3rd Game of Thrones Teaser Upcoming

Westeros

HBO has not only confirmed last night’s report of a 15-minute long “Inside Game of Thrones” program on Sunday, December 5th, but they’ve also revealed that there’s going to be a brand new teaser scheduled to air this Saturday and Sunday.

We don’t have specific times as of yet, but we’d expect the teasers to air in the vicinity of major original programming (after or before this weekend’s Boardwalk Empire seems a likely bet), and in any casewe’re told that they will be placed on the Making Game of Thrones site in short order. Expect Westeros.org to provide its usual embedded links and thorough analysis when we get a hold of them out here!

Visit the Site!

Update from HBO: Saturday's item before 8PM is actually just a promo spot for "Inside Game of Thrones".

Sunday is when the new teaser will air. Pretty sure it will air some time just before or just after Boardwalk Empire.

The teaser will air before the 8PM film, Leap Year. Looking at the film right before it -- Avatar -- it looks like it'll squeeze in somewhere between 7:55PM and 8.

HBO's online schedule say there's a First Look: 127 Hours at 7pm followed by Leap Year at 7:15. So maybe at the end of the First Look there will be a teaser for AGoT? Though my DTV guide just has Leap Year starting at 7:15 with no mention of the First Look at 7pm.

All times given are dealing with the east coast schedule. I honestly don't know when this will air on the west coast. :)

But we're looking at Sunday for the new teaser, anyways, not Saturday. Saturday just has a promo for the "Inside Game of Thrones" program set for December 5th.

But we're looking at Sunday for the new teaser, anyways, not Saturday.

Right. All times were for Sunday the 28th, EST.

I'm just gonna DVR everything from 7pm right on through the new Boardwalk at 9. I just have a feeling they'll tack the teaser on to the end of the First Look that comes on before the Leap Year thats before the new Boardwalk. :wacko:

That's an interesting idea. I did not think of that.

That said, HBO will have it online very shortly after it airs, so even if we miss it, we won't be suffering too much.

Actually, I kind of hope you're right, so I don't end up staying up to 4AM (or later!) screencapping and annotating. ;)

Was worried that I misunderstood that there was going to be a 3rd teaser tonight, or that I'd missed it; and then, all of sudden, there was at 8:59pm. Since I wasn't paying enough attention, I missed the first couple seconds before realizing that it was on, so hopefully HBO puts it up online soon. From what I did see though, I liked it. I really, really liked it. No complaints from me with the show.

ETA: And it's already up on the production diary awesome. Who is that drawing a sword at the 27 second mark? I know you can clearly see his face when pausing, but I just haven't kept up with who most of the actors are when the news was breaking since I didn't know pretty much any of them besides Sean Bean and Mark Addy.

AH! I saw it the teaser trailer! Leapyear ended then it came after the Sherlock Holmes preview.

A nice little trailer. About what? 30 seconds? 45 seconds? But, I love the voice over. Who is that? Old Nan?

The shot of Drogo was a bit short. He looked quite shaggy. Maybe the stills will give us a better sense.

Dany, awesome!

Cersei, whoah! Beautiful. I know Lena is a wonderful actress, but she seems very thoughtful in the quick, few seconds we get (and not at all the manipulative gem we've come to know and love). But, it's just a few seconds and the idea that she will make Cersei more accessible in season one (as opposed to book 4 for us readers) is something I'm happy about.

Bran. Whew. This kid's going to have the chops, I feel it.

Will stop here and let others log in and catch up. Looks like someone might be up until 4am after all doing screenshots. :)

I like hearing Old Nan as a voice over telling one of her tales about Winter to the children. I'll comment more in depth after Boardwalk Empire, but that was a sweet (and finally proper) trailer, IMO.

Fan-fucking-tastic. Our first solid shot of the Hound (with bonus LOLJOFFREY), and he looks appropriately intimidating. Also, apparently we get gratuitous lesbians. Hooray!

Interesting choice to have Will be the one executed instead of Gared, but it makes some sense in the general "let's streamline characters" fashion. Also, it makes Ned look like more of a hardass to execute a boy barely out of his teens instead of an old earless dude.

Mark Addy is gonna be great.

Archived