting Cook to be more of a risk.

Damn. Trott looked fairly comfortable there. Good bowling change from Punter though - that was a good example of why it's handy to have four quicks up at the 'Gabba.

ETA: Would expect to see Doherty have a bowl shortly if Pietersen gets off to a flyer.

Can we all admit that Shane Watson has become Australia's best player?

Yeah, I have to admit that I was wrong about Watson. Apart from the fact that I thought he should have given up on his bowling so that he could stay fit, I just never really rated him as a test player. Just as well I'm not a selector...

Archived